5/8 next week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The question I have is more than just who plays 5/8 next week (likely to be Croker if Walker is still unavailable). The question is ... if both Turbo and Garrick are fit to play as Des said they might be in the post match presser, who misses out? Because if they're available, Des will pick them.

If they both return from injury, who then misses out? The first obvious choice is Miski. But who else? Harper? Funa? Hopoate? Because I can't see Parker being dropped at all.

The question I have is more than just who plays 5/8 next week (likely to be Croker if Walker is still unavailable). The question is ... if both Turbo and Garrick are fit to play as Des said they might be in the post match presser, who misses out? Because if they're available, Des will pick them.

The obvious first choice to drop out would be Miski. But who else? Turbo returning would be at fullback, no question, which would normally I would imagine see Funa going to the wing in place of Miski. But Garrick returning, which you'd assume would be in his normal right wing, would also beg the question of who then does move to the left wing? Funa, or Hopoate??

Like 5/8 with Croker, if AFB is unavailable then I think its obvious Paseka will get the front row start with either Olakau'atu (most likely) or Boyle coming in onto the bench.
Just to see turbo play and back worth going next weekend, we are due for a win at home, have not won since july at home.

Last edited:
Just to see turbo play and back worth going next weekend, we are due for a win at home, have not won since june at home.

Sad but true stat mate. The Worms are the only side we have beaten at Brookie in 2020. We are 1-6 at home.

15 March, Rd 1: Melbourne - lost
5 July, Rd.8: Newcastle - lost
18 July, Rd.10: Parramatta - won
1 August, Rd.12: Penrith - lost
7 August, Rd.13: New Zealand - lost
5 September, Rd.17: Wests Tigers - lost

Although technically, our wins over the Dogs and Drongos in Gosford were "home" games.

What I would prefer:
Turbo
Hoppa
Funa
Harper
Garrick
Metcalfe
DCE

What Des will pick:
Turbo
Funa
Parker
Harper
Garrick
Croker
DCE

Personally I'd actually prefer it if Walker was passed fit and played 5/8 instead of Croker. But for next week I think that's a long shot.

Here is the other question. With Croker likely to be the 5/8 if Walks is still unavailable ... who plays the #14 role?

Next week's team is going to make very interesting reading on Tuesday afternoon.

Personally I'd actually prefer it if Walker was passed fit and played 5/8 instead of Croker. But for next week I think that's a long shot.

Here is the other question. With Croker likely to be the 5/8 if Walks is still unavailable ... who plays the #14 role?

Next week's team is going to make very interesting reading on Tuesday afternoon.
Metcalf has to play 7 and DCE move to 6. We have had this kid for years and I believe the "new" game suits him to a T....play him now or lose him.
Walker is not a 5/8 and after the injuries he has had, he is probably lost enough speed to not even be a premiership centre.
Cash him in while he is still worth something.

Metcalf has to play 7 and DCE move to 6. We have had this kid for years and I believe the "new" game suits him to a T....play him now or lose him.
Walker is not a 5/8 and after the injuries he has had, he is probably lost enough speed to not even be a premiership centre.
Cash him in while he is still worth something.

Metcalf to half and DCE to 6? Not gonna happen.

Was out at the game tonight with a couple of Dog’s supporters. It was suggested that T-Rex played 5/8 for them in one game under Des.

Wouldn’t that be hilarious if he turned up next week.
I remember that game T. rex went ok and we lost

Sad but true stat mate. The Worms are the only side we have beaten at Brookie in 2020. We are 1-6 at home.

15 March, Rd 1: Melbourne - lost
5 July, Rd.8: Newcastle - lost
18 July, Rd.10: Parramatta - won
1 August, Rd.12: Penrith - lost
7 August, Rd.13: New Zealand - lost
5 September, Rd.17: Wests Tigers - lost

Although technically, our wins over the Dogs and Drongos in Gosford were "home" games.
Fortless Brookvale

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4