2021 Rumoured and confirmed signings (NON-DISCUSSION THREAD).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1606434988174.png

Gibbs jnr makes mark

Many remember Dr Nathan Gibbs as a dynamic back-rower for Souths and Parramatta. Well, Nathan’s son is set to make his mark with Manly, where Nathan is the club doctor. Jude Gibbs, a skilful five-eighth, has been signed by the Sea Eagles.

Josh Aloiai signs with us

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have landed one of the NRL’s best young props with the signing of Josh Aloiai on a three-year-deal.

Aloiai will be a welcome addition to the Manly pack and brings 90 games of NRL experience with him after making his NRL debut for the Wests Tigers in 2016.

The 25-year-old was released from the final year of his Wests Tigers contract for 2021 after agreeing to join Manly in 2022 and beyond.
Sea Eagles CEO Stephen Humphreys welcomed Josh to Manly.

“I have no doubt that his on field contributions will be immense and he will also support our existing leadership group in ensuring that our standards and culture are that of a high performance and winning organisation.

“I’d like to acknowledge and thank the Wests Tigers for agreeing to release Josh so he can immediately join the Sea Eagles.”

Aloiai will join an impressive front-row at Manly next season alongside the likes of international Martin Taupau, Taniela Paseka, Sean Keppie, Morgan Boyle, and Toff Sipley.

A hard running prop with a high work ethic, Aloiai enjoyed his best year in the NRL in 2020.

In his debut year in the NRL, Aloiai become the first player in the Wests Tigers history to play every game in their debut year despite suffering a broken hand midway through the season.

He has also played two Tests for Samoa.

Josh Aloiai Profile
DOB: 11/11/1995

Birthplace: Auckland, NZ

Junior Club: Glenora Bears

Height: 189cm

Weight: 106kg

Position: Prop

NRL Debut: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors, 05/03/2016, Rd 1

Previous Clubs: Wests Tigers (2016-20), Parramatta Eels

NRL Career: 90 games, 11 tries

Representative: Samoa 2018-19 (2 Tests)

clarkeys.rl.column Former Manly Sea Eagles young-gun Albert Hopoate spent this morning touring the Canberra Raiders training facilities, per sources.
___
Hopoate, 19, is considered one of the best teenage talents in the country. He has played five NRL games with the Sea Eagles, but is looking to secure his future elsewhere.
___
I also understand several other clubs are watching his situation closely and his manager is being kept very busy.

CUT-PRICE STAR NO ONE WANTS

Gareth Widdop is desperate for a return to Australia and is offering his services at a cut-price rate.

Only problem is the former Dragons star can’t find any takers.

Wide World of Sports reports the English ace, currently plying his trade in the Super League with Warrington, has told NRL clubs he is willing to play for half-price, such is his desire to return down under to be closer to his children.

He was offered the Cowboys who have lost young gun half Jake Clifford to the Knights but as yet they have been unable to find enough space in their cap.

Not all hope is lost, however, with the NRL still to finalise the salary cap and roster size for clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4