2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
"well spoken"???

Surely a reduction in interchange means more fatigue so a player gifted in attacking instincts becomes doubly valuable.
Not if he has a low work rate and fatigues fast. When Fainu plays long periods without stoppages his sharpness drops off way too much----he might be able to play long minutes but at a much reduced attacking effectiveness.

Well spoken players(even players who respond in a manner that is unique and insightful minus a large vocabulary) tend to always challenge themselves to improve their games and not just rely on natural talents that can only get you so far.

The club will be better off without Fainu for a variety of reasons in the long run.

Not if he has a low work rate and fatigues fast. When Fainu plays long periods without stoppages his sharpness drops off way too much----he might be able to play long minutes but at a much reduced attacking effectiveness.

Well spoken players(even players who respond in a manner that is unique and insightful minus a large vocabulary) tend to always challenge themselves to improve their games and not just rely on natural talents that can only get you so far.

The club will be better off without Fainu for a variety of reasons in the long run.
Is that you Api??

I think another of Fainu's strengths is his intuition. He is a natural footy player and seems to always take the right option in attack. (He doesn't overplay, but occasionally may underplay.) I also like his ability to scoop up the ball one handed at dummy half whilst in motion - puts the team on the front foot.

Edited
The problem is everyone overlooks his deficiencies in the defensive elements of the game and keeps harping on about his half decent natural attacking abilities like only half the qualities matter.

I don't mind keeping Fainu at Manly from the perspective of a good young player that still is a long way off being considered "a star player" and valued accordingly, but the hype around the kid is going to be reflected in the next contract it appears and he will be way over valued.

From my perspective, i never rated him work rate wise or defensively, already has shoulder issues that made his defensive frailties stand out more, more bracing for tackles and not initiating positive contact. In saying that you have to admire the courage to continue to play on with a busted shoulder for much of the year.(but like i said defensively Fainu has always been average at best regardless of the injury)

On top of that his passing game is not a natural stand out just yet(may grow into that) and to top it off you would think after being given a wake up call and chance only a few years ago in the courts that his attitude would reflect a more humble respectful person, doesn't seem to be the case.

Is that you Api??
Api talked the kid up by saying Fainu is a future leader and a class player.

In saying that sometimes people say nice things more out of encouragement and leaving on a good note, or maybe that is just a reflection of me and what i sometimes do lol.

Fine fine Fainu is the best young hooker to come out of the Manly ranks since......nah i can't do it, i just can't bring myself to be as classy as Api.

The problem is everyone overlooks his deficiencies in the defensive elements of the game and keeps harping on about his half decent natural attacking abilities like only half the qualities matter.
Like everyone else, I don't have any idea how this is going to pan out, but I like the way Manase plays and I like what he brings to the team. And that's the point: if it works for the team as a whole, it doesn't matter whether he's "the complete NRL hooker" or not. All we "average" fans see is that our team looked better and got better results when he was on the field.

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere but Newcastle Herald has posted a story that suggests it's progressing with Levi. The local journos up here and usually pretty good with this stuff and Knights players. I'd take odds on now that Levi joins. Assuming they can offload someone ( or have a space left etc )

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere but Newcastle Herald has posted a story that suggests it's progressing with Levi. The local journos up here and usually pretty good with this stuff and Knights players. I'd take odds on now that Levi joins. Assuming they can offload someone ( or have a space left etc )

We are entitled to compensation for Fainu, so nobody needs to be moved on. But I expect Todd to drag the chain in his “thorough” examination as is customary when it comes to his corrupt regime’s dealings with our club.

I do not understand the work rate concern you have. There were games where he was an absolute machine. I can remember some amazing 20-30m runs from dummy half late in games where he was carrying prop forwards on his back. The golden point game in Melbourne rings a bell; he was huge when everyone else was stuffed. It was like having another front rower at times, such was the power he generated from his legs. I think he has a huge engine.

Great article. Do we have an “excellence in journalism thread”? Knights readers would weep after reading that.

Just saw their official team photo being taken with their 2020 squad. Levi doesn’t seem to be there.

385FF6D1-BE70-406C-A428-3C2D4F486C5B.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4