• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi all - sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong place - not sure I have ever started a thread before. But in any case accept my apology if I have erred but does anyone have any stats on the number of 6 again calls for ruck infringements for both us and Parra on Saturday night? Just wondering because it seemed Parra certainly had more - maybe I missed some of ours but there seemed to be decidely more going to Parra. This is now an important stat but I can't find anywhere where these stats are kept. Thank you

Really good point. I'm not sure the stats are kept anywhere. They should be recorded as penalties, or at least recorded as set restarts.
To my mind, the lack of transparency and discussion around this rule change is kind of mind boggling. It's a major change to the game and nobody wants it to be analysed or evaluated in the slightest. Yes, it speeds the game up and presumably makes the Channel 9 guy happy, but it's only increased the potential for a referee to unfairly impact a game. Seriously, I rarely have any idea why a "6 again" has been called and I'm pretty sure the players don't either. And there's no consistency at all.
But as I said, it seems like it's taboo to even discuss it. Unless you want to say how great it is, in which case you're more than welcome to join the chorus.

I think it’s not a matter of how great it is that is drawing the chorus. It’s simply the fact that everyone has had it up to the eyeballs with

-wrestling destroying the game

-the boring ,repetitive 3 rucks , two block plays , kick to winger rubbish that comes from slow rucks and set defences.

- athletes masquerading as footballers

I think most fans will put up with a few negatives that you rightly point out to get the little men back in the play, no wrestle and fatigue playing a part.Ie. Footballers deciding the game, not robots.

It is so obvious the teams this year playing the old block play routine are getting flogged.The Roosters are working both sides in a set to stretch defences with long balls from dummy half to fast direct forwards ,quick play the balls and numbers flooding down the middle late in the count as blokes tire. Tedesco loves it. Far better to watch if done well.

Last edited:
I think it’s not a matter of how great it is that is drawing the chorus. It’s simply the fact that everyone has had it up to the eyeballs with

-wrestling destroying the game

-the boring ,repetitive 3 rucks , two block plays , kick to winger rubbish that comes from slow rucks and set defences.

- athletes masquerading as footballers

I think most fans will put up with a few negatives that you rightly point out to get the little men back in the play, no wrestle and fatigue playing a part.Ie. Footballers deciding the game, not robots.

Agreed, susan, that wrestling was killing the game. And I'm happy for the rule change to remain, but there needs to be some transparency around it, doesn't there? I mean, 9 restarts to 2? The Eels were all over us in the ruck and were spoken to but not penalised in any way. Yet before our boys could blink, it was 6 again. Fatigue definitely becomes a factor that way, but only for one team.

If the stats are not there , its a reason. Maybe we should allocate games to anyone interested. Go back over all the games and collate.

Also which tackle offence occurs and the time

Many hands make light work
Bet the betting agencies have it , but i gamble responsibly because its cool. It says it on the tele

I thought there were more
It might be wrong as they have listed restarts at the 20. 2_2 as well, so maybe a typo

Ive just checked my paper sorry the number was 7-2.

I don’t think Fox picked up every single one as they’d didn’t reset on the screen but I was watching intently as I knew this question would come up.

Agreed, susan, that wrestling was killing the game. And I'm happy for the rule change to remain, but there needs to be some transparency around it, doesn't there? I mean, 9 restarts to 2? The Eels were all over us in the ruck and were spoken to but not penalised in any way. Yet before our boys could blink, it was 6 again. Fatigue definitely becomes a factor that way, but only for one team.
i thought it was a bit lobbed sided, but generally the refs were not too bad, it was a pretty good game, a game we should of won except for that howler call at the end. I like the rule change, if manly get on the right end of those 6 again calls we look unstoppable

Better game management from the halves with some 5 tackle kicks finding the in goal for repeat sets and a little less errors and we look a very good footy side.

This is what Des was more concerned about straight after the game rather than the ' forward pass. Think it was the same sort of count last week. This is another way that refs can influence a game with discretionary decisions. The penalty against Marty early also shows how one on one tackles are penalised. Needs to be a call for these type of tackles allowing the tackler time to get to marker before the play the ball. Would reward one on one tackles rather than penalise them.

i thought it was a bit lobbed sided, but generally the refs were not too bad, it was a pretty good game, a game we should of won except for that howler call at the end. I like the rule change, if manly get on the right end of those 6 again calls we look unstoppable

Better game management from the halves with some 5 tackle kicks finding the in goal for repeat sets and a little less errors and we look a very good footy side.
Totally agree but I believe you mean lopsided.

This is what Des was more concerned about straight after the game rather than the ' forward pass. Think it was the same sort of count last week. This is another way that refs can influence a game with discretionary decisions. The penalty against Marty early also shows how one on one tackles are penalised. Needs to be a call for these type of tackles allowing the tackler time to get to marker before the play the ball. Would reward one on one tackles rather than penalise them.
Yep, 1 on 1 tackles can still be advantageous as long as the team recognises it's happening and has 2 players ready to go into marker and the tackler rolls away and gets ready for the following tackle.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6