5 players from Orange signed

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Barrow given second chance
By OLIVER MURRAY
Friday, 21 October 2005

RUGBY LEAGUE

INJURY hampered his first stint in Sydney, now Western Division centre Todd Barrow is grateful for another shot.

Barrow becomes the fifth Orange Hawks player to link with NRL club the Manly Sea Eagles for next season.

The 20-year-old played two seasons of Jersey Flegg with the Balmain Tigers in 2003-04 before an ankle injury ruled him out for 13 weeks.

Barrow struggled to retain his place in the Tigers side after the injury and returned to Orange thinking his dream of playing in the NRL was over.

Now the CYMS junior wants to make the most of his second chance.

"I didn't think I'd get another chance," Barrow said. "(Manly) have really done me a favour, so I want to make the most of it."

Barrow and Hawks team-mate James Mortimer will train with Manly's top squad during pre-season, but hope to secure a place in premier league.

Barrow played in the centres and on the wing while at the Tigers, but has been signed by the Sea Eagles as a back-rower.

"It's a bit different because I'd never played second row before," Barrow said. "This has been what I've always wanted to do."

After returning to Orange midway through last year, Barrow represented Group 10 and Western Division this season.

The goalkicking ace was also the leading point-scorer in Group 10 with 192 points, which included 16 tries.

Barrow and halfback Mortimer played in a Jersey Flegg trial for the Sea Eagles earlier this month, where they impressed recruitment officer Noel 'Crusher' Cleal.

The Group 10 pair join James' brother Tim Mortimer and Josh Nixon, who will play Jersey Flegg, and Brooke Nickson (SG Ball) at the Sea Eagles.

photo http://orange.yourguide.com.au/images/story/thumbnails/432936.jpg

Source: http://orange.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=local&category=general%20sport&story_id=432936&y=2005&m=10
_

Thanks to Sue for the info

The Hawks didn't have a flash year this year I don't think?

Bubba Kennedy was the other Western Division Centre this year. He had a short stint with the tigers in the mid 1990s and looks as though he's swallowed a cow.

The Hawks didn't have a flash year this year I don't think?

Bubba Kennedy was the other Western Division Centre this year. He had a short stint with the tigers in the mid 1990s and looks as though he's swallowed a cow.

They didnt do too bad won 9 and lost 8 & 1 draw in 4th place

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2