2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tuipoloto i think was mainly a centre in his junior years and debuted there with the Roosters . Just what i noticed with him playing at Black town early 2021 in the centres , went well , certainly a strong runner . Really can not offer an explanation for his late season drop off in form , hopefully can bounce back well next season . Wouldn 't say that he would be the most polished of centres going around if he played there but plenty of raw ability . Really would not see Garrick as the best fit as a centre , has developed into a top line winger , capable one , defence not his strongest suite sometimes but really good in other areas . Really don 't expect any more major signings , main focus and priority should be on getting the best possible fits for the 6 and 13 roles
I know why he had a drop of form at the end of year.
gay men GIF

Look at the impact Pappa Hoppa had on Cronulla as a team after that famous game where he did the 20 metre shoulder charge. They were never the same again apart when they won that grand final. We need another Pappa Hoppa.

Tuipoloto i think was mainly a centre in his junior years and debuted there with the Roosters . Just what i noticed with him playing at Black town early 2021 in the centres , went well , certainly a strong runner . Really can not offer an explanation for his late season drop off in form , hopefully can bounce back well next season . Wouldn 't say that he would be the most polished of centres going around if he played there but plenty of raw ability . Really would not see Garrick as the best fit as a centre , has developed into a top line winger , capable one , defence not his strongest suite sometimes but really good in other areas . Really don 't expect any more major signings , main focus and priority should be on getting the best possible fits for the 6 and 13 roles

It's all attitude mate. Hanging around with Jorge Taufua too long, he's rubbed off. Even the play-the-balls ended up looking like the RMS Queen Elizabeth doing a three point turn.

Looks like we can't, won't or aren't attaining any quality players. Maybe this is an exercise more for myself around what I believe Des will go for next season (using players I think he favors):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jason Saab
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Sean Keppie
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Toff Sipley
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Ethan Bullemor

This thankfully relegates players like Boyle, Condon, De Luis, Roumanos, Burbo, Vaega, Smalley, Tuipulotu, Seci, Harper to NSW Cup.

Last edited:
Looks like we can't, won't or aren't attaining any quality players. Maybe this is an exercise more for myself around what I believe Des will go for next season (using players I think he favors):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Sean Keppie
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Toff Sipley
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Ethan Bullemor

This thankfully relegates players like Boyle, Condon, De Luis, Roumanos, Burbo, Vaega, Smalley, Tuipulotu, Seci, Harper to NSW Cup.
Reckon thats pretty close to what Des would go for as it currently stands. He Seems to like Burbo so maybe he gets ahead of Bully or Tuilagi

Hopefully we have a card up our sleeve though recruitment wise.

I also kinda like the Idea of Weekes in a Storm/Hynes 14 role but can't see Des doing that.

Reckon thats pretty close to what Des would go for as it currently stands. He Seems to like Burbo so maybe he gets ahead of Bully or Tuilagi

I also kinda like the Idea of Weekes in a Storm/Hynes 14 role but can't see Des doing that.

This would be my team mate:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Kelma Tuilagi

We need THREE marquee blue chip signings (Hooker and 2 backrowers). Use Bullemor, Tuipulotu, Parker, Harper, Croker or whoever else as trade pieces if necessary.

This would be my team mate:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Kaeo Weekes
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu

14. Karl Lawton
15. Sean Keppie
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Kelma Tuilagi

We need THREE marquee blue chip signings (Hooker and 2 backrowers). Use Bullemor, Tuipulotu, Parker, Harper, Croker or whoever else as trade pieces if necessary.
Nathan Brown for starters. Surely the slime will unload him.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Brad Parker
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jason Saab
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Sean Keppie
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Toff Sipley
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Ethan Bullemor

Surely Weekes in the #14 with Lawton, Sipley, Paseka. I thought Bulle was off to Wall street.

A gun backline :rocket:
I don't mind it either but 2 concerns 1) I haven't seen Weekes play centre and I don't really have a handle on his defence. I watched him in a few home games and couldn't really get a good read on that. I like the idea in theory though. 2) That's a really inexperienced backline. I'm not a stats man (I'll leave that to others on here) but 1st Grade experience from 2 to 6 in these positions must be close to the lowest in the comp. How they deal with that could be problematic. Having said that, I think it's pretty unlikely Des would go with this. Certainly not from the start of the season. But I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the 1st time.

I honestly cannot see what is so special about Brbo? Am I missing something? Nothing against the guy but I just can’t see the hype? Des needs to give this team an early crack in 2023…..
Trbo
Saab
Weekes
Koula
Garrick
Schuster
DCE
Aloiai
Segeyaro
Keppie
Olakau’atu
Tuilagi
Jrbo
Res: Lawton, Paseka, Sipley, Boyle

I honestly cannot see what is so special about Brbo? Am I missing something? Nothing against the guy but I just can’t see the hype? Des needs to give this team an early crack in 2023…..
Trbo
Saab
Weekes
Koula
Garrick
Schuster
DCE
Aloiai
Segeyaro
Keppie
Olakau’atu
Tuilagi
Jrbo
Res: Lawton, Paseka, Sipley, Boyle
Yeah he hasn't set the world on fire but early days.

I think plenty are harsher on him because of his surname

Ok well thank fu*k that garbage season is over. Now onto 2023 and signings, discussion and who will win the Clive Churchill next year. I can see Tom or Schu taking it out.

I watched the '08 and '11 GF yesterday and was reminded by how many great & likeable players we had in that era. Not all were stars but all had a crack.

To be honest I struggle to even personally like any of the current team. Just mercenaries.

We are so far off the pace and 2023 will be another disappointing year.

Piss off Penn family and sell the club to someone who has the wallet and passion to get us back to the top.

I watched the '08 and '11 GF yesterday and was reminded by how many great & likeable players we had in that era. Not all were stars but all had a crack.

To be honest I struggle to even personally like any of the current team. Just mercenaries.

We are so far off the pace and 2023 will be another disappointing year.

Piss off Penn family and sell the club to someone who has the wallet and passion to get us back to the top.
We need owners like the Las Vegas Raiders. Man that allegiant stadium is something else. $1.9 billion stadium.

Our strength and conditioning department need a complete overhaul. We need to reshape the physiques of Paseka, Keppie, Sipley and Aloiai into what Liota, Lenu and Fisher Harris are. Until that happens and we are fit to go 100% for 80 minutes or more then we will not compete.

Our strength and conditioning department need a complete overhaul. We need to reshape the physiques of Paseka, Keppie, Sipley and Aloiai into what Liota, Lenu and Fisher Harris are. Until that happens and we are fit to go 100% for 80 minutes or more then we will not compete.
Strength and conditioning can improve players stamina

But natural speed and power off the mark comes from our DNA

All players have been doing speed strength training all their playing days
and what you see is what you get

No Parkers can be turned into fast and more mobile Crichtons
and No Crokers can turn into fast Damien Cooks
and No Siplies can turn into more dymamic Liotas and Fisher Harris
In the big matches the superior players have the edge

All year we have not matched the intensity of the more relentless top 8 forward packs
Jake our forward leader leads our forward tempo of the match by courageously taking the ball up in slow motion before the quicker moving defensive line stops him dead in his tracks

Looking forward to some changes to our 2023 roster

Because some of our current players can only take us so far

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4