2020 Finals discussion thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The you score , I score premiership brought to you by Super League 95. They said back then this is the vision for football and now we have a pseudo touch football hybrid game decided by referee reset decisions. I yearn for games where points were earned rather than given up so easily!
It's part of the master plan. People need to open their eyes to the shadow powers puppeteering sports in Australia. Major changes to AFL, curbing traditionally high scores. Major changes to NRL, raising scores. Introduction of the 2 point super shot in netball, and Rugby Australia acknowledging transgender players. They are heading towards a hybrid super sport played by LBBTQ2S+ while children are trafficked by an alien elite under our distracted noses.

Hmm... do I need a smiley in there somewhere?

Reflecting on the Knight's today, they actually looked very much like we did this season. They have some weak outside backs that get rag-dolled running the ball out (particularly Chihuahua and Hunt) and leak points in defence. They were missing a decent hooker, and their half was pretty much left trying to do it all himself. They were also missing a fullback.

Edrick and Klemmer were their best today I thought.
Except Pearce is ****

And we were beating them pretty traditionally, defending our line and grinding them out. 9-8 vs Roosters, 14-6 vs Raiders, game where we fought back vs eels and 'won'. I haven't seen many wins like these from other clubs this year. Really starting to think the six again rule is a dud. Our team is a lot less suited as well which doesnt help. Penrith are laughing, as are the Rabbits.

I hate how knights score 14, in ten or so minutes rabbits score 14, then next minute it's 46-14. Same as roosters 12-0, next minute 12-all, next minute panthers confidently on 28, then next minute they win by 1?

BUT Harry , you are a Millennial and the new game is aimed straight at your age group.

Think T20 cricket , Super Rugby , Super Netball everything for entertainment value.

Us old fogies absolutely hate it BUT we are in the minority now.

What junk all of these games have been. NRL Big Bash League. The Knights batted first and got 14 runs on the board. After a change in momentum Souths began their innings, ending up with 46 runs. The Knights began their second innings, but time ran out and stumps were called. Souths winning by 26 runs.

What junk all of these games have been. NRL Big Bash League. The Knights batted first and got 14 runs on the board. After a change in momentum Souths began their innings, ending up with 46 runs. The Knights began their second innings, but time ran out and stumps were called. Souths winning by 26 runs.

LMAO.
Well said.
A perfect descriptor of the game today.

BUT Harry , you are a Millennial and the new game is aimed straight at your age group.

Think T20 cricket , Super Rugby , Super Netball everything for entertainment value.

Is this what they were saying when ODI cricket was introduced in the 70s?

Is this what they were saying when ODI cricket was introduced in the 70s?

Of course.

ODI was introduced as an alternative to Test matches though....not a complete replacement like we are seeing with 2020 NRL.

This 2020 version is not Rugby League as I know it.
NRL was already a long way removed from Rugby League before these super speed ( super league) changes.

I am a millennial but I hate all this short form hyprid games. Give me test cricket, full 5 set tennis matches and 2006-2013 NRL games styles anyday.

Interested to see if this new style touch footy relates to Australia loosing more ground to other nations in test matches and tournaments.
Let's be honest the scorelines in superleague have been a joke for so long now but thats what 2020 has become.
The lack of defence is alarming. If we want 40 to 38 scorelines we can watch super rugby.

The thing is the NRL controls everyone who's employed in anything relating to the game. The radio commentators, journalism, television coverage of course. No one says anything against the rule changes.They don't want to challenge the NRL and lose their jobs. They all just carry on about how super fast and exciting it is.
In every single final this week the underdog team blasted out to a two try lead only to be run down in the next ten minutes. The game's gone mad.
So many injuries with this style of play too. It's bonkers.

So we either embrace it or go watch soccer. That's still pretty traditional. Think I'll stay with rugba leegue

Lets be honest here. The only reason the 6 again rule was brought in was for television ratings and not for the good of the game. At the time the NRL announced the rule (which if you remember had only ever been used once at the time, in an All Star game 2-3 years ago), rugby league was just about the only major sport anywhere that was going to be on television. They brought it in to try and bring in new fans who were being starved of sport on television due to everything being shut down because of the pandemic. They wanted to showcase the game as fast paced.

Unfortunately all it really has done is turned rugby league NRL style into a form of touch football. In any given season there are games that will end up as blowouts. But the frequency of those blowouts in 2020, primarily as a result of the liberally interpreted 6 again rule, has been alarming.

And the worst thing? The rule is here to stay. I honestly can't see the NRL getting rid of the rule and admitting it was a mistake.

Last edited:

The last thing I want it to be is faster, my favourite manly games are our tight wins against Storm over the years, and as for losses my favourite is our 2013 4-0 loss in QF vs Roosters. Soon it'll end up like Holden cup a few years ago and aerial ping pong where games like these will be replaced by the scorelines and intensity of this week.

Attack is boring when there is nothing difficult to break through, defence needs to be balanced (if not more dominant) in rugby league imo.

Roosters vs Panthers match report.
The Roosters opened the batting, scoring a quick 10 points from their first innings. Penrith then took the bat and knocked up 28 runs (one 4 and four 6s). The remaining overs saw Easts in their second innings put on three 6rs, but an unexpected leg bye from Cleary left the Panthers in front by one run when the umpires called stumps.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8