2020 recruits (just dreaming)

I rate Ryan Matterson highly and believe he could add a lot to our squad. However if we believe what we are reading in the paper he might not be a good fit into out tight squad.

We had Tetevano and sacked him before playing a single game due to his off field behaviour.

In all truth, Tetevano is strong and pretty handy, but the depth for 2020 would have him in Blacktown with only a few injuries bringing him into calculation for a spot on the bench....not a spot requiring strengthening....though I think our side in 2020 will exceed who is needed, with players in key position ready to burst onto the NRL.

I’ve seen a few posts about Simona, can’t quite get the fascination with him?
He was good at his days at the tigers. Plus has a fair bit of NRL experience. If cleared would be a handy player to have in the 30 considering he would be on minimum wage. Can't really go wrong

I don't see Tetavano adding a lot to our squad. I'm quite happy with our forward depth now that Thommo is staying. I think we will see improvement in Paseka, Sippers, Keppie, Jetski, Duck, and Quac. So we are probably Ok on that front. We'll probably lose Perrett so that just opens the door for another of the BWSE crew to throw their hand up. It's a pity we didn't hang onto Amone, but another year or two and we might have that next wave of young guns coming through

Ash Taylor - not a bad footballer on his day, but i just don't think him and DCE would work as a pair. Both a bit flaky for my liking

I was always a big fan of Simona at the Tigers, skillful footballer with nice footwork. If the NRL are prepared to cut Matthew Lodge a lifeline then surely what Simona did was no worse. If he can cover fullback as claimed then he might be an option to take Elliott's utility role.

Matterson - we'd never be able to afford him, but he'd pretty much walk into most NRL sides so he'd be a good get

The Sea Eagles I feel have their forward line up set and don't really need more, other than as backup. Its in the backs we need a little more spark. DCE, Tom T. Suli and Garrett are set I feel. Hopefully the Newcastle kid will show enough to take a wing place. But then we have to find a place at some stage for Albert Hoppa, Schuster and a little later Ben T. And then there's Walker. Do we keep him? Parker, Taufua and Elliott are good backups, though I still feel Parker would thrive in the forwards. Not sure we need much more.

Would not surprise me if were done , no incomings at all just youngsters getting a chance.

Forwards are great, backs aren’t but we have a few coming through.

This is on the assumption Walker stays.

Ok we have a strong pack, but IF there was a player to add steel, would be Jai Arrow (price would be out of reach)....this pack would destroy any with his inclusion, but to be fair to our youngsters......like Keppie, Olakau'atu and young prop Fainu, already an abundance of talent in the forwards.

Des is only interested in winning a GF posters getting excited about bringing in all these exciting young players who have gone well in under 20s or whatever
Is just not going to happen
The players who had poor finals games would be the ones most likely to be replaced
Allow me to name just a few
Parker, Elliot, Jorge, Perot,
The let’s wait and see group
Boyale, Keppie, Waddell, (Waddell went better then I expected)
No doubt Des has a few players in mind to build a team around
Tom,Dce,Walker,Fainu,Jake, Taupau, AFB, and then it’s just adding from available players

So you automatically resort to an insult as soon as someone disagrees with you?What do his premiership rings have to do with anything?You said that he is unwanted by them,so why the hell would we want him?I have seen him play many times and he is nothing more than anything we have now.Maybe we should throw a lot of money at Aubusson,he has a couple of rings too,you seem to be fascinated by rings......We have 6 props contracted for next year,yeah,lets throw more money at a position we have well filled.
They keep under the cap by keeping what they need and turning over players they can replace with cheaper options. He's not what they need anymore but he is what we need. We might have 6 props but only 4 of them are any good. Boyle and Peseka can move on as far as I'm concerned.

They keep under the cap by keeping what they need and turning over players they can replace with cheaper options. He's not what they need anymore but he is what we need. We might have 6 props but only 4 of them are any good. Boyle and Peseka can move on as far as I'm concerned.
They are moving him on because they want to give game time to their young middles like Faamausili,Collins,Butcher and Fifita(a young tyro),why should we reduce the game time of our young up and comers who have more upside?Develop what we have and don't waste game time on a guy who has reached his ceiling.Des brought in Boyle and extended Paseka shortly after he arrived so I doubt either of them are going anywhere,I trust Des judgement on them...

Last edited:
So you automatically resort to an insult as soon as someone disagrees with you?What do his premiership rings have to do with anything?You said that he is unwanted by them,so why the hell would we want him?I have seen him play many times and he is nothing more than anything we have now.Maybe we should throw a lot of money at Aubusson,he has a couple of rings too,you seem to be fascinated by rings......We have 6 props contracted for next year,yeah,lets throw more money at a position we have well filled.

You're right. What an angry person! Sounds like posters on The kennel...

I'm not a fan of Lance but Tent could be as good as Nelson Unpronounceable from the Storm. He is getting better as he matures and it was a shame he misses a lot of football because of injury.
I just don't see it in him. He's as big as a house but he doesn't have and aggressive bone in his body. So looks like Nelson Asofa-Solimona but doesn't play like him. Boyle is another plodder and Perrett is gone. We have goid uo and comers in Keppie and Siomey but I'll take a dual premiership winner (presumably) over Peseka and Boyle and anyone at blacktown anyday.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2