2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
There is a chance that Fainu may never play for Manly again. That will depend on the court case as well if he shots himself (or stabs himself) in the foot in between time.

We are left in a bad situation what ever happens.

A friend of mine is an acquaintance of Craig Bellamy. When Craig first interviews a prospective player he takes them out for coffee. If they do not use the words please and thank you during the process of ordering/receiving the coffee he does not sign them. To do with manners. Not sure what it is to do with this thread but helps to have players of good character.
...." so Cameron, would you like a boat with your contract?"
"Yes please Mr Bellamy".
"You're hired, Cameron."

This incident was obviously very upsetting for the daughter of @wombatgc and very disappointing for the club's supporters. I think there has always been a history of not-so-good-behaviour by players in our club, but in the past, you only heard about it on the grapevine. Now, there are smartphones to record bad behaviour & social media to broadcast it instantly.

As we know, both players have prior bad form, and should be counting their lucky stars that they even have the opportunity to play NRL and earn good money. Fainu's sex tape was very distasteful - only a handful of young men would stoop so low. It's such a shame because he is a very talented player & exciting to watch (one of my favourites in the current team - I hope that he is found not guilty on the stabbing charge). A problem is that his friends & extended family include gang members. At heart individuals may be good, but can behave badly when constantly keeping company with less desireable types. It appears peer pressure is having a detrimental effect on these players.

I think management and Des should come down very hard to stamp out this behaviour. In Manase's case, I think he should be dissuaded from using social media. Also, maybe Des should push through his original idea to house the islander players from the west on the Northern Beaches (with perhaps a live in cook & house manager). The players should be encouraged to do a lot of community work and become role models for boys and young men from the west with similar backgrounds.
I don’t think it is all up to Des and the club. The kid needs to grow up! Where are his parents? Maybe they could take a little more responsibility! .... just sayin’

Just wonder if A F B or Manase have made any attempt to make an apology or have expressed some regret over the matter , would surely go some way to helping the situation and giving some redress for Wombatgc and his daughter . Just no excuses really and totally unacceptable even if it was alcohol induced , they are still well paid representatives of a high profile sporting club and should be well aware of expected standards of conduct . Choc Watmough had some issues related to a poor attitude and outlook conduct wise early in his i st grade Manly career until he was eventually pulled into line , probably the same approach is needed now by the club management to make these guys show some improved outlook consistently .

Jamie Soward says: If Manase Fainu can't start the season the answer is in the Blacktown Workers team. Zach Dockar-Clay had a great 2019 leading the Workers around, has a high work rate, is smart, has a good kicking game and could definitely handle the step up to NRL level.

Jamie Soward says: If Manase Fainu can't start the season the answer is in the Blacktown Workers team. Zach Dockar-Clay had a great 2019 leading the Workers around, has a high work rate, is smart, has a good kicking game and could definitely handle the step up to NRL level.
Just does "t seem to be in favor right now for what ever reason , some versatility as well with some half >s prior experience . Can go O K but guess that it is still a case of whether Croker or Cust can measure up first with this P N G lad to get an opportunity initially also .

Bit like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted.
In saying that, I won’t be making any more comments on here about the subject from now on.
I will write the email to the CEO . And we‘ll go from there.
depending on what happens here i dont think i will renew my membership next year , ive been a loyal supporter since the 70's even though i now live in fnq, this could be my excuse to forget the loyalty and get behind the cows.

Gee the Cows have had more then their share of very poor player off field behaviour in past times so maybe not a balanced comparison there but each to their own of course . Hope that you can still retain the once an Eagle supporter , always an Eagle supporter adage , this will pass , still a great and proud club collectively . Hope that you can stay loyal to the cause .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7