25,000 and 10 years!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
25,000 posts seems to me to be a bit of a milestone so thought I’d get a little prophetic and add a few memories of my time as a part of this crazy joint.

For a start , I’ve probably got that many posts again on the Bryan Gaensler forum ( late 90’s), and Aaron Markie’s One Eyed Eagle Forum , plus the ( for a time) the official MWSE forum ( also ran by Aaron) up to 2008, so I’ve probably racked up at least 70,000 pieces of mostly useless and inane information, which I’m mostly proud of ( some less so).

I’ve also killed the careers of a few young up and comers with my “ now this one will be a superstar” comments ( sorry guys), and my new year resolution us to not do that again!!

Up front I’d like to thank @Dan for having me , and if it wasn’t for him encouraging me after a not so pleasant welcome ( when a few of us came across after MSWE was closed and copped it from all and sundry) I probably wouldn’t be here today.

It’s been at times , a wild ride, at times informative, mostly entertaining, and sometimes just outright hilarious BUT at other times humbling, especially when I announced my son in law was pronounced terminal from his Cancer and I shared their GoFundMe page. The support from Silvertails then fair dinkum made me shed a tear ( in fact many). And Mick , and Alice were very aware of the financial support from this page and will be forever grateful.

I officially arrived in early October 2008, immediately after we’d won the GF, so it’s probably 10 years and a month, and they’ve been mostly 10 great years.

I also helped sponsor the page when running the MWTS supporter tours , including our two WCC tours in 2009 and 2012 and this page was a great support during those times.

My profile on here also saw me get the ears of all the CEO’s to David Perry and many on the Football Club , including my great mate and co conspirator @vidmar . Current media manager Wayne has also rung me, but that’s another story.

The characters on here are just that , characters, and that’s what makes Silvertails interesting. I won’t name everyone as there’s far far too many to mention but people like @Ryan @Chip and Chase @Jethro @The Wheel and @SeaEagleRock8 are all salt of the earth rusted on die hard supporters who have been here since I started and whom I’ve had a fair bit to do with, I value their friendship immensely.

And yes I’d still love to see an annual ST get together!!

And yes I’d love to say “ I love you’s all” but I don’t , I still have a few on ignore but such is life and it would be impossible to think you could get on with everyone.

I do lament the early days though as apart from the time when MWSE closed and we were chastised for “ only joining due to that circumstance” we all seemed to get on better then and there was less “ playing the man” that I see so much today, I guess that’s just a “ sign of the times” as I see this happening on social media as well.

I don’t agree with what everyone says and you probably are the same with me but personal attacks are absolute rubbish, we don’t need it and I urge everyone to think before they type.

Anyway enough of my gibberish , it’s been an honour to be a part of such a passionate group of fans , along the way experiencing 3 GF’s ( two wins) and a number of semi finals and some very very memorable games and some intense , robust and entertaining discussions.

AND, still no Wooden Spoon.

Thanks Silvertailers for being an important part of my day to day life, and whilst 2018 was an absolute **** year I think better times are ahead.

So,

#GoManly

And I just have to finish with

#nextweek

25,000 posts seems to me to be a bit of a milestone so thought I’d get a little prophetic and add a few memories of my time as a part of this crazy joint.

For a start , I’ve probably got that many posts again on the Bryan Gaensler forum ( late 90’s), and Aaron Markie’s One Eyed Eagle Forum , plus the ( for a time) the official MWSE forum ( also ran by Aaron) up to 2008, so I’ve probably racked up at least 70,000 pieces of mostly useless and inane information, which I’m mostly proud of ( some less so).

I’ve also killed the careers of a few young up and comers with my “ now this one will be a superstar” comments ( sorry guys), and my new year resolution us to not do that again!!

Up front I’d like to thank @Dan for having me , and if it wasn’t for him encouraging me after a not so pleasant welcome ( when a few of us came across after MSWE was closed and copped it from all and sundry) I probably wouldn’t be here today.

It’s been at times , a wild ride, at times informative, mostly entertaining, and sometimes just outright hilarious BUT at other times humbling, especially when I announced my son in law was pronounced terminal from his Cancer and I shared their GoFundMe page. The support from Silvertails then fair dinkum made me shed a tear ( in fact many). And Mick , and Alice were very aware of the financial support from this page and will be forever grateful.

I officially arrived in early October 2008, immediately after we’d won the GF, so it’s probably 10 years and a month, and they’ve been mostly 10 great years.

I also helped sponsor the page when running the MWTS supporter tours , including our two WCC tours in 2009 and 2012 and this page was a great support during those times.

My profile on here also saw me get the ears of all the CEO’s to David Perry and many on the Football Club , including my great mate and co conspirator @vidmar . Current media manager Wayne has also rung me, but that’s another story.

The characters on here are just that , characters, and that’s what makes Silvertails interesting. I won’t name everyone as there’s far far too many to mention but people like @Ryan @Chip and Chase @Jethro @The Wheel and @SeaEagleRock8 are all salt of the earth rusted on die hard supporters who have been here since I started and whom I’ve had a fair bit to do with, I value their friendship immensely.

And yes I’d love to say “ I love you’s all” but I don’t , I still have a few on ignore but such is life and it would be impossible to think you could get on with everyone.

I do lament the early days though as apart from the time when MWSE closed and we were chastised for “ only joining due to that circumstance” we all seemed to get on better then and there was less “ playing the man” that I see so much today, I guess that’s just a “ sign of the times” as I see this happening on social media as well.

I don’t agree with what everyone says and you probably are the same with me but personal attacks are absolute rubbish, we don’t need it and I urge everyone to think before they type.

Anyway enough of my gibberish , it’s been an honour to be a part of such a passionate group of fans , along the way experiencing 3 GF’s ( two wins) and a number of semi finals and some very very memorable games and some intense , robust and entertaining discussions.

Thanks Silvertailers for being an important part of my day to day life, and whilst 2018 was an absolute **** year I think better times are ahead.

So,

#GoManly

#nextweek
There can never be any doubts about your commitment mate.

So,

#GoManly

#nextweek
Beautiful post brother . Straight from the heart . Thank you also for adding plenty of character to this wonderful forum and making it Great

Well done mate, you've contributed a lot to the cause, both online and offline. Your passion is without question, and at the end of the day that's what drives us all here.

I'm not sure if it's just me but I no longer see post counts since we went to the new format, not that it's a bad thing.

Well done mate, you've contributed a lot to the cause, both online and offline. Your passion is without question, and at the end of the day that's what drives us all here.

I'm not sure if it's just me but I no longer see post counts since we went to the new format, not that it's a bad thing.

You gotta look for them.

Funnily I posted exactly at number 25,000 but have lost 15 in the last 10 minutes.......I think I’m being sabotaged!

Crikey mate. 25,000 posts in 10 years. Being a bit of a statistician, that would be 6.84 posts per day.

An epic contribution worthy of a Guinness
Book of Records entry :)

Always a good read mate, wearing your heart on your maroon and white sleeve.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8