2020 Finals discussion thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just for you - from someone called "collaroy eel"

Taka is slow as ** and a flake. Goodbye. FMD. My life as an eels fan is NOT worth it ** Me.. ****!!!!!!! BA your a ****ing Pretender. See you next year..... maybe.. nah... I'll be here of course for more torture.. seriously considering not even watching NRL..: salary cap works really well.... Mel Storm in top 4 for last ten years.... sorry all . Loved reading posts for Monte and the mature reading from Frank . Just gutted again. I remember 86.. I was 7 years old... as you know it has never gotten better .maybe we will win win when I'm 86$!!!!!!****KKKkKkK' LEAGuEeE!
He's been on the cask wine since 9pm

Old Karma is a bitch for the whinging worms!! All night you see Moses moaning at the ref, and his goal kick from point blank range goes astray and the Vermin take full advantage and score at the end of that set. I live in Whingamatta and it will be so nice to be able to walk around without the stench of their arrogant fans for the rest of this year!

I live close to Whingeing-worm-ville as well and it'll be nice to not have to look at all their fans with their dusted of jerseys smelling of naphthalene.

AA84EC9B-6A9E-440E-A3B8-B081D743CDE6.jpeg

Anyone want to recaption The King And I from todays paper.

Plus he is a very ugly man, which makes him (along with Brett Kenny) an ideal ex-Faecalmatta player.

“Standby for a message from the football gods:

‘2020 de-Faecalisation of the NRL competition completed. Carry on as programmed.’”
It's Sterlo's punishment for not signing with Manly when Arko was chasing him in mid 80's. He could have had a premiership in 87 and then sat back and watched the club win another 3 premierships and basked in the glory of success.

It's Sterlo's punishment for not signing with Manly when Arko was chasing him in mid 80's. He could have had a premiership in 87 and then sat back and watched the club win another 3 premierships and basked in the glory of success.
Thanks @Chip and Chase , I didn't know that. I knew he was a Manly supporter growing up. Conflict of loyalties I guess. Would have been very interesting having him on board but no complaints.

Thanks @Chip and Chase , I didn't know that. I knew he was a Manly supporter growing up. Conflict of loyalties I guess. Would have been very interesting having him on board but no complaints.
I didn't know either till earlier this year when Rothfool was talking about his feud with Sterlo and what caused it. Would have been interesting to see how that would have panned out.

MY FEUD WITH PETER STERLING

It’s impossible to be a sportswriter without upsetting people along the way.

I fell out with Sterlo back in 1983 at a time when I became aware Manly boss Ken Arthurson, armed with the biggest chequebook in the game, was trying to pinch the champion half-back from the Eels.

I spoke to Parramatta CEO Denis Fitzgerald and told him I was going to write the story.

Ready for a tackle? Peter Sterling in 1989.

Ready for a tackle? Peter Sterling in 1989.Source:News Corp Australia
He pleaded with me not to because he feared that if it went public, Arthurson would be even more determined to win the battle for his signature.

So we did a deal. Fitzgerald said he was confident Sterling would stay and promised me the story as soon as he signed.

I rang Fitzgerald two or three times a week. It was bordering on harassment.

Eventually he called to say Sterling had signed but said there was a problem.

His manager John White and Sterling wanted to keep the story for the next morning to publish it in the Daily Mirror, where he was being paid as a columnist.

I told Fitzgerald I was going to write it anyway. We had a deal and his obligations to the Mirror were not my problem.

So we broke the story on the back page of the Telegraph and did a double page inside. ‘Sterlo signs life deal after Arko’s secret bid to pinch him.’

At the time I can remember Sterlo was reading the morning sports news on 2WS.

Not to be repeated

He rang me on my home phone number at around 5.30am.

What he delivered said was the best and most furious spray I’ve ever copped from a football player.

It cannot be repeated in this family newspaper.

We didn’t talk for more than a decade. Then we bumped into each other in Country Road at the Erina shopping centre and he challenged me outside for a fight.

Another time he slammed me on the Footy Show and I sued him.

Channel Nine settled out of court. I bought a little boat and called it STERLO.

Some more gold from oneyedeel, I agree with the assessment of Shaun Lane.

Posted by Bert de Naturál✌™ on October 10, 2020 at 10:05pm

BA can not coach mistakes out of the usual suspects (pattern of 7 years) and his nausiating interchanges and game management cost us the win.

Shaun Lane- Been dog **** most of the year. Drops the ball on the second hit up. Looks exhausted and lethargic during games like a baby giraffe but BA plays him for 80 minutes every week no matter how many tackles he misses and set re-starts he gives away from laying in the ruck BUT.. "pick and stick" mentality from BA. Pathetic performance from Lane tonight.

Reed Mahoney. Serial set re-starter all year. Gives 2 away in the first 4 minutes. Rectified by BA over the last 20 weeks? No.

Dylan Brown. First kick in a attacking position gives away a 20m restart. For a young kid that has achieved nothing and is yet to live up to the big price tag, his ego is the size of a watermelon and I have no doubt a Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy would have knocked it out of him quick start. "I want to play for the All Blacks" please. Earn your coin at the eels first.

It's like clock work, BA's use of the interchange every week. Pulls Paulo and Gillard off 10 minutes either side of half time... (Greg Alexander makes the call on FOX that the possession we have had we would be stupid to bring Paulo and Gillard off because they are not gassed. BUT... nope BA the clueless cue ball sticks to his failed formula. Hey, what would Greg Alexander know? He never coach the Rouse Hill Rhinos U13's before.

Ray Stone comes on (another serial set-restarter) gives one away on his second tackle.

First 5 minutes into the second half we concede a try. Liam Knight goes untouched between Ray Stone and Kane Evans.

Mitchell Moses missed goal. It was point blank and I feel sorry for the kid BUT it echos Frankie Fongs beliefs. He can not deliver on the big stage.

Outstanding effort by the team tonight.

The loss IMO in on the coach, not the players.

The squad needs a new voice with new ideas and new accountability.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8