2021 squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lumelume will replace JAC or the other Fijian who is going to rugby.
Probably, but he is off contract according to the link below, is a Sydney lad & may like to return home. Don't think he is super fast, but appears strong & reliable. Has played for NSW under 20's

Welch is a plodder that will struggle away from the melb system.
Welch has starred in some games this year & is a QLD origin player. Btw, I don't think we need to sign any new props.

Last edited:
What I think will happen round 1:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tevita Funa
3. Moses Suli
4. Dylan Walker
5. Hopoate or Saab if signed
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Cade Cust
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gowieski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (vc)

14. Kieran Foran
15. Sean Keppie
16. Haumole Ola'kautau
17. Luke Garner
——————
Manase Fainu will come straight onto the bench if he wins his case, with a view to starting once he has 4 or so weeks under his belt.
Sione Fainu
Ben Trbojevic
Morgan Harper
Brad Parker

I think Crocker and Garrick will be tapped on the shoulder.

Last edited:
What I WANT to happen round 1:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Corey Allan
3. Moses Suli
4. Tevita Funa
5. Albert Hopoate or Saab (best man wins)
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Jake Trbojevic (vc)
9. Cade Cust
10. Martin Taupau
11. Sitili Tupouniua
12. Luke Garner
13. Curtis Sironen

14. Kieran Foran
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Ola'kautau
——————
I think this could become the best bench in the comp.
——————
Jack Gowieski
Sione Fainu
Ben Trbojevic
Morgan Harper
Brad Parker

* released: Dylan Walker and Boyle to Dogs, Crocker and Garrick

Manase Fainu will come straight onto the bench if he wins his case, with a view to starting once he has 4 or so weeks under his belt.

Last edited:
What I think will happen round 1:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tevita Funa
3. Moses Suli
4. Dylan Walker
5. Hopoate or Saab if signed
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Cade Cust
10. Martin Taupau
11. Jack Gowieski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (vc)

14. Kieran Foran
15. Sean Keppie
16. Haumole Ola'kautau
17. Luke Garner
——————
Sione Fainu
Ben Trbojevic
Morgan Harper
Brad Parker

I think Crocker and Garrick will be tapped on the shoulder.

that’s a good side. I reckon sione is built for 6 again he may replace keppie mid way through the season.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Someone said the club has approached PVL re Fainu due to the extraordinary circumstances so I’m wondering if in fact this was the reason Levi wasn’t re-signed ??

Not that I think Levi is a gun but given our situation I’m thinking his release might in fact be due to this , thoughts anyone ?

Someone said the club has approached PVL re Fainu due to the extraordinary circumstances so I’m wondering if in fact this was the reason Levi wasn’t re-signed ??

Not that I think Levi is a gun but given our situation I’m thinking his release might in fact be due to this , thoughts anyone ?
Im certain the club has had discussions with the NRL regarding this. If Faniu does have to sit out most of the season again i would be concerned with our lack of a genuine hooker, it was a disaster this year, and with Cust/Crocker maybe sharing duties if Dez does play Foran at 6 it will be hard to watch

Im certain the club has had discussions with the NRL regarding this. If Faniu does have to sit out most of the season again i would be concerned with our lack of a genuine hooker, it was a disaster this year, and with Cust/Crocker maybe sharing duties if Dez does play Foran at 6 it will be hard to watch
We simply can’t go into season 2021 with croker/cust as our 9 options we will be bottom 4 team instantly if we do sadly.

I think regardless of who we get we should squeeze the roosters and throw offers at Sitili Tupouinua, Sam Verrills and Angus Chricton (only to try take one). On their forum they view Chricton as the second coming of christ atm (many saying they should make him captain to retain him) yet concede one of Tupouinua/Chricton will be takeable with Cordner locked in and Tupouinua's contract value rising plenty this season. Win win because Telegraph reported Chricton will have to take a big pay cut to stay and I believe Tupouinua is on something like 200K or less at the moment as well (probably similar for Verrills). If we put the pressure on the Roosters by throwing big money at all three players, Roosters will have to up their offers and/or let one go. We could bring forward the Roosters cap plans by making them try upgrade these players contracts a year or two early and really stuff them up. Maybe even add Daniel Tupou to that list. Someone will pull and AFB and they'll have no choice given their cap tightening.

