2020 Finals discussion thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've got my money.

Screenshot_20201025-205604.png

Got to say all of Storms tries were soft. The dodgy penalty try, cam Smiths try, the intercept to go with the Panthers couple of no tries. They didn't play their best footy in the wet in that first half and storm got away with blatant holding down all night. When they started to play like they have been Panthers were killing them, just shot themselves in the foot too often early on.

That was my take as well, if Panthers had made their shots count in the first half it might have been a different match. They looked like they were physically smashing the Storm (a lot of people were deriding Gus for saying the same thing) and actually searching for tries. Melbourne on the other hand janked two of their tries (1 was completely against the run of play) plus that penalty try.

Other than that, the Storm did not much other than slow down the play as much as possible (the refs let them), and take penalty goals any other time they got within 30 metres of the Panthers line. The game was pretty much won at half time.

I don't think Cleary's gamble to put Naden on the bench worked. He did the same thing in the 2011 Grand Final when a few of his regular starters were on the bench, and his team went missing for more than half of that match as well.

I reckon the refs got the call right. Except the riff first try. Penny's looked way better with Naden at centre in both attack and defence. I thought he must have been injured. May be needled up to play at the end. If not the decision to play May there was simply silly.

Cam once again showed what we need one DCE to do. The way he pulled the team back into line when they where too loose and try happy.

Thats how Captain's win matches. Not by being a headless chicken.

The Storms experience at the last dance showed. Riff will be better for the run next year.

Queensland Maroons squad
  • Jai Arrow (Gold Coast Titans)
  • AJ Brimson (Gold Coast Titans)
  • Moeaki Fotuaika (Gold Coast Titans)
  • Phillip Sami (Gold Coast Titans)
  • Edrick Lee (Newcastle Knights)
  • Hymel Hunt (Newcastle Knights)
  • Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • Coen Hess (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • Xavier Coates (Brisbane Broncos)
  • Patrick Carrigan (Brisbane Broncos)
  • Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons)
  • Josh Kerr (St George Illawarra Dragons)
  • Harry Grant (Wests Tigers/Melbourne Storm)
  • Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Sea Eagles)
  • Jake Friend (Sydney Roosters)
  • Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters)
  • Dunamis Lui (Canberra Raiders)
  • Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
  • Corey Allan (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  • Dane Gagai (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  • Jaydn Su’A (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  • Kurt Capewell (Penrith Panthers)
  • Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (Melbourne Storm)
  • Brenko Lee (Melbourne Storm)
  • Christian Welch (Melbourne Storm)
  • Felise Kaufusi (Melbourne Storm)
  • Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)

QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
    QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!

Queensland Maroons squad
  • Jai Arrow (Gold Coast Titans)
  • AJ Brimson (Gold Coast Titans)
  • Moeaki Fotuaika (Gold Coast Titans)
  • Phillip Sami (Gold Coast Titans)
  • Edrick Lee (Newcastle Knights)
  • Hymel Hunt (Newcastle Knights)
  • Valentine Holmes (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • Coen Hess (North Queensland Cowboys)
  • Xavier Coates (Brisbane Broncos)
  • Patrick Carrigan (Brisbane Broncos)
  • Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons)
  • Josh Kerr (St George Illawarra Dragons)
  • Harry Grant (Wests Tigers/Melbourne Storm)
  • Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Sea Eagles)
  • Jake Friend (Sydney Roosters)
  • Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters)
  • Dunamis Lui (Canberra Raiders)
  • Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
  • Corey Allan (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  • Dane Gagai (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  • Jaydn Su’A (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  • Kurt Capewell (Penrith Panthers)
  • Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (Melbourne Storm)
  • Brenko Lee (Melbourne Storm)
  • Christian Welch (Melbourne Storm)
  • Felise Kaufusi (Melbourne Storm)
  • Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)

QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
    QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!! QUEENSLANDER !!!
Brenko Lee....you’re shiiting me.

This game to me was rather predictable. I believe that for Penrith to win it was always going to be a game of patience.

The start they had to endure marred by the vidiots who controversly ruled a penalty try firstly, where the hell was the Panthers player supposed to go?? and the marginal call that ruled out Mansours equaliser put them right behind the 8 ball to start the game.

What they needed to do is keep the score to no more than 10-0 at half time and the errant pass Cleary did had a devastating consequnce and then Scam Smith gets a jammy try on half time and the game is pretty much done.

I thought Papenhyzens try after the break was magical, gosh he reminded me of Brett Kenny when he scored that try.

Penrith kept forcing the play and coming up with errors and they had the energy but not the composure or experience and it told in the end.

As good teams do, the Drizzle forced Penrith to play a different way and scoreboard pressure meant it catch up footy for Penrith and they left their run too late.

Penrith will be better for this and hopefully this is when the Drizzle decline.

They were blessed tonight, all the tight calls in the crucial first half went their way.

How the hell is Sutton the best ref in the game???? The vidiots just continue to get it so wrong. The first Penrith try had to be disallowed due to a blatant obstruction. They have no feel for the game and basically its a lottery. Time for the refs on the field to be more decisive and only use the bunker if there is absolute doubt.

I think we fans have had a gutful of these clowns shaping games and changing the momentum of them.

There needs to be a total overhaul of the way the game is officiated!!!

Mate qld dont have anyone this is why nsw will 3 peat them and embarrass them
See, this is where I think of "fattys" 95 side (@HoldenV8 correct me if I’m wrong). No one gave them a chance. And look what happened. I like to be a confident Blues supporter, but not taking the piss confident.@:D
*which I just did with Brenko Lee. When will we learn.?

Last edited:
Well thank **** thats all over and asterisk cup is done for the year.

Great to have a game ( of sorts) this year but it just never seemed the same during the 2020 Covid Cup.

Funniest thing of the night, Bellyache going ballistic in the sheds with 15 minutes to go.

Glad this season is done and dusted. I wanted Penrith to win, but just didn't see it happening..
Had my punters club money on vunavalu scoring a try paying $2.20 so his try was the highlight for me..
The way this corona thing seems to be lingering around im worried the asterix cup will be contested again next year...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4