2020 recruitment wish list

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wonder how much attention at present by Manly to re sign Sipley , fully fit would seem well worth retaining on a realistic contract and to then make 5 well rated props[ and two exceptional ] in a top Manly 30 . If Schuster starts with a development contract , Young Hoppa stays in the top 30 , Parker , Cust , Croker and Jet Ski stay on , T Rex and Simona can still offer something , maybe not too many more positions to be required to cover . Not too sure how much Elgey or Sam Smith may be able to contribute with the general expected make up of the top 30 next season though .
Forgot young Fanu , definitely worth retaining , not too far off i st grade also from what he has shown this season and when not out injured .

Wonder how much attention at present by Manly to re sign Sipley , fully fit would seem well worth retaining on a realistic contract and to then make 5 well rated props[ and two exceptional ] in a top Manly 30 . If Schuster starts with a development contract , Young Hoppa stays in the top 30 , Parker , Cust , Croker and Jet Ski stay on , T Rex and Simona can still offer something , maybe not too many more positions to be required to cover . Not too sure how much Elgey or Sam Smith may be able to contribute with the general expected make up of the top 30 next season though .

Read on Twitter in the NRL bit showcasing Schuster, rumoured to be off to the Tigers.

I’d be stunned if we hold onto him. You just can’t keep them all, and his price for potential would probably be too much with all of the other signings yet to be done.
This is one we would be crazy to let go of. If he doesn’t turn out to be a superstar then I know nothing about the game. I have said for a few years now that he is the best prospect I’ve ever seen. He is no Aaron Groom, this guy is the real deal.

I’d loose players to keep him.

This is one we would be crazy to let go of. If he doesn’t turn out to be a superstar then I know nothing about the game. I have said for a few years now that he is the best prospect I’ve ever seen. He is no Aaron Groom, this guy is the real deal.

Hope Des can sort this out.

I think he is a talent,but.....I had a poster here who claimed he was his older brother(yeah,I cannot confirm that he is and said so and will not name the poster).His view was that Josh saw his future as a 5/8 and not the forwards(maybe did not want to be a guy playing in the forwards with more lucrative options in the halves?)Lets face it,there is more money to be earned playing in the halves than an edge backrower...
I think it comes down to what the guy wants for himself and what his manager is telling him,if the Tigers or others want to pay overs and are deperate to do so,then let them.Maybe he will be the next superstar,but until he has proven himself against better opponents than 18 year olds then maybe we should show some restraint/caution before committing big money to guys who are a gamble when we have guys who are doing the job for us and being successful.
Maybe Des does not view him as a 5/8 and is not prepared to throw that sort of money at him when we have guys who have been successful for him this year and deserve a raise.Des is known for being loyal to his players who have done a job for him...I certainly hope we don't let him go and he becomes a superstar elsewhere though....Coen Hess was viewed by many here as a superstar that we should chase and throw big money at,but when asked to be a starter and play 80 minutes has been found seriously wanting.maybe he will lift in the years to come,but who knows....

I think he is a talent,but.....I had a poster here who claimed he was his older brother(yeah,I cannot confirm that he is and said so and will not name the poster).His view was that Josh saw his future as a 5/8 and not the forwards(maybe did not want to be a guy playing in the forwards with more lucrative options in the halves?)Lets face it,there is more money to be earned playing in the halves than an edge backrower...
I think it comes down to what the guy wants for himself and what his manager is telling him,if the Tigers or others want to pay overs and are deperate to do so,then let them.Maybe he will be the next superstar,but until he has proven himself against better opponents than 18 year olds then maybe we should show some restraint/caution before committing big money to guys who are a gamble when we have guys who are doing the job for us and being successful.
Maybe Des does not view him as a 5/8 and is not prepared to throw that sort of money at him when we have guys who have been successful for him this year and deserve a raise.Des is known for being loyal to his players who have done a job for him...I certainly hope we don't let him go and he becomes a superstar elsewhere though....Coen Hess was viewed by many here as a superstar that we should chase and throw big money at,but when asked to be a starter and play 80 minutes has been found seriously wanting.maybe he will lift in the years to come,but who knows....
I understand the logic and I would agree 99% of the time - just not in his case. I also don’t see Cohen Hess as anything compared to Schuster. I know he is young, but people have a tendency to to go to the extreme of never taking a chance on a young guy if it means paying good money. We need to be able to identify the exception to the rule - I am convinced he is it, though I completely respect your considered view.

I understand the logic and I would agree 99% of the time - just not in his case. I also don’t see Cohen Hess as anything compared to Schuster. I know he is young, but people have a tendency to to go to the extreme of never taking a chance on a young guy if it means paying good money. We need to be able to identify the exception to the rule - I am convinced he is it, though I completely respect your considered view.
Yeah,I know where you are coming from,he comes across as a potential once in a generation type of talent.I just don't want to get into a bidding war for him,I hear reports of him staying for a development contract for 2020,but I think he was already contracted and it is more of an upgrade for 2020 probably.I hope he stays but if Des views him as a backrower and we are signing Walker on a potential 4 year contract or so then I don't know if we will be able to throw halves money at an edge backrower.I will be ticked if we lose him though.....If his manager is Moses then he can piss off now though,I don't want that joke(putting it politely) anyway associated with any of our players if possible.

I say hold the current squad best as possible and rather than look outside our own backyard, offer the Schuster , Hoppa types some sort of upgrades that are enough to keep them on.....The other fringe NRL players are already on hand for depth rather than getting more journey men from other clubs, keep the Manly culture tight and it will pay off....I get the outside back call and had called for Oates/Rapana type or as mentioned above, for value and potential this Raider winger Simonsson has looked great and would be a prime target, but Funa and a healthy Albert Hopoate may offer as much or more before we know it.

Since he is at the end of his career he could come at good value for a year or two off the bench, i think James Graham would really suit us and play the BK role perfectly.- seems like he hates being at the merge maybe dessie can drag him over

• Clever
Reactions: R3

What position does he play

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8