2020 recruits (just dreaming)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Two guys I'd like us to look at for 2020. Both unwanted by their current clubs and free to look for a new home. Also, I obviously have no idea where the salary cap sits either. But here goes.

Zane Tetavano.

Would be the 3rd best front rower in our club easily. Imagine that rotation. Tapau AFB Tetavano Sipley and Keppie. Some real grunt and depth as well

Ash Taylor.

I know probably 100% of you will hate that selection. But i think not playing the dominant half would get him back on track. That and a change of scenery. We've all seen what he can do and trying to carry a totally misfiring Titans team for the last 2 years would have been a massive task for even Cronk or DCE. With the Titans paying most of his freight I reckon he'd be worth it.

Trebojevic
Taufua
Walker
Suli / Parker
Garrick
Taylor
DCE
AFB
Fainu
Tapau
Sironen
Thompson
Trebojevic

Waddell
Gosiewski
Tetavano
Keppie

Cust
Sipley
Boyle
Paseka

Bring Simona and trex into the 30 ( NRL clearance provided) and if like us to go after matterson considering thommo is on his last year.

Can't see Manly wanting to sign a bloke they sacked 3 years ago.

As for Taylor......no thanks. His head is just not into footy at the moment.

Tetevano would not be top 3,he would not be top 6.I would have Andy Saunders as the 7th prop ahead of him....

Yeah good call you peanut. He's played 73 games for the Roosters in the 3 years he's been there and it's likely he'll also play in his second grand final. He can bring his premiership rings to brookvale as far as I'm concerned.

I would like to see us sign young guns like Ben Trob, Shuster, Albert Hoppa, young Fainu....oops we got em already!!
In fairness, if talking some fantasy footy I take Remis Smith or young Raider Simmonson as outside back options and not Massive coin....

I’ve seen a few posts about Simona, can’t quite get the fascination with him?
Was.....very good at Tigers a few moons ago....but has plenty ahead of him from what I have seen, especially with all the youngsters who will be lining up at pre season 2020

Two guys I'd like us to look at for 2020. Both unwanted by their current clubs and free to look for a new home. Also, I obviously have no idea where the salary cap sits either. But here goes.

Zane Tetavano.

Would be the 3rd best front rower in our club easily. Imagine that rotation. Tapau AFB Tetavano Sipley and Keppie. Some real grunt and depth as well

Ash Taylor.

I know probably 100% of you will hate that selection. But i think not playing the dominant half would get him back on track. That and a change of scenery. We've all seen what he can do and trying to carry a totally misfiring Titans team for the last 2 years would have been a massive task for even Cronk or DCE. With the Titans paying most of his freight I reckon he'd be worth it.

Trebojevic
Taufua
Walker
Suli / Parker
Garrick
Taylor
DCE
AFB
Fainu
Tapau
Sironen
Thompson
Trebojevic

Waddell
Gosiewski
Tetavano
Keppie

Cust
Sipley
Boyle
Paseka
Why on earth would you stick with Taufua? he wopuld not be selected in any other side in the NRL - lacks pace, terrible hands, constantly error prone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Think Des is not big on bringing in too many $$$ players. I think we need to cover Api as backup to Fainu who should be starting next year. Issac Luke will do the job on a one or two year deal if price is right. Not much tinkering required. Plenty of young blokes to cover backline, Maybe Hoppa will push Taufua onto benck if no Luke - anyone else think Taufua as a utility off the bench? Can see him causing damage out of dummy half with strong runs but will need to work on ball playing.

Yeah good call you peanut. He's played 73 games for the Roosters in the 3 years he's been there and it's likely he'll also play in his second grand final. He can bring his premiership rings to brookvale as far as I'm concerned.
So you automatically resort to an insult as soon as someone disagrees with you?What do his premiership rings have to do with anything?You said that he is unwanted by them,so why the hell would we want him?I have seen him play many times and he is nothing more than anything we have now.Maybe we should throw a lot of money at Aubusson,he has a couple of rings too,you seem to be fascinated by rings......We have 6 props contracted for next year,yeah,lets throw more money at a position we have well filled.

I’ve seen a few posts about Simona, can’t quite get the fascination with him?
He has an intriguing skill set Mark,he is probably not a top option at centre,he is about 90kgs which is pretty light for a modern centre, but he has some real potential as a 5/8 or fullback.He could be a handy depth player,but I seriously doubt the NRL/Toddy will give him the rubber stamp for next year,#yearafternextyear?

Peanut? Pray tell who this Premier Prop would displace in the Manly squad....AFB, Marty, Paseka, Sipley, Keppie, Boyle, Jake....7 props that wipe the floor with Tetevano,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4