2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I want to remind people of something: next season our spine will include

6. Josh Schuster
7. DCE (with a weaker forward pack)
9. Lachlan Croker

Dear ****ing lord everyone. Reminds me of the :

6. Michael Witt (better than Schuster)
7. June Mullane (DCE is slightly better)
9. Chad Randall (better than Croker)

days

Good luck catching up the The Chooks, Eels, Panthers, Storm, Sharks & others. Dogs will trounce us next season.

I cannot believe the pessimism.

C'mon boys, we are Manly!!

Yes we are Manly, and we all hope this team wins more than it loses in 2023.
Realistically this team is not going to be competitive with the top six sides.
In addition to that if we have another bad run with injuries, we could find ourselves amongst the bottom four teams by seasons end.

Tom
Saab / Vaega
Koula
Tuipulotu
Garrick
Schuster
Weekes
Aloiai
DCE
Paseka
Olakau'atu
Tuilagi
Jake
Res: Croker, Sipley, Keppie, Bullemore

If we could snag Klemmer!!!!!!!!!

Aloiai
DCE
Klemmer
Olakau'atu
Tuilagi
Jake
Res: Croker, Paseka, Keppie, Sipley or Bullemore

That right there is one mongrel set of forwards!

6. Josh Schuster
9. Lachlan Croker

days

Good luck catching up the The Chooks, Eels, Panthers, Storm, Sharks & others. Dogs will trounce us next season.
Respectfully the Jye Mullane (DCE is slightly better) comparison is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on this forum in a very long time. Some of your best there MOD.

1.Turbo
2.Vaega
3.Garrick
4.Koula
5.Saab
6.Schuster (Fit)
7.Madden/Humphries
8.Aloiao
9.Dce Playing a less dependant ball running hooker role.
10.Klemmer/Fifita/Tamou (Any older hard bastard ,that the young knuckleheads can look up too).
11.Haumole
12.Tuilagi
13. Jake (C) More ball running than ball distributing.

14.Roache
15.Paseka (Last chance saloon)
16.Bullemore (Used as a prop)
17.Sipley/Keppie (Last chance saloon)

Who have I missed ?

1.Turbo
2.Vaega
3.Garrick
4.Koula
5.Saab
6.Schuster (Fit)
7.Madden/Humphries
8.Aloiao
9.Dce Playing a less dependant ball running hooker role.
10.Klemmer/Fifita/Tamou (Any older hard bastard ,that the young knuckleheads can look up too).
11.Haumole
12.Tuilagi
13. Jake (C) More ball running than ball distributing.

14.Roache
15.Paseka (Last chance saloon)
16.Bullemore (Used as a prop)
17.Sipley/Keppie (Last chance saloon)

Who have I missed ?
DCE at nine is thinking outside the square and sometimes it is outside the square where players become rejuvenated. Ben Hunt adapted well at number 9 and DCE could as well .

6. Josh Schuster
9. Lachlan Croker

days

You forgot to add into the spine our big Ace up our sleeve Tommy, he changes everything, if he's fully fit and raring to go we'll have a bumper year.

OFF-CONTRACT PLAYERS 2022

FULLBACK

Steven Marsters, Will Smith

WING

Kane Bradley, Christian Crichton, Moala Graham-Taufa, Dean Ieremia, George Jennings, Tuipulotu Katoa, Josh Mansour, Corey Oates, Jaxson Paulo, Junior Ratuva, Young Tonumaipea

CENTRE

Mawene Hiroti, Delouise Hoeter, Reece Hoffman, William Kei, Esan Marsters, Taane Milne, Tautau Moga, Brayden Musgrove, Solomone Naiduki, James Roberts, Tommy Talau, Isaiah Tass, Izaac Thompson

FIVE-EIGHTH

Daejarn Asi, Hayze Perham, Jaeman Salmon, Billy Walters
HALFBACK
Phoenix Crossland, Kurt Falls, Cooper Johns, Albert Kelly, Jock Madden, Brandon Wakeham, Sam Williams
PROP

Morgan Boyle, Herman Ese’ese, Poasa Faamausili, Andrew Fifita, Lachlan Gale, Ryan James, Matthew Lodge, Dunamis Lui, Jordan McLean, Franklin Pele, Emry Pere, Pasami Saulo, James Tamou, Martin Taupau, Aiden Tolman

HOOKER

Manase Fainu, Temple Kalepo, Jayden Nikorima, Jake Turpin

SECOND ROW

Billy Burns, Angus Crichton, Andrew Davey, Matt Doorey, Tom Eisenhuth, Jackson Ford, Jack Gosiewski, Wade Graham, Chris Lewis, Jack Murchie, Kevin Proctor, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine

