2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
Agree. Billy Britain, Zac Woodford.

Then more experienced Dany Levi, Matt Mckilrick, Issac Luke, Lichaa.

Then our own Cust, Croker and ZDC.

Plenty of options. All willing to play for unders to get an NRL gig. All of which will get a full preseason with Singe and Hasler working with the rest of the spine.
Kurt the Baptiste is off contract. Has some experience. My non-Manly unsigned hooker hit list would be: 1. Kurt Baptiste, 2. Isaac Luke, 3. Danny Levi 4. Jamie Buhrer.

But happy to go with ZDC or Cust.

I'm not sure if anyone has come across this, but Manase's lawyer, and the Sea Eagles, seem to think there is a strong chance of an acquittal. Manase's defence will be 'mistake of identity'. He has a committal hearing on the 16th of December.

Levi
Luke
Granville
I think all 3 under Des and Donny would hit career best form. Hopefully Fainu is cleared asap but we really need to be sorting out a signing soon if he won't be available.
Cust croker and clay will all play important roles this year as backups and utility options but after losing Api, hodko, elgey and possibly Fainu surely we need to stock up our options on top of what we currently have in our squad. Its not ideal but whoever replaces him will have their own advantages and attributes.

I can see a career for you as the Sea Eagles legal representative in judiciary matters. I'd be sounding the club out to be placed on a retainer, like our 'Development' players.

Maybe I’ll work for the judiciary themselves and just let every Manly player off? Great idea!!

Can you play hooker @ellakasmar

That would solve all our issues , 12 months off Uni, then Nase returns!!

Done!! Chuck me in Des

Guess that if the club was chasing Luke as a back up 9 to Manase some weeks ago would indicate that neither Cust , Croker or Docker - Clay were that much in favour as preferred sub options at that stage . However read in my local N Q newspaper today that the club is confident that Croker may be able to make a fair fist as a 9 . Certainly a lot of speculation but must admit that Croker with his fairly solid defense , sharp running game and even limited experience as a play maker may go O K there . Not saying that Cust and Docker Clay are not reasonable footy players with ability but A P I and Manase set an impressive bench mark and has to be a priority to find pretty decent replacements . .

Just listed as a younger available option. And agree with your comment about ZDC.

I was more just pointing out that there’s many options out there and I’m sure Des and Crusher (when making the decision to release Api) would have reviewed all options and already probably had made some inquiries.
Now Fainu looks to be gone, I reckon it’s just a matter of putting plan B into place rather than scrambling for anyone they can find.

A full preseason with the rest of our squad will be great for whoever they choose to wear the 9.
I'm guessing we will know by Christmas whether we need a replacement or not. If the case doesn't get thrown out in the December hearing then he is gone for the year and I think the Supreme Court hearing could give an indication on how likely that is.
I think the most important thing is finding someone who fits the into the team as well as Dessie's methods and structures. There are plenty of options out there - just need to pick the right one and have a backup in case they aren't.

Guess that if the club was chasing Luke as a back up 9 to Manase some weeks ago would indicate that neither Cust , Croker or Docker - Clay were that much in favour as preferred sub options at that stage . However read in my local N Q newspaper today that the club is confident that Croker may be able to make a fair fist as a 9 . Certainly a lot of speculation but must admit that Croker with his fairly solid defense , sharp running game and even limited experience as a play maker may go O K there . Not saying that Cust and Docker Clay are not reasonable footy players with ability but A P I and Manase set an impressive bench mark and has to be a priority to find pretty decent replacements . .
I thought it interesting that Croker played a fair bit of reggies playing at fullback this year. Was this to cram as many potential playmakers into the squad or to give him some more versatility when filling a bench spot next year? From what we saw last year I would worry about Croker's work rate and his ability to get injured.

This is so similar to last year with Walker. It forced us at the time to depend on and use 2 "below first grade standard" players in Suli and Parker. Both players had lots of game time and gradually became integral part of our team, even when Walker came back and was playing well. This could be the same situation. It will give one of the 3 most likely players a wonderful opportunity . I think who ever is chosen (most likely 2 to cover backs and hooker) will improve to the same extent as Suli and Parker did this year.
I would be shocked if we had coin left over to buy another hooker to the ready made standard we need.

I thought it interesting that Croker played a fair bit of reggies playing at fullback this year. Was this to cram as many potential playmakers into the squad or to give him some more versatility when filling a bench spot next year? From what we saw last year I would worry about Croker's work rate and his ability to get injured.

agree. I reckon Croker has the tools to be a solid 9 however there are massive question marks over his durability.

I guess that also having Cust and Elgey at Black Town meant that they had to fit Croker in somewhere and certainly does have some versatility in his favour . For sure also some injury prone concerns but may be given a shot there if some other suitable options do not eventuate .

I am currently procrastinating in doing my Torts assignment right now, but reading the comments from @SeaEagleRock8 & @urulion surely counts as study right ;)

I'm doing civil and criminal procedure as a unit at Uni next year so sadly I don't know the ins and outs. But gosh I hope this goes in our favour

Hi Ellakasmar, hope you are well. I am sure that you are probably aware, but back when I was doing my degree about 10 years ago there were these little textbooks called law briefs from LexisNexis (I believe) for most units, these little gems are invaluable. I am not sure if they are still around these days, but these little textbooks may provide great assistance as you navigate your studies.

All the best with civil/crim procedure next year and all future units, I am sure you will do extremely well. I also hope this goes in our favour, it would be a shame to see great talent wasted.

Who the **** are you? Lol must be new

I'm a realist, this is one of 5 worst case scenarios for our off season

IMO this off season would've resulted in Fainu getting either the CCM OR Dally M award, possibly both
I was here at the end of last year saying that I saw some good play from Parker in an uncoached side and that he should be given a go. Now I’m saying that I can see a potential star in Cust and if he gets his start because Fainu ****s up than I’m not going to go for a bath with the toaster just yet. Whoever wears the nine for Manly next year, I’m gunna be cheating for him. As I’m sure will you.

I was here at the end of last year saying that I saw some good play from Parker in an uncoached side and that he should be given a go. Now I’m saying that I can see a potential star in Cust and if he gets his start because Fainu ****s up than I’m not going to go for a bath with the toaster just yet. Whoever wears the nine for Manly next year, I’m gunna be cheating for him. As I’m sure will you.

Well.....

:giggle::angel:

Hi Ellakasmar, hope you are well. I am sure that you are probably aware, but back when I was doing my degree about 10 years ago there were these little textbooks called law briefs from LexisNexis (I believe) for most units, these little gems are invaluable. I am not sure if they are still around these days, but these little textbooks may provide great assistance as you navigate your studies.

All the best with civil/crim procedure next year and all future units, I am sure you will do extremely well. I also hope this goes in our favour, it would be a shame to see great talent wasted.

Hey! Oh right, I am familiar with the LexisNexis online database so will have to look out for them!

Thanks for your well wishes! And yes me too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8