8 yrs in the NRL: How your team fared in the 16-team comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Since the Gold Coast Titans joined the competition in 2007, most teams have been on a rollercoaster ride in search of success.

Fairfax Media has combined all competition points from the past eight years to work out if your team has underachieved or overachieved over that period, and how they shape heading into the future.

Melbourne and Manly have been the dominant teams, finishing way ahead of the pack.

Manly are the only team to play in every finals series since 2007. The Panthers, who have played in just one, have featured in the least.

Unfortunately for Ricky Stuart, he is the common denominator among the three worst teams - Parramatta, Cronulla and Canberra - since 2007.

Read More

What is the mention of the 2011 premiership under the Storm?

How can the Scum rate ahead of us with less finals appearances and less GF wins?

3 premierships (two stripped) ........NO they do not have 3 premierships then, they only have one. When will these idiots wake up that the scum do not have those premierships because they cheated.

Meh, It's just another grouping of inaccurate points to reinforce to the sheeple that Manly aren't the best under the guise of a 'well thought out and written' article.

Knowing the truth that Manly has been over the last 10 years, the best team, and the team other coaches try to emulate and other players want to join (so they don't have to play against us) is enlightening.

The fact that 'journos' still write articles venerating the storm simply shows either who pays their bills, or who they are afraid of.

*Under the radar whilst the trophy cabinet gets full!*

Dan said:
What is the mention of the 2011 premiership under the Storm?

The Fact Checker meant 2012.

They on par with the Statistician's algorithm of weighting wins in Finals equaly to wins when your cheating Team plays for zero competition points :dodgy:

Every Reader can still see that Manly's 4/7 grand finals in 7 years is a dominant Team :)

Our record is second to none over this period. The cheating news filth drizzle only had success on the back of fielding an illegal team for most of this period.

sheridanstand78 said:
Our record is second to none over this period. The cheating news filth drizzle only had success on the back of fielding an illegal team for most of this period.

same goes for bellyache's coaching record.
i'm sick of hearing about how good a coach he is. if it wasn't for waldron rorting the cap who knows what players would have stayed/signed with the scum.
any or all of the 'big 4' could have left there years ago & they might have never reached the finals in any of them years.
it suprises me that the media choose to ignore this fact.

castle eagle said:
it suprises me that the media choose to ignore this fact.
Surprised? Don't you think 'the media' have agendas? Doesn't News Ltd still own half the media? Does not the other half also have an interest in the NRL being perceived as a genuine noble sport, rather than a cynical corrupt marketing exercise?

Storm was owned by News Ltd, who also owned 50% of the game. Storm being exposed for massive cap rorting was and is a major embarrassment for the NRL.

Most stakeholders would prefer the memories to fade to dust as swiftly as possible, a couple of asterisks the only trace.

Hmm no comment other than "most for lack of a better word" clubs play under the same rules just some inject more of the good stuff in the right places.

It's all about out of control inflation in certain positions and retention in certain positions such is life.(more so back then)

Using the Hamster Huey TM method of assessing teams from 2006-2014 (Rnd 20), Manly are way ahead of the pack. Melbourne still perform well, even if you halve their 07-09 benefits (wins, points scored) and delete their finals efforts.

I'm constantly amazed by how quickly elements of the media are glossing over the Storm rorting, when assessing their last decade. I was even disappointed by an Inside Sport story on the club a couple of months back, that while talking about how good the club is for Melbourne, never made a single mention of their crime.

After yesterday its hard to see that the Titans will even be in NRL in a few years, fair dinkum they have almost zero support on the coast now.

Truly I'd be surprised if they had more than a 1000 supporters there yesterday, and the away supporters out numbered them 6 to 1.

They are now considered a "farce" on the coast.

I am sure with the Suns there that the National Rabbitohs League will still keep them going, but like Melbourne only with massive injections of cash!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4