• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep, 1 on 1 tackles can still be advantageous as long as the team recognises it's happening and has 2 players ready to go into marker and the tackler rolls away and gets ready for the following tackle.
It still means a quick play the ball and the tackler is out of the next play if they just roll away. Needs to be a way of rewarding a good tackle around the legs.

This is what Des was more concerned about straight after the game rather than the ' forward pass. Think it was the same sort of count last week. This is another way that refs can influence a game with discretionary decisions. The penalty against Marty early also shows how one on one tackles are penalised. Needs to be a call for these type of tackles allowing the tackler time to get to marker before the play the ball. Would reward one on one tackles rather than penalise them.
Depending on the outcome of the 1 on 1 tackle - if it's a collision the attacker wins, should get the quick play the ball....if the defender wins the contact, should get the "Dominant" call and get extra time controlling the tackle/ruck area....this includes the surrender, as attack will soon start dropping at the line and playing the ball in 1 motion, allow defenders plenty of leeway when this occurs....I love the idea of improving quickness which allows the skilled players to shine, but Rugby League needs to maintain it's identity and not have too much of a touch footy feel.

If you go to Fox sports nrl and click on match centre at top of page it has all stats there stats have it 2-2
I was listening to the game on the radio and following the stats on Fox sports (trying not to purchase a Watch NRL subscription as it is ridiculously expensive when you only watch Manly games). A number of times the commentators would note the 6 again and the stats wouldn't update. It seems the statistician needs a bit more time to get up to speed on recording this stat, as it has become even more important than a penalty imo. I'd even go further and say the punishment for a ruck infringement 6 again is greater than the in-game punishment for a shoulder charge, high tackle or spear tackle. Go figure...

It still means a quick play the ball and the tackler is out of the next play if they just roll away. Needs to be a way of rewarding a good tackle around the legs.
Agreed, but even without that it can still be a big play, especially if the opposition is in their own half.

Depending on the outcome of the 1 on 1 tackle - if it's a collision the attacker wins, should get the quick play the ball....if the defender wins the contact, should get the "Dominant" call and get extra time controlling the tackle/ruck area....this includes the surrender, as attack will soon start dropping at the line and playing the ball in 1 motion, allow defenders plenty of leeway when this occurs....I love the idea of improving quickness which allows the skilled players to shine, but Rugby League needs to maintain it's identity and not have too much of a touch footy feel.
If the ball runner finds his front the ref will never call dominant, which can happen even when a defender llike Jake cuts someone in half.

One of the things the roosters are doing very well under the new rules is compressing the defensive line quickly after conceding a quick ptb, knowing the push up the middle is coming. They gang tackle the next runner and mitigate their losses. This is something that suits our defensive style and I'd love to see more of.

I have concerns about these stats not being documented or rated as official. I agree it's great to get rid of the boring wrestle but the stats need to be available. Players and coaches need to be able to train to avoid the six agains. Fans need to be able to understand them.
Just seems dodgy not to make this transparent. Call it restarts or something and note them.

If the ball runner finds his front the ref will never call dominant, which can happen even when a defender llike Jake cuts someone in half.

One of the things the roosters are doing very well under the new rules is compressing the defensive line quickly after conceding a quick ptb, knowing the push up the middle is coming. They gang tackle the next runner and mitigate their losses. This is something that suits our defensive style and I'd love to see more of.
The ref will and he does, have seen several players fall to their front after ambling up to draw the defence North and try the "drop" which is similar to a touch footy move....every time has allowed extra time for the defender, as he should.
If the ball runner wins the contest and rolls the defender in contact, finding his front, the quick play ball is deserved and given.
The dominant 1 on 1 tackle that should be given to the defender, who Wins the contact like a Jake or Radley tackle, driving the runner backwards/sideways....it still gives that element of old school hits in a game that's gone up 30% in tempo...meaning there are rewards for great tackles, not just advantageous to the attack.

