2020 Sea Eagles Junior Reps news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How the hell did they play there today? I assumed would be postponed, most games were.

Mate,you should see the name of one young Qld islander kid I was looking at yesterday..I am not joking it was almost the entire alphabet,it took about 7-8 seconds to promounce it if I could even get it right....it was about 10-12 syllables Tuilololakeifuitoahekilatafoa or something,god knows what the parents were thinking.
Rabbits is getting out of broadcasting at the right time. How difficult is it becoming trying to commentate when you have players with unpronounceable names?

That Manly 'kid' in the opening photo looks like he's in the wrong age/weight division. He should be playing against men!
I've noticed over the last few years how Manly teams are full of big boppers. It seems to be a deliberate selection ploy.

Manly then had a try disallowed next to the posts after the referee ruled a knock-on with six minutes remaining. ....

Seems about right re: refs

That Manly 'kid' in the opening photo looks like he's in the wrong age/weight division. He should be playing against men!
I've noticed over the last few years how Manly teams are full of big boppers. It seems to be a deliberate selection ploy.
I know what you mean,but I think it is a good move tatically and for the club.
Those big front rowers may not kick on and get found out later on when they have to rely on more than size,but it is good for the junior sides as a whole.Those big front rowers allow us to make ground and it then allows the club to see what they have with the other skill guys like halves/dummy halves etc...as they are playing off the front foot.A good player can be hard to spot if they do not get a chance to show what they can do and are doing nothing but defend or trying to do something with the defence swarming the attack all game.
It also helps to attract other players to the club if they know that they are playing with a side that has a strong chance of success.Defence is something that can be worked on as they progress through the ranks...it makes assessing a young player easier if they are allowed to showcase their skills more.
As we have seen through our current junors those big guys seem to have a fairly high success rate of kicking on...

Have to assume that most other Sydney based Mathews and Ball sides would be adopting a similar intention in trying to recruit and develop big or solidly built young props . Still have that young Saddler and Siona Fainu as big units [ well Saddler anyway , not sure about Fainu ] waiting for an opportunity at Manly soon as well . Bob Fulton liked having big men upfront as a preference , looks like Des has and had a similar approach .

Team List Tuesday V Balmain

Harold Matts team

SG Ball team

Mate,you should see the name of one young Qld islander kid I was looking at yesterday..I am not joking it was almost the entire alphabet,it took about 7-8 seconds to pronounce it if I could even get it right....it was about 10-12 syllables Tuilololakeifuitoahekilatafoa or something,god knows what the parents were thinking.
It’s probably an in-house joke with the Islander families on who can come up with the longest and most difficult names to pronounce. The parents probably sit at home pissing themselves listening to Rabbits, Gus, and Blocker try and pronounce them.:p

Did a search and in August last year Wilson was selected in the emerging U16’s Waratah squad - with a camp to be held in September. Looks like he is on Rugby’s radar.
Wow. Pity. Career suicide. Hope he comes back to league before it is too late.

Mate,you should see the name of one young Qld islander kid I was looking at yesterday..I am not joking it was almost the entire alphabet,it took about 7-8 seconds to pronounce it if I could even get it right....it was about 10-12 syllables Tuilololakeifuitoahekilatafoa or something,god knows what the parents were thinking.
There's a youngster playing 9s this weekend for Tigers who has a surname with about 2000 letters
Good luck to those commentators

Wow. Pity. Career suicide. Hope he comes back to league before it is too late.
I think he got injured in the last round of 2019 and was missing from our finals team in week 1 when we lost to bunnies.I think he is still with us but is probably recovering.
We have quite a few guys in the emerging Waratahs...Koula,Cummins,Faatui,it doesn't mean they are gone as they play both codes.
We just have to convince them to stick with league.

I think he got injured in the last round of 2019 and was missing from our finals team in week 1 when we lost to bunnies.I think he is still with us but is probably recovering.
We have quite a few guys in the emerging Waratahs...Koula,Cummins,Faatui,it doesn't mean they are gone as they play both codes.
We just have to convince them to stick with league.
I think he might have done his ACL

The Ball team were down 18-0 at halftime before storming back to take the lead 22-18 with 17 mins to go. Two of their tries came while they only had 11 players on the field!! NSWRL site says two sin bins at the 35 min (half time) mark. Unfortunately Balmain scored the winning converted try with 4 to go.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8