LOCK

Matthew Eisenhuth, Pride Petterson-Robati

Respectfully the Jye Mullane (DCE is slightly better) comparison is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on this forum in a very long time. Some of your best there MOD.
It CAN be ridiculous all you like, he's terrible. He constantly crabs. He passes balls to dormant / stationary players (see how Olak excelled when Foz switched to half). His defense is now ****e. He runs in concentric circles. His short kicking game is below average. He's had multiple issues with players (Choc, Matai, Mason, Hastings - to the point of punch ups), salary cap hit, not taking personal accountability, demanding mid contract upgrade, the whole Titans debacle. Important key moment blunder (more frequent of late). Highest paid player in the league with inability to carry a game (guys like Munster earning heaps less), the hosed down issue with QLD origin players of old. Goes on.

Yes, slightly better than Mullane.

Tom
Saab / Vaega
Koula
Tuipulotu
Garrick
Schuster
Weekes
Aloiai
DCE
Paseka
Olakau'atu
Tuilagi
Jake
Res: Croker, Sipley, Keppie, Bullemore

If we could snag Klemmer!!!!!!!!!

Aloiai
DCE
Klemmer
Olakau'atu
Tuilagi
Jake
Res: Croker, Paseka, Keppie, Sipley or Bullemore

That right there is one mongrel set of forwards!
A halves pairing of Weekes and Schuster would not work at all imo. Both 5/8s (kind of) that are not organising/dominant halves and neither of them have much of a long or short kicking game from what I've seen. To be fair, a halves pairing of DCE and Schuster isn't much better. Ideally, an organising halfback like young Humphreys or Madden with Schuster or Weekes at 6 would work a lot better imo, because then at least we would be playing with some structure and directness, which we are definitely going to lose next year with Foz leaving. Still not sure if I like the idea of DCE at hooker, mainly due to his tackling technique, where he kind of drags/slings players to the ground instead of hitting them front on and then taking them to ground like most hookers do. Then again, I'd be happy with anything that gets DCE out of the halves and gives him less time with ball in hand. That way, hopefully he wouldn't **** up so much stuff.

I am positive that 2023 we will make the top 8. This team will be good.

Good luck in the off season with working on combinations.

GO MANLY

1. Tommy

2. Garrick

3. Koula

4. Harper / Parker

5. Saab

6. Schuster

7. DCE

8. Aloiai

9. Croker

10. Jake T

11. Haumole

12. Ben T

13. Liam Fulton

14. K Lawton

15. S Keppie

16. T Paseka

17. E Bullemor
That team will struggle to beat the top teams in the NSW cup.

OFF-CONTRACT PLAYERS 2022

FULLBACK

Steven Marsters, Will Smith

WING

Kane Bradley, Christian Crichton, Moala Graham-Taufa, Dean Ieremia, George Jennings, Tuipulotu Katoa, Josh Mansour, Corey Oates, Jaxson Paulo, Junior Ratuva, Young Tonumaipea

CENTRE

Mawene Hiroti, Delouise Hoeter, Reece Hoffman, William Kei, Esan Marsters, Taane Milne, Tautau Moga, Brayden Musgrove, Solomone Naiduki, James Roberts, Tommy Talau, Isaiah Tass, Izaac Thompson

FIVE-EIGHTH

Daejarn Asi, Hayze Perham, Jaeman Salmon, Billy Walters
HALFBACK
Phoenix Crossland, Kurt Falls, Cooper Johns, Albert Kelly, Jock Madden, Brandon Wakeham, Sam Williams
PROP

Morgan Boyle, Herman Ese’ese, Poasa Faamausili, Andrew Fifita, Lachlan Gale, Ryan James, Matthew Lodge, Dunamis Lui, Jordan McLean, Franklin Pele, Emry Pere, Pasami Saulo, James Tamou, Martin Taupau, Aiden Tolman

HOOKER

Manase Fainu, Temple Kalepo, Jayden Nikorima, Jake Turpin

SECOND ROW

Billy Burns, Angus Crichton, Andrew Davey, Matt Doorey, Tom Eisenhuth, Jackson Ford, Jack Gosiewski, Wade Graham, Chris Lewis, Jack Murchie, Kevin Proctor, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine

LOCK

Matthew Eisenhuth, Pride Petterson-Robati
I was reading that Spencer Leniu may be squeezed out of Penrith. I think he is the prefect type of prop we should be recruiting!