This is what Des was more concerned about straight after the game rather than the ' forward pass. Think it was the same sort of count last week. This is another way that refs can influence a game with discretionary decisions. The penalty against Marty early also shows how one on one tackles are penalised. Needs to be a call for these type of tackles allowing the tackler time to get to marker before the play the ball. Would reward one on one tackles rather than penalise them.
Yeah that pissed me off too. It was a great legs tackle from a big man on a much faster man in the middle (Moses). It should be rewarded like a surrender tackle. I could understand if Marty went for the second grab, but he didn’t. He released him straight away. No recognition of a great one on one legs tackle, instead he gets penalised.
Also @Shane4500 , don’t apologise for your question mate. It is one that has many of us bamboozled. We need some clarity around it from officials, and commentators (although I think they too are trying to work it out as well).
They seemed to have tinkered with the artificial crowd noise, and they now are blending in the sound of the hits and on field talk, with an ebb and flow from the crowd track. So, hopefully they tinker away with the 6 again rule. Because overall I like it. I like how there’s a lot less wrestle. No surprise Melbourne are struggling, and the Knights were able to counteract the Raiders wrestle.
And speaking of changes, and technology. I put forward the question, why can’t Fox/Nine give you an option button to mute commentators that you dislike listening too? Blocker Roach commentated in three games.His comments are Captain obvious stuff. He shiits me too tears. But the other commentators I was happy with. I’m sure there is plenty of you out there who have a commentator(s), that have the same effect on you. The stations could set up some sort of algorithm that would then give them clear stats on who they need to punt at the end of their contract. (Still can’t believe they punted Andy Raymond, and kept Corey Parker as their sideline man. Andy had a great repore with players, and a good sense of humour).@:cry:
Ok Rant(s) finished.

Agreed, susan, that wrestling was killing the game. And I'm happy for the rule change to remain, but there needs to be some transparency around it, doesn't there? I mean, 9 restarts to 2? The Eels were all over us in the ruck and were spoken to but not penalised in any way. Yet before our boys could blink, it was 6 again. Fatigue definitely becomes a factor that way, but only for one team.

Agree Ron. But I think we cop the raw end of it anyway even under the old rules but yes this new rule promotes fatigue quicker. I honestly think a lot of the refs are doing it well. Cummings and the dwarf we have this week are the worst. If we can get a break and avoid those two it might get better.

Yeah that pissed me off too. It was a great legs tackle from a big man on a much faster man in the middle (Moses). It should be rewarded like a surrender tackle. I could understand if Marty went for the second grab, but he didn’t. He released him straight away. No recognition of a great one on one legs tackle, instead he gets penalised.
Also @Shane4500 , don’t apologise for your question mate. It is one that has many of us bamboozled. We need some clarity around it from officials, and commentators (although I think they too are trying to work it out as well).
They seemed to have tinkered with the artificial crowd noise, and they now are blending in the sound of the hits and on field talk, with an ebb and flow from the crowd track. So, hopefully they tinker away with the 6 again rule. Because overall I like it. I like how there’s a lot less wrestle. No surprise Melbourne are struggling, and the Knights were able to counteract the Raiders wrestle.
And speaking of changes, and technology. I put forward the question, why can’t Fox/Nine give you an option button to mute commentators that you dislike listening too? Blocker Roach commentated in three games.His comments are Captain obvious stuff. He shiits me too tears. But the other commentators I was happy with. I’m sure there is plenty of you out there who have a commentator(s), that have the same effect on you. The stations could set up some sort of algorithm that would then give them clear stats on who they need to punt at the end of their contract. (Still can’t believe they punted Andy Raymond, and kept Corey Parker as their sideline man. Andy had a great repore with players, and a good sense of humour).@:cry:
Ok Rant(s) finished.

Blocker annoyed the hell out if me big time the night.
He was salivating over the Eels and especially his mates nephew, Moses.
All night he was crapping on about how good they were and The Dalai as finally reaping the rewards.
:triumph:

Have a look at the identical run of 6 again sets that Parra got in their match against Brisbane 1st half 37:50 mark Parra get 3 six again calls. The first one is Parra coming out of their own end they get to tackle 4 and the ref calls 6 again the 3 tackles previous were fairly standard, they were very subjective. I could probably show another 60 tackles where Parra did the same and got nothing. Parra are very good at milking and exaggerating the hold by flapping around like big mouth billy bass.