I'd prefer in order, Tupouinua (most value for money), Chricton, then Verrills (could shift to lock once/if Fainu ever returns and be the 9 fix we've been searching for in the meantime). Both Tupouinua and Chricton have had big seasons, Tupouinua value increasing, Chricton said to have to take a big pay cut to stay, we have money and need a mobile lock/second-rower... something has to give.

I think regardless of who we get we should squeeze the roosters and throw offers at Sitili Tupouinua, Sam Verrills and Angus Chricton (only to try take one). On their forum they view Chricton as the second coming of christ atm (many saying they should make him captain to retain him) yet concede one of Tupouinua/Chricton will be takeable with Cordner locked in and Tupouinua's contract value rising plenty this season. Win win because Telegraph reported Chricton will have to take a big pay cut to stay and I believe Tupouinua is on something like 200K or less at the moment as well (probably similar for Verrills). If we put the pressure on the Roosters by throwing big money at all three players, Roosters will have to up their offers and/or let one go. We could bring forward the Roosters cap plans by making them try upgrade these players contracts a year or two early and really stuff them up. Maybe even add Daniel Tupou to that list. Someone will pull and AFB and they'll have no choice given their cap tightening.

I'd prefer in order, Tupouinua (most value for money), Chricton, then Verrills (could shift to lock once/if Fainu ever returns and be the 9 fix we've been searching for in the meantime). Both Tupouinua and Chricton have had big seasons, Tupouinua value increasing, Chricton said to have to take a big pay cut to stay, we have money and need a mobile lock/second-rower... something has to give.
The first step would be to invite them for a game of golf at one of our beautiful Northern Beaches courses.
Step two: source a big brown bag.

The first step would be to invite them for a game of golf at one of our beautiful Northern Beaches courses.
Step two: source a big brown bag.
(DISCLAIMER)
  • The following is a re-enactment of Humphreys, Bozo and Des sourcing brown paper bags
  • May or may not be a dramatisation of real events

What I WANT to happen round 1:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Corey Allan
3. Moses Suli
4. Tevita Funa
5. Albert Hopoate or Saab (best man wins)
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Jake Trbojevic (vc)
9. Cade Cust
10. Martin Taupau
11. Sitili Tupouniua
12. Luke Garner
13. Curtis Sironen

14. Kieran Foran
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Haumole Ola'kautau
——————
I think this could become the best bench in the comp.
——————
Jack Gowieski
Sione Fainu
Ben Trbojevic
Morgan Harper
Brad Parker

* released: Dylan Walker and Boyle to Dogs, Crocker and Garrick

Where's Parker? I know, I know he's too fragile to be a forward, as is being stated. Yet another comment stated one of the reasons Penrith are doing well is smaller, faster forwards. I know, I know the objections. Still think he'd make a decent back rower.

Where's Parker? I know, I know he's too fragile to be a forward, as is being stated. Yet another comment stated one of the reasons Penrith are doing well is smaller, faster forwards. I know, I know the objections. Still think he'd make a decent back rower.
I don't disagree that he could make the transition, I just think he would be down the list no matter which way he goes. I see his role more as a solid back-up than in the 17.

OK, so two posters have marked my team list with a dirty big red X....poo on ya face! Both of youse!

How dare you refuse to appease my need for gratification and acceptance - do you know how much my therapist costs?! You can take that letter X and shove it up ya Y and Z respectively!

I know what I'm talking about...I've watch lot's of games and even commentate in front of the TV...tell me I'm wrong...pair of ingrates...I hope you order-in tonight and they spit in your food.

Benchmark Perspective ...
We need dynamic players and not just decent to become as force once again
Decent can only take you so far .

OK, so two posters have marked my team list with a dirty big red X....poo on ya face! Both of youse!

How dare you refuse to appease my need for gratification and acceptance - do you know how much my therapist costs?! You can take that letter X and shove it up ya Y and Z respectively!

I know what I'm talking about...I've watch lot's of games and even commentate in front of the TV...tell me I'm wrong...pair of ingrates...I hope you order-in tonight and they spit in your food.
Rejection is a terrible thing isn’t it ??

Would love Sitili and think Garner would be a welcome addition. Throw in Saab and Jennings on the wings and looking good. But we need another HOOKER. Cust and Crocker won't be good enough, will be 2020 all over again

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4