30 years as a supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mark your only as old as you feel and as long as they are over 20 and you do not get caught its great ha ha ha

I wish mate I wish....these days it's a lot of looking and dreaming.

Oh well there are some benefits to getting older, money is less of an issue these days and in a few years I can get a Seniors Card...whoo hooo!!

But doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be chasing Scandinavian Backpackers!!

Yes, great thread..... 35 years.

My Father grew up out west, half heartedly following the Magpies like my grand Father. He then got a job in Frenchs Forest and moved all of us to the local area. He says that talking about the Manly games every Monday swayed him to following the Sea Eagles. I was born in Mona Vale hospital a year later and from the age of five, Dad would take me to the Manly games all over Sydney.

I don't have any particular memories of my first Manly game, just lots of memories of Brookvale over the years. Like the old scoreboard that used to stop with 5mins to go and walking past Mal Johnston's Maroon Trans-am in the old car park with the plates "Eagle 1".

I've got two kids who love Manly with as much passion, and in the case of my 10 yr old daughter, even more than me! We all can't wait to get out there on Sunday either, it will be terrific!

Supporter for 38 years and I always tell my mates that you can gauge how successful your team is by how many times they've won the comp in your lifetime.
7 wins = 1 every six years    12 GF's = 1 every 3.5 years
Thats a bloody good strike rate when you factor in the lean years too! ;D

This thread has really surprised me...you'd expect a smattering of "oldies" on here with the bulk to be the younger brigade (given that they live on computers)...but there's more of you old bastards than I thought.

Love the stories from the old days I became a fan in 1963 but in reality didn,t really get into it until maybe 1968-69, and then full on from the early 70's....and really full on from 1972-73 (for obvious reasons).

I just wish I had a few jerseys from the early days....the originals would be worth a few bucks now.

Manly tragic since mid 80's when I was 7-8.Cant remember a specific game,but growing up in the bush we only got to watch whatever televised.Out of all the teams I remember watching in awe at Cliffy weaving magic and Crusher steamrolling.Thanks to those 2 legends I've had some disapointing times.
But bloody hell they're heavily out-numbered by the great times.
Thanks Cliffy and Crusher!!!

Cheers Zambuck. Best day of the year is when we drive up to the Gold Coast to watch Manly play. Might even go the extra distance to the Brisbane games this year. Good to know there will be plenty of us old Manly supporters around!

Since i was born,1982
1st memory is 1987 watching the big one
I had no choice,im happy because i love
them anyway,MANLY Forever

Stopped watching football when the beagles
hit the field,i didnt feel anything for them,i seen
them as weak pathetic fools,death is better than
merging with a pathetic club

Then one day i turn the tv on,2003 or 2004 and
i see MW next to the scoreboard,players running
around in maroon and white,i was hoping it wasnt
just a repeat so i pressed the i button and fell
to my knees and cheered,my cat was unimpressed

I hop online and look it up,thinking it must be some
kind of sick and twisted joke,continued watching
the loss...didnt care we were back,so the next week
i went and watched a game at our graceland,we were
awful......god awful but we were ourselves again

North Coast Eagle you should come and join the MWTS at the away games, we have a real ball and yes it's not full of young guns but a good mixture of the old and the new....love to see you at either Brisbane or the Gold Coast.

My oldest boy is a 3rd generation supporter, dont ask about the youngest. So many fond memories of Cliffy selling dummies.

Shane link said:
Since i was born,1982
1st memory is 1987 watching the big one
I had no choice,im happy because i love
them anyway,MANLY Forever

Stopped watching football when the beagles
hit the field,i didnt feel anything for them,i seen
them as weak pathetic fools,death is better than
merging with a pathetic club

Then one day i turn the tv on,2003 or 2004 and
i see MW next to the scoreboard,players running
around in maroon and white,i was hoping it wasnt
just a repeat so i pressed the i button and fell
to my knees and cheered,my cat was unimpressed

I hop online and look it up,thinking it must be some
kind of sick and twisted joke,continued watching
the loss...didnt care we were back,so the next week
i went and watched a game at our graceland,we were
awful......god awful but we were ourselves again

A story well told Shane.

Christ, you even produced paragraphs and it made some sense. Well done.

I'm coming up to my 44th year being a Manly tragic since 1967. I still have my very first original Pioneer jersey. It’s well worn but considering it’s still in good nic except the bloody thing has shrunk on me :)

My whole family follow Manly and my 75 year young mother  just adores Brett Stewart.

The very first present I gave to my nephews (all 3 of them) as soon as they were popped out was an oversized Manly jersey (so the little terrors could grow into them).

My best experience is all 3 of them now support Manly. Had to work on the youngest one as originally he was a Doggies supporter thanks to his other grandparents. Hallelujah brothers he finally saw the light and I can proudly claim him to support Manly also.

Since 1982 for me, Stopped watching league and and buying the news ltd stuff when we merged, The day i herd we were back i was back would love to catch a game with the mwts go to brokie with the wife and kids 4/5 times a year and on my own when they cant make it Born and bread in Wollongong. 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300883295[/time]

Since 1982 for me, Stopped watching league and and buying the news ltd stuff when we merged, The day i herd we were back i was back would love to catch a game with the mwts go to brokie with the wife and kids 4/5 times a year and on my own when they cant make it Born and bread in Wollongong 

From the F6 link said:
Since 1982 for me, Stopped watching league and and buying the news ltd stuff when we merged, The day i herd we were back i was back would love to catch a game with the mwts go to brokie with the wife and kids 4/5 times a year and on my own when they cant make it Born and bread in Wollongong   

Oops, there goes Kites contract extension.

This weekend i will be making that familiar trip back to brookie
Have a short chat with the guy who limps,always have since he
gave me directions from warringah mall to brookie,but turns up
to what seems like every single game without fail,with his mate
or brother

See the return of the great one,the most electrifying man in
NRL today,join the screaming at referees and the cheering
of manly try after manly try,stand on the hill and watch from
the attacking 20 in both halves,which is a benefit of going solo
and sing along to eagle rock on my way to the bus back to
central and try not to giggle to much at dejected knights fans

Since 73 for me as an 8 year old, was in the crowd at the 76 grand final with a heap of parra supporters, what a great day.

At least i'm older than some of you fellas, i'm hitting 3-0 next week which makes me a Manly fan for just about 30 years.  Being aware of the fact would be 25 or so years

25 years as a Manly supporter for me. My family took me to my first Manly game at Brooky in 1985 when I was 5. I remember sitting on the wooden seats right infront of the old fences with the barbed wire on top, eating 5cent Redskins.
Going to Parramatta stadium with my dad in 1987 or 1988, left on the hill by myself with the crazy Parra supporters and Manly winning 64-12.
The 1987 grand final, watching the big one on TV at my cousins place.
Between 1993-1997 going to nearly every match in the greater Sydney region on the supporters bus with my big f&ck-off Manly flag my mum made. Having some pi$$ed bastards trying to set it on fire one hot afternoon at Campbelltown and the older Manly supports standing up for me and getting into a bit of biffo.
Being at Beavers first game against the Broncos and his last against Melbourne in the 2008 GF.
And too many awesome memories to write about them all!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6