2020 Finals discussion thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Old Karma is a bitch for the whinging worms!! All night you see Moses moaning at the ref, and his goal kick from point blank range goes astray and the Vermin take full advantage and score at the end of that set. I live in Whingamatta and it will be so nice to be able to walk around without the stench of their arrogant fans for the rest of this year!
That was the game changer. Had Moses kicked it (and he could’ve thrown it over from there),it would’ve been 20 all. And who knows after that. Definitely a Ben Hunt moment.
Anyway, suck a fat one Parra. Hopefully the Panthers roll the mixos next week.

wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!

What amazing headlines to wake up to!

Broncos spoon - check
Rorters out - check
Parra out - check

Just need the storm out (and a better 2021 from Manly - most important).

couple 'o things.

I don't mind players celebrating after a try but that arms raised hip bump cements gutherson as the biggest goose and total eff wit around. My God he looks like a total nob goblin tosspot when doing it.

I don't know who gave him the nickname of king which I think is disrespectful to Wally Lewis (who is an eff wit anyway) but try winning something other than gathering spoons. He could have asked for the name not to stick but as another poster said, he's been fully parramattatised.

Set re-starts (according to nrl) were 5-4 in Souths favour.

Also... this thread was enjoyable to read.

"Parra are going to win"
"Games over, Parra will win"
"Souths suck...parra will win"

Oh such concrete calls during the game. I notice none of the offenders go back and say "whoops" - though I probably wouldn't either lol

10/10 all around

woot!

wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!

What amazing headlines to wake up to!

Broncos spoon - check
Rorters out - check
Parra out - check

Just need the storm out (and a better 2021 from Manly - most important).

couple 'o things.

I don't mind players celebrating after a try but that arms raised hip bump cements gutherson as the biggest goose and total eff wit around. My God he looks like a total nob goblin tosspot when doing it.

I don't know who gave him the nickname of king which I think is disrespectful to Wally Lewis (who is an eff wit anyway) but try winning something other than gathering spoons. He could have asked for the name not to stick but as another poster said, he's been fully parramattatised.

Set re-starts (according to nrl) were 5-4 in Souths favour.

Also... this thread was enjoyable to read.

"Parra are going to win"
"Games over, Parra will win"
"Souths suck...parra will win"

Oh such concrete calls during the game. I notice none of the offenders go back and say "whoops" - though I probably wouldn't either lol

10/10 all around

woot!

Agreed! He looks like such a fool.. i wouldn't do that move in front of the mirror let alone on national television.

He's parramatta's spoon king thats all ;) long may he reign!

Screenshot_20201011-064131_Samsung Internet.jpg

They backed the Dalai over big daddy wayne! LOL@PARRA

It pained me to see gutho and knight playing well for parra and Souths.

There really needs to be a royal commission into manly’s retention. Although I do believe Knight was on his last warning for being a goose off field.

It pained me to see gutho and knight playing well for parra and Souths.

There really needs to be a royal commission into manly’s retention. Although I do believe Knight was on his last warning for being a goose off field.
There goes half your royal commission.

Manly used to have excellent retention.

The advent of million dollar players and their avaricious managers plays a part.

If Parra lose this it won’t be the ref’s fault.

I had my son and a few of his friends over .... not real footy fans but all of them saw the leg up that Sutton was giving the squeals ..... and they still lost .... thanks to the footy gods for giving us some comic relief called Parra

Last edited:
62 points scored in a final just shows you what a circus the NRL has become ! If you want high point scoring go and watch basketball ( you score and I score etc etc ..).
Good chance that this years NRL grand final will be 48 to 32 !

62 points scored in a final just shows you what a circus the NRL has become ! If you want high point scoring go and watch basketball ( you score and I score etc etc ..).
Good chance that this years NRL grand final will be 48 to 32 !
I love seeing free flowing football and tries, if I didn't id be watching soccer

NRL Big Bash Finals Match report
The Rabbitohs went in first but could only manage 8 runs in a slow start. Given the bat the Baggy Eels then took the long handle, knocking up three very big quick sixers, leaving them in front by 10 runs and with swelled heads after the first innings. In their second innings Souths took control, tonking over four sixers that rattled the home side. With little time left Parramatta's second innings could only muster a meek single sixer, before ending the game by gifting Souths six byes.

Losing Gutho in 2015 revisited...

Apr 2015: Manly re-sign up and coming fullback Clint Gutherson, recovering from ACL
Apr 2015: Manly re-sign up and coming fullback Tom Trbojevic
Aug 2015: Manly give fullback Brett Stewart a one year extension (to end 2017)
2015: Taupau and Walker become available to Manly a year before their contracts were ending
Sep 2015: Manly release Clint Gutherson to free up cap space
Oct 2015: Manly sign Martin Taupau
Dec 2015: Manly sign Dylan Walker

Clint Gutherson released by Manly, expected to link up with Parramatta

Excerpt from article...

“The club recently extended the contracts of some of our experienced players and further enhanced our depth through the recruitment of players who can cover several positions,” the statement read.

“Accordingly it became clear that Clinton would no longer receive the opportunity to further develop through consistent selection at NRL level with the Sea Eagles.” Gutherson, 21, can play fullback, wing or centre and looked every bit an NRL player in the five top grade games he has played, but an ACL injury suffered in round one this season brought an end to his year.

He has represented NSW at under-20s, under-18s and under-16s level and is considered one of the game’s most promising up-and-coming players.

But new coach Trent Barrett has deemed him surplus to requirements.

Full story link:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8