• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
If we were to beat the Tigers this Friday we would be 8 points ahead of the 5th placed side and our for and against is superior to most.

Sucked in to the eels - a loss at home and Burt (goalkicker) looks gone for the long term. :dance:

I'm not sure what injury burt had.

FOX originally said he dislocated his knee, which is pretty bad.

Then they said it was the kneecap. I have done my knee cap and he won't be out too long if thats the case. Maybe just a month.

Lets hope its the whole hog and the knee is shot, ligaments torn all over the place.... :blaugh:

Judging by the morphine puffer and Haynes reaction its the whole knee that went.

[quote author=Stuey Davis Socks]
Except when you need them to get up for a perfect round :twisted:

Yeah, same here. :wall:
[/quote]

and here- had $5 on to pay about $87 picking all the favourites. I did the same with the AFL and that was paying round $130

I'm not sure what injury burt had.

FOX originally said he dislocated his knee, which is pretty bad.

Then they said it was the kneecap. I have done my knee cap and he won't be out too long if thats the case. Maybe just a month.

Lets hope its the whole hog and the knee is shot, ligaments torn all over the place.... :blaugh:

Judging by the morphine puffer and Haynes reaction its the whole knee that went.

Horan dislocated his knee cap in the Super 10 final 0f 1994 (?) and it took a heap of ligaments with it.

I understand people's reactions to bad luck for other clubs but as an ex-footy player I can wish for bad news for injured players no matter who they play for. I hate Parra but have nothing against Burt who seems a decent sort of player.

My attitude is that I want Manly to beat the best of the best rather than have to rely on injury or mishap to get the job done.
'

CW, what 2 players were missing from the 2005 grand fnial winning team??

I have no idea either, if Manly wins this comp in 12 months nobody will remember who played, just who won..

I am not trying to be holier than thou - I just can't wish for misfortune on others. If it happens :lol: but we will have our ups and downs as well.

Basically 'sucked in Eels' but best of luck to the individual player!!

I understand people's reactions to bad luck for other clubs but as an ex-footy player I can wish for bad news for injured players no matter who they play for. I hate Parra but have nothing against Burt who seems a decent sort of player.

My attitude is that I want Manly to beat the best of the best rather than have to rely on injury or mishap to get the job done.
'

But when Fitzgerald called for Manly's and Souths expulsion from the competition, meaning many lives are displaced, jobs are lost, players potentially losing a career etc etc...it's ok.

You hero worship players Dave.

Do you think Fui Fui had concerns for Brent Kite when he almost bludgeoned his head off? Then again, has he learnt from the experience?

It's dog eat dog in this game now Canteen. Your romantic notions about the game are a thing of the past.

If we were to play Nth Qld in a semi, and J Thurston was taken out the game before us...would Des be dissapointed, and feel sorry for the bloke?

Luke Burt subtly punched Orford in the face at the SCG, and Mark Bryant I think it was saw it, and almost got up swinging haymakers......he's a bum. See ya to him. I hope the swine doesn't get another run this year.

A mate of mine went to school with him, and said he was the sleeziest guy he knew.

He'd be the kind of guy that say it were Brett Stewart in his positiion, and Burt was the tackler....Burt would here a crunch, then think....twist more !!!

I had $20 on the knights at 4.15 last night so I was happy.

Was tempted to take them 13+ at 9/1 but just couldnt see it happening.

I am puzzled.

As much as I am a manly fan (who hates all other team equally…) I would not wish a serious injury on any player, regardless of their past actions.

How anyone could want that is beyond me

I am puzzled.

As much as I am a manly fan (who hates all other team equally…) I would not wish a serious injury on any player, regardless of their past actions.

How anyone could want that is beyond me
My point exactly. I actually played the game and did hurt other players but never wished misfortune on them - there were lots of tools but for Ryan to claim 'romantic notions' is a joke.

Injuries are a part of the game but I don't get any satisfaction from the bad luck of others. I hate the Dogs but get no happiness from Kane Cleal's jaw. I am more angry that Ross will only get three weeks for a hit that will cost Cleal $50 k.

so if he hit Wille Mason who is not on bonuses it would have been ok.

I agree with the not wanting to see players injured thought, but the monetary side of it is irrelevant.

Thats like saying a swinging arm that breaks someones nose should be worthy of a longer suspension than one that just hits someone in the head, they are both illegal and should be treated the same.

That is not to say i am not sorry for Crusher Jr's predicament.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2