2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
we still lack a quality centre....
Yeah I will be honest it's been a problem since matai and lyon departure.
I got now problems with Koula kid showed alot of potential but I think Parker may slot in other spot.
Garrick a great player but I do believe we are making flanks alot weaker without him there.

He is our most serviceable option at centre. Not gonna set the world on fire but will do a job and won't let you down. Shifting Garrick to centre and bringing in a rookie on the wing involves more risk. We have plenty of flashy players around him, someone with the consistency of a metronome can be important.
Yeah a agree, atleast with Parker he defence is reasonable and good hole runner. Moving Garrick off flank makes that wing spot fairly weak in my opinion

Koula has played well when he's filled in on the wing. There's no reason Weekes can't do equally well. I agree that Garrick is our best winger, however, I would like to have two centres who possess attacking flair. Hopefully, Garrick has an opportunity at centre sometime.
I just think Vaega not ready for Nrl. Garrick deserved shot but I wait until Saab is back

I just think Vaega not ready for Nrl. Garrick deserved shot but I wait until Saab is back
Fair enough, but I would prefer Weekes on one wing with Tuipulotu on the other. It will be interesting to see which direction the coaches take. Preseason training & trial form will, hopefully, be major factors

I just can't see Seibold throwing 3 relatively inexperienced backs in from the get go. I see them keeping Parker in the centres for now with Koula only in his 2nd year. Shu needs to worry about his own game and not about another rookie centre (for now). Garrick should stay on the wing until Saab is back, depending on how we start the season of course. If we start poorly, those positions could change earlier. But then again, if we start poorly, surely that will be on the forwards. So the changes might start there first. They seem to have a few options.

So I reckon they'll start with

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Parker
Tui or Weekes
Shu
DCE

Forwards are really up for grabs I reckon. I like the idea of the high impact dummy half to replace Croker but not sure who that should be. It will come down to the pre season form. I'll run with:

Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Olakauatu
Tuilagi
Jake

Aloiai
Sipley
Bullemor
Weekes (if he's not on the wing) but could easily be
Ben T, or one of the newbies like Roach or Lawton when fit.

Agree @40 nil We need to look forwards not backwards. Im hoping to see a number of our younger players given early opportunities in the seventeen this season.

Agree @40 nil We need to look forwards not backwards. Im hoping to see a number of our younger players given early opportunities in the seventeen this season.
Yep, if the experienced forwards don't raise their game from last year early on, the young blokes should be given their chance sooner rather than later. Of course, if some of the young blokes are already showing Seibold more than the older blokes then he shouldn't hesitate.

1 Turbo
2 Tippytoes
3 Weekes/Garrick
4 Koula
5 Garrick/Weekes
6 Shu
7Chez
8Aloia
9 Croker
10 Keppie
11 Oka
12 Tuligi
13 Jake

14 Gkct/Roache
15 Paseka
16 Toff/Bully
17 Fulton/Condon
With Jake and Croker able to play big minutes I don't see the need for 3 big bench players ,need to speed the ruck up and more ball play through the middle, very pedestrian last year opposition new what was coming and just Teeing Off on our middle forwards

We needed to look at buying forwards .Big problem not addressed this off season.
We did, didn't we? Tuilagi and Condon. Problem is, that's the best we could afford at this stage. We actually have plenty of depth in the middle. The question is whether they can step up consistently both individually, and as a pack. Having said that, am really hoping for an alpha like Flegler to come in for 2024

We did, didn't we? Tuilagi and Condon. Problem is, that's the best we could afford at this stage. We actually have plenty of depth in the middle. The question is whether they can step up consistently both individually, and as a pack. Having said that, am really hoping for an alpha like Flegler to come in for 2024
Assuming money there given money splashed at flegler. To some degree likes of Paseka and Keppie need to aim up this year or I say Seilbold will look elsewhere

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Myers
Weekes
Schuster
DCE
Aloiai
Croker
Jake
Tuilagi
Oka
Fulton

Paseka
Keppie
Roache/Gordon
Fainu

Myers is the big ?, but has a greater ceiling than anyone to join Koula in the centres
Fainu I think will feature often, as will Fulton.
Younger bro Latu Fainu is a Smokey and 100% in the 17 by 2024
Condon don't know much about, but seems likely to push for a spot.
Explosive dummy half off the bench a MUST and I reckon our new coaching staff will do exactly that
I would like to see Garrick get a shot in the centres
I like the fearless and hard working Fulton at Lock .
Most of all I would like the players pick them selves on trial form
Trials should be taken seriously and the NRL has come up with strategy to do just that

Why no Turbo? Three weeks ago, Seibold said he will be fit for Round One. The recovery time for his 14th December hamstring injury was said to be 6-8 weeks. Also, Weekes is being groomed as Turbo's understudy & I expect he will selected in that position when Turbo is unavailable.
I've heard he may be held back a week or 2.

If the attitude in all the forwards goes up a gear, as it needs to. I can see Bullemor just running a muck at 13. Give Jake joint Captaincy and Prop. I'd love nothing more than to see him be a bloody leader of the pack. Every one of our forwards has to up the ante.
More the defensive adjustment for someone like Bully if he was to be given a go there . Probably not much or any previous experience there also . Just taking into account trial considerations for these suggestions , and also a bit of inexperience but Zac Fulton and even Samuael Fifita game time there as well . Jake of course more then capable of continuing there but limitations in attack there will be an ongoing issue . Same with Weekes being tried in various back line positions in a trial setting , With Turbo out of the trials , probably Weekes will even start as the full back . Some or quite a few predictable selections but also a good number of variables and left field options as well

Hoping Tuitavake is able to make an impact this year. Has plenty of talent but not much luck on the injury front… Also Ben Turbo needs to prove himself this year if he wants to be considered regular first grade material.

Hoping Tuitavake is able to make an impact this year. Has plenty of talent but not much luck on the injury front… Also Ben Turbo needs to prove himself this year if he wants to be considered regular first grade material.
Think that he is out for the early part of the season . would expect though quite a bit of attention on the likes of Fifita and Samuael Fainu . Even Burbo and if he can improve a bit . Sykes should have something to offer as well

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4