3.2mil offer to Cronk from Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
How can a club in a serious financial state be able to afford Cronk?

Last year they signed Myles, Idris and Douglas on big money, now Taylor on 1.2mil and an offer for 3.2mil for Cronk.

Michael Searle was touted as a visionary and a possible replacement for Gallop down the track.

How can they possibly fit all those players including what they have already and stay under the cap? If the off-field financial situation anything to go by why would players risk signing with them?

The NRL has been giving this mob handouts and what do they do, they go around offering big money to any big names off contract.

I think if Cooper reads the small print in the contract he will find that the offer was actually in Zimbabwean dollars which would make it about 7 bucks Australian.

I hope Slater doesnt come off contract, they'd offer him $10 million, and the Storm would better it.

Oh I forgot they won't want him because they have signed the mercurial William Zillman for 5 more years. And they wonder whats wrong with their team.

Searle knows he has Gallop and the "IC' over a barrel. They have stated many times that they are committed to a team in that area, ergo millions will be thrown away at the Tits. The same was done at the Storm.
'Centre of Excellence? In Queensland? That's an Oxymoron to say the least.

I was surprised by where the titans are getting all this money from too. They seem to have this endless supply of money, yet are $25m in debt (i realise the actual footy club isnt broke, but its all connected).

From what i read today, storm have basically conceded defeat. The problem is they might throw stupid dollars at fozza.

I cringe to think of fozza not in the maroon and white. But it wil be twice as worse if he puts on white/blue or purple.

Does anyone think Cronk is worth that much? Good player but 3.2 mill worth?

Cronk wont be anywhere near the player he is now without Slater and Smith. Rediculous figures quite laughable considering they are effectively bankrupt.

Eagles2nv said:
I was surprised by where the titans are getting all this money from too. They seem to have this endless supply of money, yet are $25m in debt (i realise the actual footy club isnt broke, but its all connected).

It might be connected but only to the extent of the corporations law. The footy operations are separate to the property arm that owns the dead weight that is the "Excellent Centre, lol" (ECL)

The issue of player payments & where the Titans can make future years salary cap compliances might as well be scripted on the moon surface in comparison to where the ECL assett ends up.

Foran could play half comfortably and does so for NZ. Should cronk sign with titans the storm will throw massive dollars at foran

Yep I see see Foran leaving for Storm as being a real threat IF Cronk goes - they would have the cash ( they always do ) and the lure of Bellamy would be strong . So I am cheering for the Storm to retain Cronk. At least thats 1 potential predator out of the way...but still that other big vulture across town circling though.

Bellamy would keep Foran's career and the forefront when it comes to representative footy. Melbourne exude what Foran brings to the table, and would be a perfect fit.

I'd hate it, but we lose players all the time. I just have apathy now. That, and I'm in a filthy rotten ugly mood.

Ryan said:
Bellamy would keep Foran's career and the forefront when it comes to representative footy. Melbourne exude what Foran brings to the table, and would be a perfect fit.

I'd hate it, but we lose players all the time. I just have apathy now. That, and I'm in a filthy rotten ugly mood.

I disagree, Foran wouldn't be s good fit at all......Foran is a thoroughly decent human being and only filthy scum play for the purple pricks.

It is a massive offer in relation to the size of one club's cap. It makes Mr 14% almost seem reasonable.

As they say in business - you can sell/buy anything at any price when you have no intention of delivering/paying.

I dont reckon any of this cronk talk is real. Love them or hate them Melbourne are very insular and loyal. If cronk is signing anywhere i believe it would be done with stealth and limited fan fare. He would then tell bellamy and the team and then its released

This is just another beat up to get him more cash at the storm. Melbourne are fully aware of what happens if they pay overs and are probably trying to secure him for less than market value using the loyalty card

Cronk has called a press conference for tomorrow morning, the tip is to announce he will not be at Melbourne next season

We are in for a fight here with Foran i think

Kiwi Eagle said:
Cronk has called a press conference for tomorrow morning, the tip is to announce he will not be at Melbourne next season

We are in for a fight here with Foran i think

Oh don't say that but you are right he has been very quiet lately hasn't he.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6