666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
What's all this talk of chez not being a facilitator? How many try assists did he finish with? Sure, he's a natural ball runner, but he's proved this year he can play for the team.

He is not an organizer.....he is definitely a facilitator

And of course he plays for the team, that is not in question

Move Sironen over into Wintersteins Position , he should provide Crocker some Attacking support and toughen up the defensive line.
Then throw the Bank at Crichton, or what's left of it..
And prey for an early release.
Done..all our Problems solved.

I watched Joey Lussick not even attempt to make a tackle (when we got flogged by the dragons) when we played them at their home. It was infuriating to watch on telly. He'd given up and didn't care what the score would be. We were missing a heap of stars and it was his chance to shine... Instead I watched him at one point just let the man with the ball go. Run straight past him.

From that point on, I'd hoped to not see him in a Manly Jersey again. Probably sounds a little harsh and I'm sure he's done lots of good things but that told me he didn't have any heart. Especially not in the Manly Jersey.

Were you out on the field? No i don't think so? He is one of the only players who played every reggies game and gave it everything and was a stand out player each and every game.

Many of the players miss tackles and give up during games so i dare say you are being very very harsh for someone who went out there and got the game started again and scored a try when players who play week in week out couldn't even get the ball down the other end of the field

D.T.
Carney told The Daily Telegraph he would be prepared to give up the booze to secure an NRL contract and save his controversial career.

Carney, 31, also said he had made contact with Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett after The Daily Telegraph last week revealed Manly’s preliminary interest in the former Dally M Medal winner.

“I have come back to Australia to hopefully give it one last crack,” Carney said. “It would be good to finish at the top level.

“I wouldn’t be trying to get back in if I didn’t think I still had the ability.

“If I got a club, I would be judged by my actions on and off the field. Everyone has their knockers and doubters. I’ve got a thick skin and can’t worry about that ... push it to one side and move on.
I can’t change things. I can only change the next outcome if it happens. I want to change the perspective of people. Hopefully I can go out on the big stage again in the NRL.

“It’s about getting that opportunity. Some people may say it’s another chance but hopefully I can get an opportunity to prove myself. Even to just train and trial at a club. I feel I’ve done my time.

Carney said he would abstain from alcohol if it meant signing an NRL contract.

“That’s definitely in the contract if I went to a club,” Carney said. “That’s already been spoken about.

“And I wouldn’t be surprised if a club or the NRL put that out there and it wouldn’t be an issue for me.

“It is always spoken about and rightly so. That’s just the way it is. The answer to your question is yes. There is a plan in place.
“I have been overseas now for three years. What happened at Cronulla was stupid but I feel I have done my time.”

Barrett hasn’t made a final decision on whom he will sign, if anyone, but is monitoring Carney’s progress and behaviour in Cairns.

Manly were expected to make a decision within the next fortnight on whether they would replace Blake Green.

But being found $400,000 over the salary cap with their third-party deals could affect their interest in Carney, as well as Newcastle’s Trent Hodkinson and Brock Lamb.

Barrett may have to look internally at Lachlan Croker or Jackson Hastings.

“I spoke to Trent on Sunday, he coached me when we were with Country,” Carney said. “Every time a club needs a half there is speculation and my name gets tossed up.

“I didn’t ring him to ask for a contract or if he had a contract for me. I just wanted to find out whether his comments (in The Daily Telegraph) were true. It was peace of mind for myself and to see if there was interest there.

“After the article the other day, it came as a bit of a surprise. Trent explained the club’s position. There may be an opportunity there. It was more of a catch-up chat. I’m hopeful. They have a number of options.”

Carney is good enough to play in the NRL but I still don't think he's got his attitude right,
if I wanted to play in the NRL and I had a history with the booze I wouldn't be saying If I got an NRL contract I would then give up the drink, I would be off it already to prove I was ready and have the right attitude to be given another chance.

So I think we should go with Lachlan Croker or Jackson Hastings or one of the other youngster's and let's hope it's a breakout year for one or more of them. maybe play one and rotate one off the bench..... Not that we have much of an option with what's happening with the Alleged Salary Cap Breach.

It was interesting to hear the claims on NRL 360 last night that Pearce was aware of the pending salary cap investigation results and that Manly would likely be sanctioned. This allegedly swayed his thinking to sign with the Knights as he didn't want to get caught up in the drama.

1.2 million on a 2 year deal is not $1,068,000 per year its over $600 K a year .
Carneys motive to come back to Australia was not to finish his career with a second division team . His motive was to back his talent and prove that his talent can get him back in the big League NRL and its rewards .
I don't think he is Jesus . I think he is a talented player who has represented at the highest level , he won NRL best player of the year award and I also think he was a young out of control fool . Our coach has come out and said Carney was an option . Lets see what eventuates

Try and stay with the facts ... you said "1.2 million pounds over 2 years" .... that at the current conversion rate of 1.78 X 600,000 pounds per year equals $aus 1,068,000 per year.

I repeat, anybody who thinks Carney knocked back an offer like that is moon barking, lip smacking doodle fiddling MAD!

On a one year , min style contract , maybe with some win bonus’s I think Carney would be a fair gain.

It’s not like we can be picky at this stage can we?

Give the young fellas a crack but if they fail bring bring up Toddy for a crack.

Just imagine the haters out there if we signed him, they are in full throttle now , but if he care they’d be in meltdown!!

if we were to offer Carney a contract does anyone know how much it would be if he was going to play for 100000 surely we wouldn't have to offer him that much more as we're doing him more of a favour and taking a risk

Greensprog would set a market value of $850k...

Im not sure about that, while he may like to set that price for Carney, his currently worth what someones willing to pay, which is $100k.... Of course, if the NRL is prepared to register his contract, the figure could be significantly more.

Given he doesnt have registration yet, and that he is back in Australia to try and resurect his last years of his career, I would think a $250k one season no stuff up contract, might get him over the line. He is a big risk to any team... and to be honest, he would have to play his ring out for a crack at bigger coin, given his age, and history.

Im not sure about that, while he may like to set that price for Carney, his currently worth what someones willing to pay, which is $100k.... Of course, if the NRL is prepared to register his contract, the figure could be significantly more.

Given he doesnt have registration yet, and that he is back in Australia to try and resurect his last years of his career, I would think a $250k one season no stuff up contract, might get him over the line. He is a big risk to any team... and to be honest, he would have to play his ring out for a crack at bigger coin, given his age, and history.
I was thinking something similar maybe a two year deal but rothturd reckons we wont sign anyone now we should have 400k alreast and we can cut cullen loose hes **** anyway

According to Carney's Public Relations Officer in Australia ( @BOZO ) he was offered over $1 million a season to play in the ESL .... there is your market value right there.

But he gave it all up because of his dream .......... (fill in what ever dribble you like)
Must have been in Hong Kong Dollars which equates to around AUD$ 170,000

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8