2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member

Old article on Walsh making a junior Blues Origin camp alongside some familiar faces in Tylor Bunting, Sam Fainu, Josh Feledy, Jesse McLean, Ethan Sanders, Blaize Talaigi, Chevy Stewart, Fletcher Sharpe.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'd say Gordie is there to play for Blacktown while Croker / Simpkin split the hooking role.

Regarding this Walsh kid, I've never heard of him. Where has he been playing? Manly Vikings Rugby Club? I'm surprised The Chooks let go such an exciting talent tbh????? Guess he chose to go back to Union. Who know's what transpired.

I'm surprised either of these signings made our main front page.
With the development program the Rorters setup they get a lot of the very good younger players, they provide free accommodation etc for players to relocate.

Hoping the club can stag a promising backrower or middle forward from their stock pile, another player like Preston would be good.

Once Was Brissie Kid

Reserve Grader
Walsh is in NSW jersey #12 in this U16s 2022 game game. Watch the try from 0:49 - Walsh shifts the play with a long pass across the back of the scrum and then supports on the inside. (At 3:16 Zach Fittler crashes his way to the try line.)

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
You dont think a top 30 squad member re-signing should make the website?

Regarding Walsh, the club are obviously excited about him if they are spruiking him. As you are right, youngers signing don't often come with fanfare.

Personally I'm all for it, the more info the better, ling may be gone the days of players not even being announced.
He is also the grandson of this Joe Walsh, formerly of the Eagles:
IMG_9902.jpeg

Ok, so I made that one up.

Leho

Reserve Grader
Premium Member

Rising Waratahs star Joe Walsh gets creative on and off field in national rugby championships​

When this youngster isn’t cutting a swath through defenders in the U16 national rugby championships he’s getting creative in a completely different way.

Amanda LulhamSports Writer

November 7, 2022 - 10:53AM

Joe Walsh has skills on and off the field in both rugby union and rugby league.

Joe Walsh has skills on and off the field in both rugby union and rugby league.

He’s a rising star of rugby with cutting edge skills on and off the paddock.
NSW Waratahs teenager Joe Walsh has been turning plenty of heads this season with his performances in the U16 National Rugby Championship.
Off field the young gun spends as much time as he can working his magic in a different world at a local barber shop at Manly.

“I love getting creative and meeting new people,” said Walsh, who is still at school.
“Footy players love mullets and love the fade”.

Joe Walsh has been one of the standouts of the National U16 rugby championships. Pic: Julian Andrews

Joe Walsh has been one of the standouts of the National U16 rugby championships. Pic: Julian Andrews

The Year 10 student from St Augustine’s College at Brookvale said barbering is something he would like to pursue in the future but a career as a footballer is his priority goal.

Walsh is playing both rugby league and rugby union and “loves both” but his attention is firmly on the latter this weekend as the Waratahs chase down a victory in the final of the U16 National Rugby Championships at Rat Park against the Queensland Reds on Sunday.

The U16 match between the NSW Waratahs and the Queensland Reds will be played at 12.05pm and the U19 match between the Waratahs and Reds at 2:35pm.
Walsh, a Narraweena Hawkes Junior, has played a major role with the NSW Waratahs in the U16 competition in 2022 which has seen the Gen Blue side navigate their way to the final without a single defeat.
Walsh is on the comeback from a meniscus injury which interfered with his Harold Matts
season for the Sydney Roosters.
“It was just so exciting to be playing again,’’ Walsh said.

Ryan

Journey Man
You dont think a top 30 squad member re-signing should make the website?

Regarding Walsh, the club are obviously excited about him if they are spruiking him. As you are right, youngers signing don't often come with fanfare.

Personally I'm all for it, the more info the better, ling may be gone the days of players not even being announced.
Still waiting for Ox

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
27 players signed for 2025, Lodge, Waddell and Ray Ray no new deals at Manly or another club as yet.

Last edited:
I'd say Gordie is there to play for Blacktown while Croker / Simpkin split the hooking role.

Regarding this Walsh kid, I've never heard of him. Where has he been playing? Manly Vikings Rugby Club? I'm surprised The Chooks let go such an exciting talent tbh????? Guess he chose to go back to Union. Who know's what transpired.

I'm surprised either of these signings made our main front page.
Damned if you do … damned if you don’t!
If the marketing team doesn’t keep us up to date we b1tch about it …. If they update us re every signing we b1tch about it!

Guess that’s life really! Can’t please everyone!

Just sayin’

Ryan

Journey Man
Damned if you do … damned if you don’t!
If the marketing team doesn’t keep us up to date we b1tch about it …. If they update us re every signing we b1tch about it!

Guess that’s life really! Can’t please everyone!

Just sayin’

We need proven / marquee players right now, to become a contender, rather than a participator.

We HAD Latu Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Jamie Humphreys & Jake Arthur as succession. We now have Jake Arthur and Joe Walsh (a player The Chooks didn't want & ARU convert).

Sorry if I'm not thrilled, but I'm not buying this PR stunt aimed at softening the blow. All good if you want to, I'm not criticizing you. I refuse to jump up and down and applaud anything the club does.

I want progress, improvement, a more balanced roster, better cap management, better decisions, so flame away.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20