2020 recruits (just dreaming)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don’t worry I watch the games very closely plus replays to see where we are weak and which players are not up to speed
Like I said building toward next year Des will review the reality of that South loss and come up with the same conclusion that I have ..
To keep it simple
Start with the players that handled playing finals football better and then add the rest
Whoever they are
Parker and Jorge are part of our left side defensive structure who have done a great job
But with all the ball Walker gives him how often do we see him try to bring Jorge into the game ?
That’s it time to sleep
I have some scathing thought about how Dc went against Souths to......but later
I guess Des will have to find room to employ you as his match video analyst & advisor on player retention. By your reckoning we really need to get rid of most of the team that played against Souths. Seriously mate if you think we played that badly in the game then I don't know what else to say.

I guess Des will have to find room to employ you as his match video analyst & advisor on player retention. By your reckoning we really need to get rid of most of the team that played against Souths. Seriously mate if you think we played that badly in the game then I don't know what else to say.

We played fine, really fine but did make a few dumb and costly errors.

AND, given we had major contributors on the side line, that’s ok.

Have a feeling the experience will do wonders for the team next year , they’ll know what it takes to win tough finals.

You’ve misconstrued what I’m getting at ,so if you don’t get it let’s wait and see how this all pans out next season
Time to move on and we’ll chat another day :emo:

Last edited:
So the squad for next year is taking shape

Confirmed as signed for 2020 and most likely locks for top 30 squad

Turbo
Horhay
Parker
Suli
Garrick
Walker
DCE
AFB
Fainu
Kapow
Thommo
Siro
Jake
Paseka
Sipley
Jetski
Waddell
Boyle
Keppie
Elliot
(20 No. in total)

Current Top 30 Players released / retired

Api
Elgey
Hodko

Current top 30 / development players not signed or contract status not 100% known for next year

Croker (keeper most likely)
Cust - (keeper)
Funa
Kioa
Perrett
Hoppa - (keeper)
Guaca - (keeper)
Anderson
Miski

Signed for next year and possible Top 30 fringe players or development squad

Schuster - will have to be in top 30 or development squad for 2020
Metcalf - currently on development squad
Smith - currently in top 30 squad for this year
Musgrove - was in Knights development squad so should be in ours you would think

Others that may be in mix ??

ZDC
T-Rex
Simona
Saunders
Burbo - not sure if he will be old enough next year or not ??

So I think we are a hooker short in the squad unless they see ZDC as the answer there, but if Nase goes down we might be in some Barney Rubble. Forward depth looks good to me - 6 props, and Jetski, Waddell and Guaca backrow cover. Halves depth a bit light on with only Cust having NRL experience - so that's why I'm thinking we keep Croker too. Outside back depth a bit unknown with only really Elliot proven at that level. Miski OK but looks likely only to provide cover on wing. Funa, Kioa, Smith, Musgrove all unkown propositions. Hoppa most likely will cut it at that level if better judges than I are anything to go by. That's where someone like Simona may be very handy if he could get clearance. Schuster will have to be in 30 squad/development list somewhere as I suspect that would have been a big part of his contract extension - but I reckon he will be more likely be used in the backrow off the bench if he does get a crack.

So I reckon we have 26 out of the 29 initial squad probably locked in. Think we should be chasing a hooker with NRL experience and I'd like another NRL quality outside back. Not sure we'll have much cash floating around though with all the recent extensions and upgrades - especially if we are trying to lock the Turbos away long term before they become "free agents" in a month.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8