2021 State of Origin: Maroons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After Reed Mahoney's injury yesterday, Ben Hunt has been called into the Maroons' squad

Why would you let your back-up hooker (arguably the most important position) go play club footy? Dumb decision. But Hunt does go alright at hooker.

What a joke the Queensland media is , sprouting how the Maroons are the underdogs.

Yeah and the tooth fairy is real too!!

Champions from 2020
Home ground advantage with almost Zero Blues fans.

Wankers !!!

Lol

Attachments

• 5E9E12D8-DB0F-4E2E-8A14-7A718BB58485.jpeg
    5E9E12D8-DB0F-4E2E-8A14-7A718BB58485.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 17
Nate Myles once again showing what a dud buy he was for Manly...

But when Queensland assistant Nate Myles joined the panel for the interview, he had an honest take on his view of the “gentlemen’s agreement”.

“S*** no, there’s no gentlemen’s agreement in Origin, we play for keeps,” he said.

Asked to clarify if he believed players would do what they need to do to get a penalty, Myles added: “Mate, if there’s a penalty to be given in the 78th minute and they need one point and they can kick a goal, they’re laying.”

I thoroughly enjoyed the Blues emphatic win, but feel sorry for the good folk of Townsville. Some would have travelled long distances to attend the game and there was very little for them to cheer about. Queensland, except for the first 10-15 minutes, were never in the game.

Origin is origin and the defeated team usually aims up next game. The Maroons two best players, Munster & Grant, came back from injury and were underdone. They will be better next game. Also Ponga & Papalii should be available.

Last year was an aberration - should have been a threepeat for the Blues. Unfortunately, Bennett outcoached Fittler in game three. It remains to be seen whether Green is a capable Origin coach - doesn't look promising for him.

Maroons were weak, which of course is highly unusual. Their lack of depth was exposed. Losing Welsh proved critical, if they had Papa and the Collins might have been a different story.

just where they played their first games
Oh that old Furphy, Ingliss played his first game in NSW for the Bowraville Tigers and his first game as an adult for Hunter High.He was born in Kempsey, which last time I looked was in NSW. By 2004 he was playing for Norths and was Re-Born as a Queenslander.

Fair enough, I actually don't care about interstate rivalry, just have watched Origin to see a cracking game, which is how they have been. In the past!

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4