2022 Jersey/s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our sponsors/partners will be a gambling co, beer co, waste management co and lawyers.
Yeah not big on the first 2.... I get its about teaching your kids but it still sh*ts me (and I AM a gambler) that kids can't sit and watch sports without being bombarded by this type of messaging... putting it on the jersey means the kids can't wear the current jersey without further normalisation of betting...

I get it is the new world of money talks but I don't agree with it... Seems a repeat of the tobacco advertising approach of yesteryear - ie. It is not a problem until it becomes an obvious wide-spread one...

it comes down to a business decision, if we say no to them, someone else will say yes and get their $$. Would be okay if we had many other suitors but we don't
Fwiw... it is the NRL that I have the issue with...

They are addicted to the sponsorship dollars but those dollars would not be offered if they did not lead directly to a much larger growth in revenues for these companies... those extra revenues come straight from the pockets of the NRL's fans/consumers...

I think it is a sh*t (but successful) business model for a game that has constantly changed to accommodat the 'mums and kids' that watch our game...

Anyways, old man rant over...

I'm surprised that no team (that i know of) have worked it into sponsorship arrangements to have a special "Youth Jersey", given that most teams have some kind of mix of alcohol / gambling deals these days. You partner with more youth focused organisations that also sponsor your Junior developments days / meet the player days, and other various things that the kids are involved in. Then you have an additional item to sell to the people who aren't overly keen on having kids running around advertising betting and booze. I know the sponsor free jerseys exist, but the kids i know would prefer not plain. It'd also show a bit of a moral compass by these companies to forgo the space on kids jerseys and probably result in goodwill value in return. Who am i kidding, morals... what are they anymore? Plaster the kids, they are the future!

Would love it if we made the white Jersey that was released with captains name on it the as home jumper. Never owned a nicer Manly Jersey. Something similar anyhow. Not really been a fan of the away one for the past 2 years. Thought the home one was awesome though.

I remember in the 1970s as a kid reading the footy pages in the newspapers they were full of adverts for gambling and right next to the racing pages with results and previews. Same with listening to footy on 2KY, 2GB or ABC, which were always interrupted with race calls. Before Footytab started everyone including my older teenage mates were doing 'pick the round' tickets with bookies. Ch 9 News every Saturday night gave Johnny Tapp five minutes time to show horse races and betting results. In the morning Hey Hey Its Saturday was the lead into Clarence the Clocker.

Last edited:
What is our obsession with Sports Betting companies...
I know that we need sponsors but I am not overly impressed that we sold naming rights to Brookie to f*cking Lottoland (terrible decision) and now we are the Sportsbet Sea-eagles...

Our kids have no chance... gambling has become so f*cking intertwined with sport these days...

Bet you it hasn't. :rofl:

Seeing as Foz's dad is the ceo of air new zealand, and we have the odd kiwi playing for us....

He should get some of that lovely Manly sponsorship opportunities!

Or let me fly business class for free. either or.

In English Premier League you can purchase sponsored or unsponsored jerseys. I recently bought West Ham United home and away jerseys. They have betting sponsorship and on their site you have a choice of sponsored or unsponsored. I wish we had a similar system here with NRL.

I liked the chevrons.

At my age, they were my only chance of getting that nice "V" shape to my chest. :rofl:

I'm currently alternating between a nice "A" shape or just a plain "O".
Chevrons aren't too bad, I just don't like the way it was implemented on this year's jersey - neither here nor there

I liked the 2012-14 chevron jerseys but not nearly as much as the 2011 hoops design.

In English Premier League you can purchase sponsored or unsponsored jerseys. I recently bought West Ham United home and away jerseys. They have betting sponsorship and on their site you have a choice of sponsored or unsponsored. I wish we had a similar system here with NRL.

I think Best & Less do unsponsored jerseys each season.

COYI ⚒️

Dare say home and away will be the same as this year. Just different sponsors.

New Anzac, Indigenous and Community/Member jerseys as well.

Ill do a naked run down the corso on New Years if we dont have new jerseys next year. You can even call me Harry.

The corporate world we now live in means all of the clubs will never miss an opportunity to sell new merch to the faithful.

Just give me a jersey with a big eagle on the front, and a minimum of sponsors' logos, and I'll be happy.

Just give me a jersey with a big eagle on the front, and a minimum of sponsors' logos, and I'll be happy.
Hey @The Who, I know it's not a picture of Lily :) but here's a pic of something available that's kind of like you like. If not it might be a substitute.:)

Manly Retro Jersey.JPG

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8