3, 2, 1 v Sharks [Round 6 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I went:

3 Jorge. He made a really impressive return. Scored a try, made an intercept and was showed alot of aggression.
2 Skivvy. Again a soild performance
1 Hiku. Got the ball rolling on the first try, and was dependable at back.

Fluffy said:
I must have watched a different game to many as Lawrence was outshone by Starling big time imo in attack. BJ made a few good runs but i would think Starling made twice as many.

Might have been the different view I got live compared to the tv

I cant help but think Starling is a plodder. I mean his heart is in the right place. It may be because of his age and therefore size, but he doesn't seem to try to pump through the line as much.

Sunday was the first time where he made a few runs where he actually did try to

Disco said:
globaleagle said:
I noticed taufua getting some points.

I wonder what a lot of people would say on here if wolfie got run down by a prop, over- ran three passes which if caught gave him a shot at the tryline....oh and two knock ons.

Actually...I don't wonder at all.

edit:

3 - matai
2 - snake
1 - lawrence

First game back, obviously he'd be s bit rusty but he made 188m, 6 tackle busts, 2 line breaks and scored a try

Gee you are a harsh marker!

My point was not so much about harsh marking taufua but how if wolfman had the exact same game....people would be decrying his performance.

As HM previously said, he was integral in our wins over souffs and rorters but is still desired to be kicked to the curb by many on here.

Though, to address your insinuations; I thought taufua had an ok game. If I was being harsh I'd say most of those 188 metres came when he made one break...then got run down by a front row forward....and his try was a sitter. He bombed about 3 others.

Killer03 said:
Fluffy said:
I must have watched a different game to many as Lawrence was outshone by Starling big time imo in attack. BJ made a few good runs but i would think Starling made twice as many.

Might have been the different view I got live compared to the tv

Not sure of the official stats, but I also thought Starling was on the field for an extended period also. Which is good to give him some more fitness and confidence. I think he's playing well.

Had a look, Starling played 54 minutes.

made 13 runs for 131m and 21 tackles which is a good return.

BJ for comparison played 43 minutes made 6 runs for 75m and made 34 tackles.

So gut feel was right that BJ didnt make many runs but he did do a lot of defencive work. Still he is there to run.

Voting closed for Round 6 with the points going as follows:

3 Brett Stewart
2 Steve Matai
1 Brenton Lawrence

There's a bit of an error in the overall point calculations at present, which I've asked Dan to look at when he has a chance, but the overall table is as follows:

Matai - 11
B Stewart - 5
Lyon - 3.5
G Stewart - 3
Cherry-Evans - 3
Buhrer - 2
Watmough - 2
Foran - 2
Ballin - 2
Hiku - 1.5
Lawrence - 1

Thanks for voting!!!