30 June Deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

damiennp90

Bencher
So team.

Have I missed something. No new player announced yet and plenty by other teams.

Are we saving all our money for next year ?

I think Baz mentioned recently he wasn't rushing in to pick up also rans.... not a lot of quality available for pick up.

And Baz said recently that we are going to do some upgrading and retention with some judicious buying.
So I guess we'll retain and just purchase a couple of quality players in key positions.
Sounds good.

While depth is certainly an issue for the playing squad at present, the salary cap balance is probably still a major consideration and a delicate balance as well . Parker , Bainbridge , Jorge and Frank Winterstein are still apparently yet to be resigned and Tom and Jake"s upgrade earlier this year was quite substantial . Also i was just thinking how this present Manly playing group and all things well on the injury front compares with the 2013 squad that made the G F and it would seem to compare quite favorably. Tom - Snake , Wright - Jorge , Lyon - Walker , Matai - Kelly , Uate - Wolfie , Green - Foz, D C E , Jake - Gifty , Choc - Siro , Winterstein - Horo , Marty- Kite , A P I - Ballin , B J . Bench - Hastings - Jamie , Darcy - T Red , A F B - Rose, Perrett - Gower . So every season is different of course and an element of luck is required but if this present playing squad can make the finals and have their beat team available , they will be more then competitive in the final "s play offs.

Probably don't have the cap space to sign anyone particularly interesting. We might get someone small (a la the Raiders signing Knight and Oldfield at the last minute) before the end of the day, with whatever we have left from releasing Myles... but considering Matai and Stewart are still on our books I doubt we have much in the cap at all.

Happy with the squad Manly have at the moment we are a bit sus with depth but I have confidence in the club and the coaching staff that any dramas will be covered.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8