2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
His style of play will suit chez and Turbo through the middle.
I am not very confident about Manase rejoining the team this year, so signing a ready made first grade hooker would be a useful. I think Levi with our big mobile pack around him, would thrive under Des. After Cooke, I think he may be the fastest dummy half in the competition (if Ipape makes it to NRL, he would be faster). We have several no. 14 options with possibly Cust being the front runner at this stage. If Des decides to sign no one at all and to develop the players we already have, I would also be happy with that.

I think he will be a new player under Des ,thrilled if he makes it here.
Sharp and engaging around the ruck with well timed short passing is all the video shows but definitely a player with good foundations to work off.(DCE and Tom as stated in other posts will love pushing up through the middle off his sharpness around the ruck)

Strong nuggety physique that should be able to handle some one on one tackling, hopefully has strong forearms also for an effective crisp long passing game off the ground and not requiring a delay to wind up.

The vid doesn't show much though, doesn't show any great defending moments other than assisting, every pass is short and direct while engaging the markers very well.(which is good but you need more than that for a dangerous lateral attack with variety)

How is his work rate like off the ball, does he clean up well for tiring forwards, does he have a kicking game, can he work the player over in defence, is he vocal and confident.

For Manly to go another level in attack we have to go beyond the pushing up through the middle sharp plays and taking advantage of the few quality second phase plays that are on offer each match.

It's a done deal clearly. Annoucement will be tomorrow for sure.

Oh well. If DES thinks the team can use him so be it.

Personally I think DES needs to sprinkle that magic of his with Levi still. 3 years ago he was great, but last year I thought his performances at the back end of 2019 were woeful for the knights.

No doubt he will have a point to prove. But he still has to deliver on the training paddock for mine.

I'll continue to pencil in Croker as starting hooker. Hope I am wrong.

The old reasoning of "...he wasn't good enough for..." has been shot down time and time again.

The biggest indicator for me if Des wants Levi or not is that he wants/needs an experienced #9, he let Api go with a view to Fainu being the one with Croker/Cust off the bench and could maybe tinker with who plays #6.
Is Walker his preferred 5/8 or centre?
If Fainu is goneski then that changes things, an experienced, coachable #9 with a point to prove is what's required, can't risk a makeshift #9 - Croker/Cust - if Schuster etc was in the mix at 5/8.

Anybody who has watched Levi knows he can play. The knights have been a rabble for some time now and most player up there have gone backward of late. Change of scenery for Levi will do him good. I think he fits our style well and like the signing if it happens.

Stats show he averaged 57 mins last year ..... anybody know if he Can he play 80 min ..?????

Knights had been shopping around last year (for whatever reasons, on or off field who knows) but hopefully that leads to a good price/deal for us!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8