2v to blame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
Sorry guys the players on the park are picked by the coach. We had no forward impact, yet we kept the same forward pack week in week out. Our winger was proven to struggle , 2v keeps him going. We are constantly in trouble out wide, however we keep jamming in. Our enthusiasm is shot and the same team gets rewarded. No repercussion for under performing. Sorry 2v you're the boss. Take some blame for your actions/ team choice.

Poola said:
Sorry guys the players on the park are picked by the coach. We had no forward impact, yet we kept the same forward pack week in week out. Our winger was proven to struggle , 2v keeps him going. We are constantly in trouble out wide, however we keep jamming in. Our enthusiasm is shot and the same team gets rewarded. No repercussion for under performing. Sorry 2v you're the boss. Take some blame for your actions/ team choice.
We have been hit with alot of injuries. Over all we have had a good year. No ballin in the middle, Lawrence playing busted, no buhrer on the edges. Next week

This is what a decade of dominance does to people. People dont realise that you cant stay top forever. Their pack smashed us. We have no Ballin, Buhrer or Gift. Toovs knows this team better than you or anyone else on this forum. You are all off your heads if you think Toovs is to blame. These things happen when you cant field a full strength team against a massive pack like Souths

Lord Eagleton said:
This is what a decade of dominance does to people. People dont realise that you cant stay top forever. Their pack smashed us. We have no Ballin, Buhrer or Gift. Toovs knows this team better than you or anyone else on this forum. You are all off your heads if you think Toovs is to blame. These things happen when you cant field a full strength team against a massive pack like Souths
This
We have over a million dollars worth of forward on the sidelines..

Lord Eagleton said:
These things happen when you cant field a full strength team against a massive pack like Souths

So you are saying we lose 3 players and we should be down 40 nil? I remember a game i think it was 1991 or 92 a semi against Canberra with injured players everywhere yet we played a tremendous game we lost but played with pride. Kevin Iro played about his only great game for us in the match. Injuries are no excuse for our form.

Totally outplayed.

The body language is horrible, I've tried not too get to embroiled in all the innuendo surrounding the team, thinking their footy will do the talking come finals time. But there seems to be a major problem, we slant enter another game with things unresolved. Looks like some big and probably sad decisions will be made.

The players should be feeling pretty embarrassed after tonight, but it seems the character is gone from this batch of senior players and it may be time to start forging a new one.

Factions, jealousy and in maturity seems to have ****ed our season, I hope the guilty parties, feel exactly that, guilty.

Mavin said:
Lord Eagleton said:
These things happen when you cant field a full strength team against a massive pack like Souths

So you are saying we lose 3 players and we should be down 40 nil? I remember a game i think it was 1991 or 92 a semi against Canberra with injured players everywhere yet we played a tremendous game we lost but played with pride. Kevin Iro played about his only great game for us in the match. Injuries are no excuse for our form.

Yes i am. 3 crucial players out will stuff the dynamics of your team everytime. Scorelines can blow out when a team gets a roll on. We got smashed, Toovs can only do so much against a massive pack like Souths. Its not a huge surprise and doesnt mean Toovs should 'take blame'

Lord Eagleton said:
Mavin said:
Lord Eagleton said:

Yes i am. 3 crucial players out will stuff the dynamics of your team everytime. Scorelines can blow out when a team gets a roll on. We got smashed, Toovs can only do so much against a massive pack like Souths. Its not a huge surprise and doesnt mean Toovs should 'take blame'

I'm in no way blaming Tooves ( except for continuing to pick Jorge) I think it lay's with the players they win and lose games coaches can only do so much.

joeboy said:
Totally outplayed.

The body language is horrible, I've tried not too get to embroiled in all the innuendo surrounding the team, thinking their footy will do the talking come finals time. But there seems to be a major problem, we slant enter another game with things unresolved. Looks like some big and probably sad decisions will be made.

The players should be feeling pretty embarrassed after tonight, but it seems the character is gone from this batch of senior players and it may be time to start forging a new one.

Factions, jealousy and in maturity seems to have ... our season, I hope the guilty parties, feel exactly that, guilty.

Very well summised mate. Unfortunately cant fault it :(

I accept we have been hit with a bad spate of injuries and some important key players missing. I understand we were always up against it tonight. However, I also question Tooves simply based on him not making adjustments to the weaknesses and challenges.

Poola said:

Nothing new.
I've heard all this before when Des was coach. Des would have done the same, just like he kept T-Rex on the park even though he was awful for the Dogs last year.

Des copped a bunch when he picked players that won't make today's bench.
Guys like Bryant (who's guaranteed to drop one or two balls a game), Willo (slow, non-dynamic player), Shane Neumann (possibly the worst ever to pull on the maroon and white), etc.

I don't think Des was a better coach than Tooves. Des has his crazy picks and he was lucky. He also garnered loyalty from certain players he favours.

Unfortunately, Des forced out Beaver when Beaver was still playing well and would have been cheap to stay on. He also forced out Chad Randall whom I thought is better than what Des rated him.

In 2004, Des stuck with Andrew Walker at fullback (who kept dropping bombs) and we lost 6 straight games, whilst I was screaming for Snake to be brought up to play first grade. In Round 9 that season, when he relented and let Snake play, we finally had a win.

Tooves has to juggle player confidence (this late in the season) and players with Finals experience. It just didn't pay off to keep Jorge on the wing.

I was hoping since my last post that Gutho would replace Jorge and Cheyse to be on the bench. I had half my wish. I also asked for Littlejohn to be looked at for hooker. Looks like that may happen, since our season is over.

Tonight's game, Souths strategy was simple. Their forwards are massive and they play simple footy. They kept punching the middle and compressing our defence. All they have to do after that was to go wide and score. If they can't go around, they kick for Jorge and it was easy lottery.

Hmmm... I should be coach (but I still hold Tooves in high regards).

Was Epalahame Lauaki training on the field before kick off?
I thought I saw a lot of hair.. and I meant a LOT.

Poola said:

Okay give me the changes you would make

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4