5 Positives Points!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

abnc

Reserve Grader
Des can go and take as many coaching staff, recruiters and players as he wants, but there is one thing that he can’t take, and that’s the soul of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

With all the doom and gloom that has been on here during the last week, here are 5 positive points that i have come up with because of Des leaving.

Point 1 – Press conferences
With Des gone, we can actually start to somewhat enjoy press conferences again. Over the last couple of years i don’t even bother with them anymore. Des is too predictable. Question, deflection, under the radar, how good is the other team... blah blah. Plenty on here have complained that we don’t get enough exposure with Des, well now that will all change. With the potential for Toovey, or even Ricky to be at the helm, how good will press conferences be in the future. For many years i have watched with envy as rival coaches have put in Emmy winning performances in the press conferences. Tim Sheen isn’t afraid to speak his mind, and come to press conferences with those famous 9 o’clock shadows. And who can go past Matty Elliot with some of the best ever press conferences in history after he apparently lost his mind at the Panthers. With Toovey we will get an improvement (based on his showing in the NRL on FOX program during the finals series). And if we go with Ricky, well, we are bound to get some cracking press conferences during the year. I mean seriously, sometimes you just have no idea what will be coming out of that man’s mouth. At least it will have us on the edge of our seats!

Point 2 – The board
With Des gone, so too apparently will the board be gone at the Leagues, and even the Football club. It will give supporters the impetus to elect a new, fresh board at the next elections. This will give the new coach and club a fresh start to start the re-building faze again.

Point 3 – That head of hair
I mean seriously, watching Des talk can be hypnotic at times. Why else is it that Des gets away with saying less to the press then a mute, deaf man. It’s his hair! Those magnificent locks flowing in the breeze have mesmerised us for years. I have seen many times Journalists’ simply staring at Des, nodding with blank looks on their faces. Well with Toovey or Ricky, we will finally be snapped out of the daze and can now concentrate on the interviews.

Point 4 – The Soul of Manly
No coach, player, or even the people in charge are above the Football Club. We all have to remember that. I don’t care who you are, you are always replaceable. As long as the club can start to be financial, and our long term future is secured, we are right. No player, coach or staff member lasts, or stays, forever. We’ll survive just like we have for the last 60 years. Through ups and downs we are still here, and i believe that we will be here for another 60 years to come.

Point 5 – The 5 year plan
Just like when Des arrived like a Knight in shining armour, so too will the next coach. The 5 year plan will aim to have us back at the peak of our powers within 5 years. Why 5 years you ask? Well with players bound to be either squeezed out due to salary cap issues, or the Des factor, 5 years is a good time-frame to build the club back to the top, just like Des did. How good would that be? Another Premiership by 2016!!

Ricky Stuart is a **** coach, if you really want to see the place fold sign him up.

FFS, The only Rick I would like to see coaching us is Rick Stone, but having said that he'd been on the end of a long queue of ex-manly players such as Tooves, Cliffy and co.

Why on earth does anyone think they would want Ricky Stuart or Rick Stone?

They have a coach waiting in the wings taht won't cost an arm and leg. His name is Geoff Toovey, the man whose voice was stolen by Darren Lockyer.

Cop this:

Manly's 8 premiership teams were all coached to victory by ex-Manly players.

Manly's 10 runner's up teams were all coached by ex-Manly players.

Looks like the club has a successful formula in place.

The mosts successful outsider coach was Graham Lowe. He was a good motivator and defensive coach - not much else. Never got closer to a premiership than the second week of the finals under Mr Lowe.

And to get him we lost a potentially great coach in Alan Thompson (coached the Reserve Grade Runner's Up 1987 and Reserve Grade Premiers 1988), again because of the efforts of a bunch of 'gifted amateurs' behind the scenes.

I don't think there is any doubt Tooves will get the job. Then again who knows what could happen - particularly with our current board.

Phantar said:
Why on earth does anyone think they would want Ricky Stuart or Rick Stone?

They have a coach waiting in the wings taht won't cost an arm and leg. His name is Geoff Toovey, the man whose voice was stolen by Darren Lockyer.

Cop this:

Manly's 8 premiership teams were all coached to victory by ex-Manly players.

Manly's 10 runner's up teams were all coached by ex-Manly players.

Looks like the club has a successful formula in place.

The mosts successful outsider coach was Graham Lowe. He was a good motivator and defensive coach - not much else. Never got closer to a premiership than the second week of the finals under Mr Lowe.

And to get him we lost a potentially great coach in Alan Thompson (coached the Reserve Grade Runner's Up 1987 and Reserve Grade Premiers 1988), again because of the efforts of a bunch of 'gifted amateurs' behind the scenes.

I don't want Rick Stone if you read my post again you'll see that I said he'd be at the back of a long queue. I want someone like Tooves or Cliffy or someone from within. I was simply saying that even Rick Stone is a better coach than Stuart.

I must be the only one that thinks that Stuart mightn't be too bad. I don't think that there is much difference between between his style and Hasler's. He can certainly command loyalty from his players. If there is a doubt about his coaching ability, give him a a few assistants. If he continues to coach NSW then we may lose a player or two but we will gain a few as well. T-Rex wants to play origin so he will not go anywhere same for a player like Lussick.

No coach that has won a premiership at Manly (in the NSWRL, ARL)has led a side to a premiership after leaving Manly (in the top grade) in the nswrl or ARL

Stats don't lie

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7