666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hang on, the more I think about this the more it seems a decent plan. We have the money, and if we can't find anyone to buy then let's make sure we have all possible options for next year in the halves. Offer Hodkinson a cheap one year deal, he's experienced, though seemingly broken. If he's truly not up to scratch than we can just hand the five-eighth role to another of our candidates. If Hodkinson ain't good then we can simply not offer him a contract extension.

1. Tom Trbojevic
6. Trent Hodkinson
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
9. Apisai Koroisau

I like it.

I'm sure the knights will pay a big part of the contract just to get rid of him.

He can organise and is a very good goal kicker.

He will compliment DCE and it's only for a year when hopefully Metcalfe steps up in 2019.

Considering there's not much experience left on the market and how desperate we are for a goal kicker, I'm happy to give it a shot.

If it doesn't work, he's in reserves and we use Hastings or Croker or even Metcalfe.

Last edited:
I like it.

I'm sure the knights will pay a big part of the contract just to get rid of him.

He can organise and is a very good goal kicker.

He will compliment DCE and it's only for a year when hopefully Metcalfe steps up in 2019.

Considering there's not much experience left on the market and how desperate we are for a goal kicker, I'm happy to give it a shot.

If it doesn't work, he's on reserves and we use Hastings or Croker or even Metcalfe.
You have come up with some good points but does he still have it in him ?

I don't mind this move. He was the knights marquee signing on big money at the time but really couldn't find any form in that side. It could possibly a Uate situation where he just needs a hug in a good team and might find his form again. This sorts out our goal kicking issues and if he breaks down we put in Hastings who is a great goal kicker. Risky yes but if Knights pay some of his contract which I think they might, we get out of this pretty good as we can also bring in a marquee forward as we will still have around 700k to play with. This is why we don't get into bidding wars, we need players on the cheap subsidised by other clubs as we don't have the luxury of third-party payments. This is our loop hole and the only way to gain value out of our roster.

Remember the Knights also had Uate in ressies and thought he was past it. How'd that work out for them.
Uate has not had the injury issues . That's the difference feathered friend
DT July 2017 ....
WHATEVER else Trent Hodkinson can’t do, he could always kick.

Injuries have robbed him of any speed he once had and now they make it hard for him to cut it physically in the NRL week to week.

The Knights veteran is playing on a young team with young players who are low on confidence because they never win and can’t catch a break.

In all likelihood, we’re seeing the end of his NRL career before our eyes.

But he could always kick. In his five years as a kicker, Hodkinson had a success rate of 75 per cent or more four times. Last year he successfully kicked 47 of 56 attempts (83.9 per cent) from the tee.

He actually had a pretty good year this year.He played 17 games and missed some through the middle of the year because of a leg problem(not the knees as people are mentioning I think).He fell out of favour more because he is not a runner and that is what Brown is looking for(and he fits what we are looking for),he spent some time in reggies because he was toughing it out and continuing playing,but with the leg issue at the time could not really give 100%.He finished the year off strongly after getting the leg problem sorted and if we can't/aren't looking to get some Lamb on the plate then at 200-250K and the Knights paying the rest then I am happy to give him a shot.Saves some cash to maybe entice a forward into the squad with the left over cash as others have pointed out...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10