6 again rule. I haven’t the foggiest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
6 again rule has led to some lopsided results and more importantly, boring television.

However, it has value I think in making the game faster and more exciting. But too much, like in the storm game, kills.

So I don’t know what the answer is. Maybe limit it it have a higher threshold. In some ways though it’s worse than a penalty and a set restart as it punishes the defending team for being on the back foot by making them even more so...

The rules goes as follows:

If you have a purple jumper you will receive 4 restarts a half.

A red white and blue or blue and gold jumper is only 3 a half but a vital stages to assist you.

Red and green and brown jumpers will each receive the first four restarts per match.

The rest will get one each with 40 seconds remaining in the first half. And Sweet FA after that.

Why does the game have to get faster & faster each year, why do we need to have so many points scored - we are not playing basketball , we are supposed to be playing Rugby League the best contact sport in

.....the world. The 6 again restart rule has killed the game for the purist RL fan who want a close contest with big hits, actual football skill. I don’t want to watch touch footy and that’s where we are heading with these ridiculous rule changes !!!!!

.....the world. The 6 again restart rule has killed the game for the purist RL fan who want a close contest with big hits, actual football skill. I don’t want to watch touch footy and that’s where we are heading with these ridiculous rule changes !!!!!

Heading?
We are already there.

Don’t like the rule , It’s to inconsistent , Just give the penalty ,A team will give away a restart on tackle 1 to get there Defence set a penalty would result in a kick downfield giving up field position
A restart near the opposing try line can stop a team from having a penalty kick for goal putting them in front instead they play on could possibly get no points game gone
They say its to speed up the game , then have a 5 min break while trying to work out a captains challenge

The idea behind the rules are great, as helps the game flow and is designed to both make the game a better spectacle and reduce the teams who defensively stifle the attackers momentum.
Totally agree we have been shafted and the referee has very inconsistent calls that have burn't manly in most games...at vital times.
I do however have the opinion that Manly do not apply pressure on the referee's very well, as say other Top sides...even NZ of late, struggle in the tackle to win the ground war and find feet to play the ball quickly, manly players even after a powerful charge, kind of lay limp looking at the ref and calling for a penalty. The fact we are not fighting in this area not only reduces the chance of "Winning" a penaly, but reflects on the players looking for a way out, rather than fighting for a way out.
yes, i understand what you mean. the refs think we are trying too hard to earn their call for 6 again, whereas other teams do not look at the ref and just get on with it. This actually will earn you more sympathy from the ref.

Why does the game have to get faster & faster each year, why do we need to have so many points scored - we are not playing basketball , we are supposed to be playing Rugby League the best contact sport in
exactly, the way its going, we will soon be recruiting guys from the AIS. Its becoming like athletics. May be we can recruit Usain bolt. Get that into ya JAC & Pappenhuasen. @:D

Should result in ONE extra tackle only. Not six.

A smart dummy half will hear the ref call 6again. Knock on and the ref has to award a penalty. Kick to touch, gain distance AND get a six tackle set.

Great thread. I have hated this rule since its induction. It's completely subjective and the refs have nothing to answer for because it's not an officially recorded statistic.
I've wondered many times if Manly was up the top of the ladder and heading for the Covid Premiership would I like the new rule?
Due to one-eyedness probably yes. All the top 8 teams and fans probably love it and are just thinking suck it up and it's something everyone has to adapt to. That's all well and good but blowout score lines do not indicate a good competition. Last week 7 out of 8 games had a 13+ scoreline with 5 blowouts. There's been an absolutely ridiculous amount of blowout score lines this season.
Also, some refs blow them heaps and others barely any. There is no accountability. I just hate it.
I just hope the NRL are looking into these lopsided score lines and look at amending this for next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8