• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The thing letting Hastings down will be his reggies form last year ... he just didn't impress. But, he has FG talent and I believe trial form will be 90% of the decision for Baz.
Reggie’s form last year may not matter too much. For example TB picked Lane to come up from reserves last year when he was hardly setting the world on fire. Lane’s game improved significantly in the firsts.

Maybe Hastings was also playing down to the level of the opposition in reserves and needs the extra challenge of FG to shine. Who knows?!

Reggie’s form last year may not matter too much. For example TB picked Lane to come up from reserves last year when he was hardly setting the world on fire. Lane’s game improved significantly in the firsts.

Maybe Hastings was also playing down to the level of the opposition in reserves and needs the extra challenge of FG to shine. Who knows?!

Agree, it is, as you say, not unusual for players to either play down to or up to those around them .... good players make others look good to .....

I am not emotionally invested in who gets the nod .... to me it is a case of cometh the hour, cometh the man. and may the best man win.

I would be more inclined to go with Woodsie's take if Siro has been doing some 5 / Siro 8 drills at training but more pertinent to the consideration of the approaching season 's bench make up . If Siro is regarded as capable of playing or covering 5/8 in the advent of any game injuries , there could be then an all big forward bench line up for example and also while it would seem relatively easy for Thomo or Frank to cover the centre position , 5 / 8 duties would no doubt require a bit more specialized training input .

He played half i think .
He did play half that Friday night , also played some 5/8 for the Manly - Sunny coast feeder club in 2010 . Not sure how he will go in the future , but again i am pleased the Manly got some really good value from T Rex during quite a bit of his time as a Sea Eagle

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d7ba8da83?sv=6af316c7e9a266c39b1d7e106dae1e18

TONY Williams put his hand up for more NRL action after his role in Sunshine Coast's 32-18 win over Northern Pride in the Queensland Cup grand final.
Williams, 20, scored a try and had a hand in several others as Sunshine Coast defied the odds to claim the premiership in their maiden season under the coaching of Brandon Costin.

Named in the inaugural Toyota Cup (under-20s) team of the year in 2008, 114kg Williams is best known as a winger or centre, but was switched to five-eighth for the grand final.

"We moved him to get more involved," Sunshine Coast coaching director Dennis Moore said yesterday. "He is inclined to drift in and out of the game, mentally and physically, when he is out wide.

"He had a great time and so did the crowd. Every time he got the ball you could hear the fans laughing because they knew someone was about to get swatted.

"The way he carries the football if you follow him and he gets it to you, you're going to be in space more times than not."

Moore said it was a great team effort but he could not argue with the choice of Williams for the medal, named after Queensland Prop of the Century Duncan Hall, who was on hand for the presentation.

Williams made his NRL debut in 2008 and played 12 top grade games this season.

Manly provided nine players for the Sunshine Coast including interchange forward Heath L'Estrange, who was 18th man for the team which lost 40-12 to the Storm in Melbourne on Friday.

I still say that I think Hastings will shine in a spine that is DCE, Api, Tom and Jake.

Time will tell though.
I agree. I liked what I saw when he debuted with roosters - and didn't mind him off our bench either. I can see him either stepping up enormously this year!

Last edited:
I agree. I liked what I saw when he debuted with roosters - and didn't mind him off our bench either. I can see him either stepping up enormously this year!

And when you look at our spine compared to the Chooks at that stage, it was chalk and cheese. Hastings as a rookie had (for the most part) a rookie fullback in Latrell Mitchell (who later proved to be a better centre), rookie halves Ryan Matterson and Jayden Nikorima (plus 2nd rower Aiden Guerra for 2 games). The only established player they had was Jake Friend at hooker. And Hastings the rookie was expected to lead them around.

At least when DCE was a rookie he had the likes of Snake, Gifty, Matty Ballin and Foran with him, plus quality others like Killer, Skivy, Kitey, Choc etc.

And when you look at our spine compared to the Chooks at that stage, it was chalk and cheese. Hastings as a rookie had (for the most part) a rookie fullback in Latrell Mitchell (who later proved to be a better centre), rookie halves Ryan Matterson and Jayden Nikorima (plus 2nd rower Aiden Guerra for 2 games). The only established player they had was Jake Friend at hooker. And Hastings the rookie was expected to lead them around.

At least when DCE was a rookie he had the likes of Snake, Gifty, Matty Ballin and Foran with him, plus quality others like Killer, Skivy, Kitey, Choc etc.

Latrell will be a fullback one day. Too good to waste as a centre.

Latrell will be a fullback one day. Too good to waste as a centre.

It's the only way they can keep him on their books. Playing centre will decrease his value and while they have teddy they won't be rushing him there any time soon. As soon as Latrell moves to fullback his valve will sky rocket

It's the only way they can keep him on their books. Playing centre will decrease his value and while they have teddy they won't be rushing him there any time soon. As soon as Latrell moves to fullback his valve will sky rocket
His foof foof valave

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8