Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
Clearly Fainu is out for a long while, whether it be due to his court case or his shoulder infection/injury.

We need an experienced 9.

We historically have made 9's out of Toovey and Monaghan, but, they were really experienced First Grader's when they moved to 9, whereas Cust and Croker are not. Potentially Cust and Croker are reasonable options, but they are not yet established first graders and so it's a massive risk.

If I was Des, I'd be saying to Croker and Cust "I respect you as a player, but this position is not your natural position. By putting you in this position that you are not used to, you could impact on the team's performance and neither, you, the team or I would want that to happen. It's unfair to everyone, but especially you and I don't want that happen, as you have significant talent in your own position and you will get your opportunity to participate, where you play best, for the benefit of the team and you."

I pity poor Levi under Donny, as I bet he is in for a huge shock.

The only thing I worry about is that if Des perceives Levi has a defensive issue, he may end up with a shoulder injury pre-season.

Yeah I don't see hype in the roster either, outside ponga and klemmer.
Me neither, Ponga goes missing too often and Klemmer spends to much time mouthing off at opponents.

Apart from those two and Pearce the rest are good first graders, nothing more.

Me neither, Ponga goes missing too often and Klemmer spends to much time mouthing off at opponents.

Apart from those two and Pearce the rest are good first graders, nothing more.
Klemmer go no off load in him,roosters discards like Guerra and Watson are tripe. Saifiti bros are okay but johns hype does not much reality.

Klemmer go no off load in him,roosters discards like Guerra and Watson are tripe. Saifiti bros are okay but johns hype does not much reality.
They’ve paid overs for average players, must have hired someone from the Titans as their list manager.

I don’t know mate. For ages it wouldn’t let me do it, and I relied on GE, Happily Manly, and another poster who’s name I can’t recall. If I quote stuff from the DT I’ll make sure I put up the link for you.

Every time I post a DT article...I then have to scrub my body with turps.

(and not in a good way)

Still nothing !!,
Anyone else thinking the current Kiwi coach who also has NO hooker may grab him in a final last minute deal from under our noses ?
McCulloch may be available ??Would like his 50 tackles a game ,but thats about it !

Youngster Jake Turpin looks set to beat former Queensland State of Origin rep Andrew McCullough for the Brisbane hooking spot in a sign a major changes at the Broncos this season.

After a dismal finish to their 2019 campaign, the Broncos are a club in need of a shake-up - and McCullough looks likely to be among the first to go.

The veteran hooker is still highly regarded at Red Hill and he is a 50-tackles-a-game man who can hold up the middle.

Tigers have Liddle and possibly even Billy Walters to cover rake - so I don't know that they'd be in the market for Levi

I noticed the other day that McCullough was off contract - he's got experience and is a solid defender but lacks creativity. He'd only work if Des wants an 80 minute tackling machine to hold middle strong and then look elsewhere for attacking spark. I think I prefer Levi.

Yeah he coming I not stress too much there going hard to get bj leuluia and knights are looking at Alex Johnson or douhei. Like most stories I guessing it be confirmed by end of week imagine

Tigers have Liddle and possibly even Billy Walters to cover rake - so I don't know that they'd be in the market for Levi

I noticed the other day that McCullough was off contract - he's got experience and is a solid defender but lacks creativity. He'd only work if Des wants an 80 minute tackling machine to hold middle strong and then look elsewhere for attacking spark. I think I prefer Levi.
I thought they are not that confident with Liddle and were originally trying to ink Levi before us.
Will try to find where I read this !

Danny Levi opens up on Newcastle Knights exit ahead of Manly arrival
Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
January 21, 2020 4:26pm

Danny Levi is adamant he is one of the best hookers in the game as he looks to salvage his career with a fresh start at the Sea Eagles.
Levi will report to Manly training on Wednesday putting behind him 18 months of turmoil and uncertainty after the ex-Kiwis hooker spectacularly fell out of favour at Newcastle. The Knights released him from the final year of his deal to link with the Sea Eagles for 2020 in a massive boost to Manly’s depleted hooking stocks.

“Not to be cocky but I’ve always thought I was better than a lot of the hookers in the NRL but I thought I was never given a fair chance to show it,” Levi said. “This fresh start will give me a chance.

“I’m playing for a contract. Whether it’s at Manly or somewhere else. I want to do the best for the team. They’ve got a really good team and are premiership contenders. For me to try and get into that team will be awesome.”

Levi will also meet coach Des Hasler for the first time on Wednesday. He will be walk-up start for the Sea Eagles who were struggling at hooker. First-choice rake Manase Fainu has been stood down by the NRL pending his court case and he is also battling to be fit to play this year because of a serious shoulder injury.

The Sea Eagles were considering stopgaps Lachlan Croker or Cade Cust before reaching out to Levi earlier this month. Levi, 24, played four Tests for the Kiwis in 2017 before falling foul with former Knights coach Nathan Brown.

“It was hard at times,” Levi said. “I always thought I did enough to deserve to be in first grade. I can’t control certain things. It does take its toll but it’s part of rugby league.

“There were some really challenging times when I thought I was doing enough to play first grade and then all of a sudden I was dropped.

“My partner and my mates were always there around and told me to keep my head up. I always believed I was good enough. That was the main thing. I’m just happy to get a whole fresh start and get to prove any doubters wrong.

“It’s been a rollercoaster year. I thought I was able to handle it pretty well. I’m just excited for a fresh start and to play under one of the best coaches in Des Hasler.”

Des Hasler has a knack for bringing the best out of his players. Photo: Peter Lorimer.

s like there is no hope. I had to stay fit.

“I hold no grudges towards (Knights coach) Adam (O’Brien). He is a very good coach. He had to focus on the players that were going to be there for him. You’re training out of position and put wherever you’re needed. When you’re on the outer and they know it you get put in as a fill-in. That’s not their fault. They have to focus on their team. I was playing everywhere – centre, halves, wing.

“The good thing now I’ve got a team to go and they want me to play hooker. It’s a fresh start and I’m looking forward to getting back to where I was.”

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2