2022 Report card

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
F for Turbo?

In 7 games he 2 tries, 3 try assists, averaged 176 metres, had 3 line breaks, 23 tackle busts and 8 offloads.

I mean even accounting for injury and our ridiculous expectations there is no way he is a F

Please though Disco, at the same time (and I say this to everyone ), can we stop with the excuses, and as a fanbase say it how it was and is going forward.

Let's all set the bar higher. Let's not imagine up dream like states as to why we will fluffily improve?

What gets us out of this ****, is hard tough decisions (quite a few sackings), changes in staff and ****ing hard work.

fail black and white GIF

This is our report card for 2022 as a club

Please though Disco, at the same time (and I say this to everyone ), can we stop with the excuses, and as a fanbase say it how it was and is going forward.

Let's all set the bar higher. Let's not imagine up dream like states as to why we will fluffily improve?

What gets us out of this ****, is hard tough decisions (quite a few sackings), changes in staff and ****ing hard work.

What was the excuse?

What was the excuse?
I was speaking generally.

But you do seem quite content with the results this season, or you often have a reason some form of selection, strategy or tentation is okay most of the time.

I was speaking generally.

But you do seem quite content with the results this season, or you often have a reason some form of selection, strategy or tentation is okay most of the time.
My report card was harsher that the OP.

I'm not content with results but I'm not one to let my emotions cloud my judgement.

The throngs who call for mass sackings, who state around 25 of our squad are reserve graders, who want to play Tommy in the centres or bring in Seibold etc are verging towards hysteria IMO.

Improvements have to be made
* we need a shake up in the coaching team with Dessie to be reviewed through 2023 IMO
*we need Tommy back
*Continued development of the likes of Olakau'atu and Koula will help
*we need a dominant foward to lead the way at prop with Aloiai and Paseks to support
*In fact we need another step forward from Paseka
*We need creativity around the ruck
*DCE needs to be measured.
*Schuster needs show dedication and work on his foity smarts

Plenty to work on, but they are many tweaks to greatly improve the collective.

Report card

Team
: F

Individuals…

Turbo – F
Garrick - A
Harper – C
Parker – C+
Saab – B
Foz – A-
DCE – B +
Aloiai – B-
Croker – B
Paseka – B-
Olakau’atu – A-
Davey – B-
Jake – A-
Walker – A
Schuster – D
Sipley – C+
Keppie – C+
Tuipulotu – B+
Koula – A-
Weekes – B
Vaega – B
Burbo – C
Lawton – F
DeLuis – D+

Coach: D

CEOs, Support staff,others: D-

Owner: E flat

Comment: Can do better. (or maybe not)
With the exception of Garrick, Jake and Foz, everyone gets an F in my book (allowances made for Koula in his debut year, but still had the nerve to walk away from the team v Roosters, and Croker for effort)

Season was clearly an F for failure.

But the more I think about it, the more I think about that great rugby league truism, "winning starts in the front office" ... and therefore we never had a chance.

Someone could probably write a book about it. From the embarrassing demise of Humphreys back on April Fools Day - a massive red flag that the Sea Eagles organisation was devoid of sound corporate governance and accountability - to the even more embarrassing jerseygate, in which Manly became a laughing stock around the world. Penn's board was asleep at the wheel. Presumably Penn doesn't want to fork out the extra dough needed for people who will actually stay awake and actively keep an eye on things.

Is there any other credible explanation? If not, and the front office was indeed the shambles it seems to have been, then failure of the team was only ever a matter of time.

Will be happy to bury this season in the past and go out to enjoy the summer of 22/23. This season was a steaming turd

I'm not content with results but I'm not one to let my emotions cloud my judgement.

The throngs who call for mass sackings, who state around 25 of our squad are reserve graders, who want to play Tommy in the centres or bring in Seibold etc are verging towards hysteria IMO.

* we need a shake up in the coaching team with Dessie to be reviewed through 2023 IMO
*we need Tommy back
*we need a dominant foward to lead the way at prop with Aloiai and Paseks to support

Agree with each and every part of this.

Wholesale sackings is a big overreach.

*we need Tommy back

Well put.

The crux of the matter we just can't accept the same results in 2023.

I’d give DCE nothing higher than D
I think this has been his worst season including origin
DCE only played well in about 2 or 3 games this year and that is absolutely not good enough

I’d give DCE nothing higher than D
I think this has been his worst season including origin
DCE only played well in about 2 or 3 games this year and that is absolutely not good enough
5th in the league for try assists with 20...worth noting

He should be in the top 2

How did you rate his game management?
Poor, there we games that were lost due to him taking the wrong options.

But as always I think there is some hyperbole on this forum. He hasnt had his best year and for his price tag we should expect more, but he aint a lame duck

Poor, there we games that were lost due to him taking the wrong options.

But as always I think there is some hyperbole on this forum. He hasnt had his best year and for his price tag we should expect more, but he aint a lame duck

Hopefully he and the rest of the team as well as the coaching staff turn it around next year.
Last year we rocketed into 4th place demolishing most teams on the way.

I had (and I assume a lot of others did too) high expectations for this year
I remember during that run last year into 4th the Penns come out saying that we should win a premiership within 3 years

It looks like we are nowhere near that now.

Let’s hope that we have a good off season to regroup and recapture the form to compete against the top teams

Season was clearly an F for failure.

But the more I think about it, the more I think about that great rugby league truism, "winning starts in the front office" ... and therefore we never had a chance.
Very well articulated post feathered friend

Great Front Office leaders lead by example and set an example

and not just make an example of others

The sooner they realise this the sooner our club will prosper

Our season was on tilt by Rd 3. Scrapped to a 1 point win at home with a full strength lineup against a sh*thouse dogs team that was getting lapped by everyone else. Backed that up a few weeks later with a 0-38 flogging by Broncos. Turbo injury, other injuries, covid , pride jerseys are all just poor excuses for a club that wasn't unified from the start , not conditioned, not coached effectively and especially not led on the field effectively.

Turbo – D
Garrick - B+
Harper – D
Parker – C+
Saab – D
Foz – B+
DCE – C
Aloiai – B
Croker – C
Paseka – C
Olakau’atu – B
Marty --- D
Davey – C
Jake – B+
Walker – B
Schuster – F
Sipley – C+
Keppie – D
Tuipulotu – C
Koula – D+
Weekes – D+
Vaega – D
Burbo – D
Lawton – D
DeLuis – D

Hasler - B

Last edited:

*we need Tommy back

Sums it up to a T, my hat goes of to you sir.....

Our season was on tilt by Rd 3. Scrapped to a 1 point win at home with a full strength lineup against a sh*thouse dogs team that was getting lapped by everyone else. Backed that up a few weeks later with a 0-38 flogging by Broncos. Turbo injury, other injuries, covid , pride jerseys are all just poor excuses for a club that wasn't unified from the start , not conditioned, not coached effectively and especially not led on the field effectively.
100% Correct and the Fact is ....
All season we failed to build any platform as a team to land a top 8 spot on a consistent basis

Loses expose mediocrity
and Excuses expose Incompetency
Injuries and set backs are part of the game
and overcoming adversity and winning is part of the character of the winning team

We do not want to build a culture on excuses
Building a culture on excuse is like building a house with straws
as soon as finals footy comes all the top 8 teams blow you away

Our New Ceo has come out and said we need to make changes to change from being Mediocre
to Becoming Magnificent Sea eagles once again

Looking forward to an exciting 2023
Looking forward to changing once again in to the Greatest club of all

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8