The big leg up for Parra comes because once a team gets a few 6 again calls against them especially in a row so early on, the defensive team completely loses their rhythm and become gun shy and start to jump off them way to quick which gives the attackers (Parra) a huge momentum shift and has the defence out of gas and constantly retreating because of extremely quick play the balls. This amount of gas being burned off in the early exchanges can effect the defensive teams fitness for the rest of the match which will lead to these lop sided score lines. It is massive that we were able to technically win that match after doing so much defence early on.

I reckon the tactic to stop these teams getting a massive role on is to really hold them down longer if you hear that buzzer and force the Ref to properly penalise to stop the momentum shift. Players are sh-tting themselves when they hear that buzzer and jumping off quickly and the worst thing is that the buzzer usually happens because of the tackle before hand not the tackle that is happening while the buzzer goes off. It is an absolute head Fxxk for players.

Parra have been gifted a dream rails run this year with basically every game at home and if these first games with the lop sided 6 again counts are anything to go by I think we can see the NRL doing everything to help them get their time in the sun winning over the west.

Really good point. I'm not sure the stats are kept anywhere. They should be recorded as penalties, or at least recorded as set restarts.
To my mind, the lack of transparency and discussion around this rule change is kind of mind boggling. It's a major change to the game and nobody wants it to be analysed or evaluated in the slightest. Yes, it speeds the game up and presumably makes the Channel 9 guy happy, but it's only increased the potential for a referee to unfairly impact a game. Seriously, I rarely have any idea why a "6 again" has been called and I'm pretty sure the players don't either. And there's no consistency at all.
But as I said, it seems like it's taboo to even discuss it. Unless you want to say how great it is, in which case you're more than welcome to join the chorus.
yes it seems to be a hidden stat but is really now impacting on the game - would just be good to know

I think it’s not a matter of how great it is that is drawing the chorus. It’s simply the fact that everyone has had it up to the eyeballs with

-wrestling destroying the game

-the boring ,repetitive 3 rucks , two block plays , kick to winger rubbish that comes from slow rucks and set defences.

- athletes masquerading as footballers

I think most fans will put up with a few negatives that you rightly point out to get the little men back in the play, no wrestle and fatigue playing a part.Ie. Footballers deciding the game, not robots.

It is so obvious the teams this year playing the old block play routine are getting flogged.The Roosters are working both sides in a set to stretch defences with long balls from dummy half to fast direct forwards ,quick play the balls and numbers flooding down the middle late in the count as blokes tire. Tedesco loves it. Far better to watch if done well.
Oh I agree - I hate wrestling BUT I really want to know if we are getting a fair rub of the green with the 6 again calls - I just didn't think on Saturday night we did

I have concerns about these stats not being documented or rated as official. I agree it's great to get rid of the boring wrestle but the stats need to be available. Players and coaches need to be able to train to avoid the six agains. Fans need to be able to understand them.
Just seems dodgy not to make this transparent. Call it restarts or something and note them.
agreed totally

The ref will and he does, have seen several players fall to their front after ambling up to draw the defence North and try the "drop" which is similar to a touch footy move....every time has allowed extra time for the defender, as he should.
If the ball runner wins the contest and rolls the defender in contact, finding his front, the quick play ball is deserved and given.
The dominant 1 on 1 tackle that should be given to the defender, who Wins the contact like a Jake or Radley tackle, driving the runner backwards/sideways....it still gives that element of old school hits in a game that's gone up 30% in tempo...meaning there are rewards for great tackles, not just advantageous to the attack.
Yes - a punishing defender like Jake needs to be rewarded with extra time to get up and back to marker - we need to bring the one on one defenders back into the game. Great seeing a defender going low to smash the ball carrier. Jake and Radley prove it can still be done very easily even with the size of giants today. BUT they need to be rewarded for doing that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2