According to Zero Tackle (Which I know isn't entirely accurate), we have 23 currently contracted players for 2023. This includes Tuilagi but doesn't include Vaega, who is definitely in the 30-man squad for next year. Assuming we also upgrade all four players from the development squad (Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Zac Fulton, Jamie Humphreys, Jacob Sykes) and bring in Smalley and Fifita, then our 30-man squad for 2023 is already basically finalised. We may choose not to upgrade all of the development players, but at most, we will only have 1 or 2 spots open to recruit any outside players.

Surely we aren't replacing the departing players with guys from our development squad? We barely have enough depth as it is. Doesn't help that young guys who were actually in our 30 this year, like Tuitavake and Weekes (essentially) haven't played any first grade.

I would hope we are trying to sign some players with at least some FG experience, in positions we need (centre, hooker, prop). Smalley can stay with Blacktown and only Fulton should join the top 30 from the development squad, maybe GCKT if we can't solve the hooker situation.

Backline -

Turbo
Vaega
Garrick
Koula
Saab
This trims some "average" out of the backline
Agree that we should trim some average

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Tuipoluto
4. Koula
5. Saab

A bit worried about Tippytoes drop off last month or so but i'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

They are our best 5 players in the backline so let's rip the bandaid off

I agree with you @JakeyB789 our depth is ****, but our policy over the last two seasons has been to recruit from within. We only gained one player from outside (Ethan Bullemore) for this season, and at this stage have only recruited Tuilagi for 2023. Unfortunately, I can't see any sign of this approach to recruitment being discontinued for next year.
Losses 2022 Curtis Sironen, Cade Cust, Moses Suli, Jack Gosiewski, Tevita Funa, Zac Saddler
Gains 2022 Ethan Bullemore
Losses 2023 Sione Fainu, Kieran Foran, Jorge Taufua, Dylan Walker, Andrew Davey, Martin Taupau
Gains 2023 Kelma Tuilagi

So this is our hope for 2023. We have......
IF capt obvious can stop with the hero plays, turning back in etc etc - UNLIKELY
IF We have an offseason of defense,defense,defense - UNLIKELY
IF The porcelain man can stay on the field - UNLIKELY
IF The Schu can get fit enough for 5/8 - UNLIKELY
IF Des has a 180 deg shift in tactics and modern thinking - NOPE
IF The inclusive jumper 7 or 10 or whoever how many decide to stop kicking stones - DOUBTFUL
IF We can find a decent #9 - UNLIKELY
IF We can find some mongrel in the front and backrow - UNLIKELY
IF We can find a strike center - UNLIKELY
IF The NRL fixes the bunker clowns - NEVER

In other words , we are FU*KED.

So this is our hope for 2023. We have......
IF capt obvious can stop with the hero plays, turning back in etc etc - UNLIKELY
IF We have an offseason of defense,defense,defense - UNLIKELY
IF The porcelain man can stay on the field - UNLIKELY
IF The Schu can get fit enough for 5/8 - UNLIKELY
IF Des has a 180 deg shift in tactics and modern thinking - NOPE
IF The inclusive jumper 7 or 10 or whoever how many decide to stop kicking stones - DOUBTFUL
IF We can find a decent #9 - UNLIKELY
IF We can find some mongrel in the front and backrow - UNLIKELY
IF We can find a strike center - UNLIKELY
IF The NRL fixes the bunker clowns - NEVER

In other words , we are FU*KED.

No, it'll be fine mate. Wait until you read all the fluff articles released by the club telling us how Roumanos, Sykes, Fifita and all the other Blacktown failures are ready to step up & explode - how they are all so primed and pumped. How Schuster is just jumping out of his skin, and how Croker's improvement is going to continue !!

By the time season rolls around, 95% of this board will be claiming we are top 4 certainties. haha.

End of the day, this is all just the club trolling paying members and fans of course, wanting people to part with their hard earned money for an extremely sub-par product.

No, it'll be fine mate. Wait until you read all the fluff articles released by the club telling us how Roumanos, Sykes, Fifita and all the other Blacktown failures are ready to step up & explode - how they are all so primed and pumped. How Schuster is just jumping out of his skin, and how Croker's improvement is going to continue !!

By the time season rolls around, 95% of this board will be claiming we are top 4 certainties. haha.

End of the day, this is all just the club trolling paying members and fans of course, wanting people to part with their hard earned money for an extremely sub-par product.
I'll believe nothing that comes out of our PR Dept. after this season's complete and utter disaster. The levels of incompetence just blows my mind.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10