2024 Optimist/Pessimist Thread - How are you feeling?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

2024 Optimist/Pessimist Thread - How are you feeling?

• Optimistic

Votes: 71 81.6%
  • On the fence (get off it!)

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Pessimistic

Votes: 8 9.2%

• Total voters
Still very optimistic, in 2024 any side can beat any side and playing sides after a huge loss is a curse ( for all sides ).

Whilst not in any way blaming the refs last night , there was a huge amount of penalties / 6 agains , our way , SO there was always going to be an even up , and when that occurred, they got the momentum, got a lucky try , and they never looked back.

**** happens , and we move on.

Hope the Phins win big this weekend as that’ll help.

Top 4 will be out of 6
Penrith , Storm , Rorters , Broncos , Phins, Gummies (on another easy draw).
We have terrible defense not anywhere near good enough for top 4 will be lucky to squeeze into top 8.

On our roster if we don't get into the top 8 there really should be an inquiry, that would be a startling underperformance. At the same time, I think Origin period will be a particular problem for us and in general we just don't have the focus and consistency to make a really big impact. 6 - 8 is as well as we can hop to go. 9 - 11 as badly as we can fear to go.

On our roster if we don't get into the top 8 there really should be an inquiry, that would be a startling underperformance. At the same time, I think Origin period will be a particular problem for us and in general we just don't have the focus and consistency to make a really big impact. 6 - 8 is as well as we can hop to go. 9 - 11 as badly as we can fear to go.
Imagine when we don't make the 8 for the 3rd year in a row. My head will explode for starters. Think we would lose a lot of young supporters.

I'm holding to my original position on the team @Mark from Brisbane. We'll have ups and downs, but our recruitment for the past 3-4 years have laid a duck egg, and not filled clear & obvious gaps in our squad.

We have a winger playing centre
We have a prop playing Lock
We have a half-back playing Hooker
We have a utility that can play only backrow / hooker
Plus, all out forwards are too similar (larger, slower, immobile, power types) that drop off, and regularly get injured.
A NSW Cup team that is absolute arse.

I'm holding to my original position on the team @Mark from Brisbane. We'll have ups and downs, but our recruitment for the past 3-4 years have laid a duck egg, and not filled clear & obvious gaps in our squad.

Plus, all out forwards are too similar (larger, slower, immobile, power types) that drop off, and regularly get injured.
All fair comments.

There’s a bit more to happen in my opinion and it’s taken a while to “ De-Des” the team , it’ll be interesting to see who gets added in 25.

By then it’s all Seibold and on his back from then on.

It could be worse ( as @tajhay knows) you could have played the last 4 games & not won one of them !!

Warriors looking extremely ordinary

It’s not that anybody can beat anybody, it’s the officiating that determines the momentum of games and finally the result.
Never before have we seen teams get thumped by 40 one week and then win the next week.
Never before have we seen teams run to big early leads and then get beaten because the officiating gets the losing team back into the game.
The NRL has become an entertainment industry and no longer the combat sport that we used to know.
We are not quite yet like WWE wrestling where matches are scripted , but we are certainly on the way there based on what we are starting to see now on a weekly basis.

On our day we are more than capable of beating good sides but when you lose games you should nail you undo all that good work.

Bottom half of the 8 is our best scenario I believe, the team needs to develop consistency as the trend of giving up leads is our biggest weakness this season!

It’s not that anybody can beat anybody, it’s the officiating that determines the momentum of games and finally the result.
Never before have we seen teams get thumped by 40 one week and then win the next week.
Never before have we seen teams run to big early leads and then get beaten because the officiating gets the losing team back into the game.
The NRL has become an entertainment industry and no longer the combat sport that we used to know.
We are not quite yet like WWE wrestling where matches are scripted , but we are certainly on the way there based on what we are starting to see now on a weekly basis.
Yep, I’ve been saying it for a few years now and have been told to put my tin foil hat away , but you just cannot get this situation where a team gets thumped by 40 - 50 & next week they are world beaters without shenanigans going on.

Look at the games this weekend , I didn’t watch all of them but teams jumping out to a lead , and then getting run down was a common theme.

And disgraceful ref / bunker decisions determining how games are won ( Drizzle / Titans ) not forgetting our debacle at the end in NZ ( which I saw happen again this weekend for absolutely nothing to happen ).

It’s why I’m not losing my **** like most others about Thursday night.

It’s a lottery , who knows if we’ll feature come September, it’s anyone’s guess.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10