2nd Rd Turnaround

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Harry, it was pretty well covered in the Croker thread but the issue isn't about Croker playing to his ability, it's the nature of that ability in relation to DCE.
DCE needs an organising half like the one who walked out on us, like the one that allowed Shaun Johnson to play so well yesterday.
Does Croker have that ability? If not, we're losing a massive amount of value from our $10 million man.
I reckon he does have that ability imo

If Perrett isn't injured I'd have him in the 17. Drop Brown, but given that won't happen, drop winterstein.
I honestly reckon Brown won't be a part of the side for rd 2. Barrett must've realised that he has no use for our side anymore after that Knight's game.. Surely

If Perrett isn't injured I'd have him in the 17. Drop Brown, but given that won't happen, drop winterstein.

08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kelepi Tanginoa
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Shaun Lane

(Siro becomes the utility).

What did Croker do wrong? A few minor issues but fitted in really well I thought

I was quite impressed with him at times in that match, not an 80 minute performance like he put together against the chooks in the trial although still appeared cool under the pressure and aware of what he needed to do
I liked Crokers performance but he isnt the man to be paired with DCE. We saw a return of 2016 Cherry, until we can get an organsing 6 we will struggle as well as Cherry.

I agree and I don’t. It was his first full game in the NRL, and he played about as well as could be expected. I can’t see many other rookie halves play any better in their first proper game.

The problem is that we want to win a Comp and we won’t with a rookie half. The other problem is we don’t have many options; however, I have always liked the idea of giving Hastings a proper chance with DCE. Hastings has more runs under his belt (even though he too is quite young).

We all just want to win.

Watching Croft who has a bit more experience play worse. Errors, soft in defence, chip kick to Morris on the last and that is the sort of peer he should be marked against. Frawley another one.

What did Croker do wrong? A few minor issues but fitted in really well I thought

I was quite impressed with him at times in that match, not an 80 minute performance like he put together against the chooks in the trial although still appeared cool under the pressure and aware of what he needed to do
What has Hastings done wrong is more to the point!

I liked Crokers performance but he isnt the man to be paired with DCE. We saw a return of 2016 Cherry, until we can get an organsing 6 we will struggle as well as Cherry.
I certainly don't feel we saw a return to the 2016 Dce, jumping the gun on that comment

What has Hastings done wrong is more to the point!
I reckon Croker is a Blake Green clone in some ways, only with less experience, less leadership, more accurate long range kicking, better running game and better defence. Pros and Cons where in the coming season and beyond we should see the Pros grow as he to develops Hastings is most certainly a decent player with the occasional highlight, although if we want a premiership he isn't a good enough organiser. Very direct player, was very pleased when he came off the bench last year to give Api a spell and i'd be happy to see that again. He came on, re-energised the side and straightened us up again. Could certainly do with that after we lost focus and direction at some periods (though not anything abnormal seeing it was a rd 1 game)

He's had his chance at 5/8 alongside Mitchell Pearce, and he didn't impress. In his few games in that position for us last year, he didn't impress. We can try all we like but his roof at 5/8 appears pretty low as opposed to that of Croker's

Croker faced off against Hastings this offseason and Croker earnt the position. He got it for a reason and it was an easy decision, as Baz confirmed he would start at 5/8 rather early this year

Cherry did on friday what he did in 2016. Run sideways, play predictably, not run the ball, overplay his hand and in all honesty was poor.
Agree to disagree.

I do agree that he did that, but only on occasion, lack of direction was not our issue, it was conceding errors and penalties. No game can be won with the amount of fixable and avoidable penalties and errors we conceded in that game

08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kelepi Tanginoa
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Shaun Lane

(Siro becomes the utility).

When’s Darcy due back?

I reckon Croker is a Blake Green clone in some ways, only with less experience, less leadership, more accurate long range kicking, better running game and better defence. Pros and Cons where in the coming season and beyond we should see the Pros grow as he to develops Hastings is most certainly a decent player with the occasional highlight, although if we want a premiership he isn't a good enough organiser. Very direct player, was very pleased when he came off the bench last year to give Api a spell and i'd be happy to see that again. He came on, re-energised the side and straightened us up again. Could certainly do with that after we lost focus and direction at some periods (though not anything abnormal seeing it was a rd 1 game)

He's had his chance at 5/8 alongside Mitchell Pearce, and he didn't impress. In his few games in that position for us last year, he didn't impress. We can try all we like but his roof at 5/8 appears pretty low as opposed to that of Croker's

Croker faced off against Hastings this offseason and Croker earnt the position. He got it for a reason and it was an easy decision, as Baz confirmed he would start at 5/8 rather early this year
Hastings has played more games and played better than Croker his whole career, also has more junior rep on his books. Hastings is better, but for some reason isnt being given a chance.

And Croker and Green are nothing a like, Croker runs the ball he is a runner. Green is an organiser. Green is also a good 6, not Croker. Green has one of the best kicking games in the comp, long and short. I would take back Green everyday of the week.

Hastings has played more games and played better than Croker his whole career, also has more junior rep on his books. Hastings is better, but for some reason isnt being given a chance.

And Croker and Green are nothing a like, Croker runs the ball he is a runner. Green is an organiser. Green is also a good 6, not Croker. Green has one of the best kicking games in the comp, long and short. I would take back Green everyday of the week.
Time will tell, but for now, i emphatically disagree

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8