3 NSW stadiums to be used

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shoe1,

Whilst I agree with your categorising 2 of those stadiums with your quote, it’s a bit much for this born and raised Coastie to cop that Gosford is an uncivilised wasteland.:mad:

You’ve got to remember that we’re only separated by the Hawkesbury from the Northern Beaches and we let you Sydneyites(collectively know as “parras” in my youth, as we classified all you lot as bogan westies) across our Southern protective moat on most occasions, as long as you return South ASAP when you’ve completed your visit to Paradise; the views from the stands in Graham Park(as I still call it) when watching the mighty ‘Eagles play are quite spectacular whilst I sit in the stands with heaps of Silvertails.

Central Coast: Isolated, uncivilised wasteland my ar*e.@:cool:
Sorry I was just hamming it up.

From what I am hearing, one of the considerations for the venues is that they are the best looking venues to showcase the game in. Remember that for a few weeks at least, the NRL will literally be the only sporting competition that will be playing. Its a perfect opportunity to expose the NRL to those who might not normally watch rugby league. So, to that end they wanted the games played in more modern venues or at least more modern looking venues.

Yes I heard that, but can’t work out how Campbelltown made the cut

Yeah, been there a-lot; my coz has 2 houses at Little Wobby, one that he rents out, where I’ve enjoyed a few beers, bbq and fishing off the deck; magic, wish I was there now.

Shoe1,

Whilst I agree with your categorising 2 of those stadiums with your quote, it’s a bit much for this born and raised Coastie to cop that Gosford is an uncivilised wasteland.:mad:

You’ve got to remember that we’re only separated by the Hawkesbury from the Northern Beaches and we let you Sydneyites(collectively know as “parras” in my youth, as we classified all you lot as bogan westies) across our Southern protective moat on most occasions, as long as you return South ASAP when you’ve completed your visit to Paradise; the views from the stands in Graham Park(as I still call it) when watching the mighty ‘Eagles play are quite spectacular whilst I sit in the stands with heaps of Silvertails.

Central Coast: Isolated, uncivilised wasteland my ar*e.@:cool:
I think he was joking

Yes I heard that, but can’t work out how Campbelltown made the cut

Beats me, but if they were going to have games in the far west of Sydney, it was either Campbelltown or Penrith. Obviously Campbelltown is considered a bit more remote (less populated) and easier to set up 3-4 teams in.

Personally I don't mind the choice of grounds the NRL has made.

Attachments

• Central Coast Stadium.jpg
    Central Coast Stadium.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Campbelltown Stadium 002.jpg
    Campbelltown Stadium 002.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 12
  • bankwest Stadium 001.png
    bankwest Stadium 001.png
    928.7 KB · Views: 9
Does anybody know where the QLD teams will be playing their home games?

Geography must've been the major concern when they chose the grounds. It's a nice wide spread aimed making travel times fair for everyone while only using 3 grounds. Parra are the big winners but it's pretty fair for everyone else, between Newcastle and Canberra.

Beats me, but if they were going to have games in the far west of Sydney, it was either Campbelltown or Penrith. Obviously Campbelltown is considered a bit more remote (less populated) and easier to set up 3-4 teams in.

Also I think considerations are things like - ease/cost of lockdown per stadium -accessibility/transport with regional airports maybe then coach to the ground - facilities on site like bus parking, warm up areas, meals, security stuff - accommodation if required nearby. Also could be something as insignificant as some Councils may not have been receptive to having NRL teams playing in their neighbourhood.

Geography must've been the major concern when they chose the grounds. It's a nice wide spread aimed making travel times fair for everyone while only using 3 grounds. Parra are the big winners but it's pretty fair for everyone else, between Newcastle and Canberra.
Parra and Tigers should have been sent to one of the other stadium choices like all of the other NSW based teams. Why should they be handed a home ground leg up advantage. If Suncorp is the chosen QLD stadium, then Brisbane will get the leg up advantage too. The rest of the 13 teams are playing away games although we do have a pretty good win record at Gosford.

Parra and Tigers should have been sent to one of the other stadium choices like all of the other NSW based teams. Why should they be handed a home ground leg up advantage. If Suncorp is the chosen QLD stadium, then Brisbane will get the leg up advantage too. The rest of the 13 teams are playing away games although we do have a pretty good win record at Gosford.
With no home crowd the only advantage is the lack of travel. Parra will benefit from this but they do have a shiny new stadium in a very central location so it kinda makes sense. Brisbane will have good weeks but they will be balanced by having long distances to travel on the bad weeks. Manly will do ok, considering they will only have to travel long distances for away games against QLD teams.

With no home crowd the only advantage is the lack of travel.

I believe there is a HUGE advantage to playing your "home" games at home regardless of no supporters being there.
I'm sure our guys would feel a great morale boost from playing at Brookie, just like the Squeels and Donkeys will get from playing at their respective home ground's.

If the Squeel's and Donkey's play ALL their games at home that would have to be worth at least 1, possibly 2 extra wins opposed to all the other teams never playing at home.

Making them play their "away" games elsewhere is a must. Even then they still have the unfair advantage of "home" games at home.

To be fair ALL teams should never play at their traditional home. There is still a bunch of farking amateurs running the game.

Open up CBus and another Sydney ground so no teams play at home.

Don't worry feathered friends Des will have it all worked out with the us against them ,having to play all away games it's all in the mind

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8