2020 Dally M Award Winners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Jack Wighton (26 points) narrowly beat Clint Gutherson (25 points) & Nathan Cleary (24 points) to win the Dally M Player of the Year. Coach of the Year Ivan Cleary & Rookie of the Year Harry Grant. Captain of the Year RTS. Female Player of the Year Ali Brigginshaw

2020 Dally M Team of the Year
1. Clint Gutherson
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Jack Wighton
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Josh Papalii
9. Cameron Smith
10. James Fisher-Harris
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Tohu Harris
13. Isaah Yeo

Try of the Year Kotoni Staggs
Tackle of the Year Josh Papalii

Not a lot of joy for Manly there. Did we have anyone in the top 20 of the voting ?? How did DCE go ??

Not a lot of joy for Manly there. Did we have anyone in the top 20 of the voting ?? How did DCE go ??
No Manly players in the top 20. Turbo was leading after six rounds on 9 points. Don't know DCE's tally

Top 20

Jack WightonCanberra Raiders26
Clinton GuthersonParramatta Eels25
Nathan ClearyPenrith Panthers24
Cameron SmithMelbourne Storm22
Luke KearySydney Roosters18
Shaun JohnsonCronulla-Sutherland Sharks18
Adam ReynoldsSouth Sydney Rabbitohs17
Jarome LuaiPenrith Panthers17
Kalyn PongaNewcastle Knights16
Ryan PapenhuyzenMelbourne Storm16
Harry GrantWests Tigers15
James TedescoSydney Roosters15
Cameron MunsterMelbourne Storm14
Matthew Dufty St G-Illawarra Dragons14
Tohu HarrisNZ Warriors14
Alexander BrimsonGold Coast Titans13
Cody WalkerSouth Sydney Rabbitohs13
Siosiua TaukeiahoSydney Roosters13
Apisai KoroisauPenrith Panthers12
James Fisher-HarrisPenrith Panthers12
Jason TaumaloloNorth Queensland Cowboys12

Last edited:
These are dud awards for sure... Penrith dominated the season, only losing 1 game.. api had a break out year, Jerome luai and Kikau had breakout years, cleary lead his team to an almost undefeated season, yet wighton wins?? And cleary is the only panther in the top 10.. farce

Also, katoni staggs named centre of the year.. really?? A bloke who only played 14 games for the wooden spooners, who lost 18 on the trot in a history making year for how bad they were, was named best centre of the year??? Gimme a break

These are dud awards for sure... Penrith dominated the season, only losing 1 game.. api had a break out year, Jerome luai and Kikau had breakout years, cleary lead his team to an almost undefeated season, yet wighton wins?? And cleary is the only panther in the top 10.. farce

Also, katoni staggs named centre of the year.. really?? A bloke who only played 14 games for the wooden spooners, who lost 18 on the trot in a history making year for how bad they were, was named best centre of the year??? Gimme a break
Luai (a Panther) finished 8th.
Ivan Cleary was coach of the year.
Crichton was centre of the year.
Kikau second rower of the year.
Yeo lock of the year.
Pretty good recognition for the Panthers if you ask me.
Luai’s 8th place finish probably actually cost Nathan Cleary the medal to be fair, but I don’t think the Panthers as a whole were even remotely neglected.

I think you answered your own question. Cleary was among a team of stars that all shared out the points and got votes instead of Cleary.
Wighton was Raiders best player and carried them all year and it's why he stood out and scored so well.
Same as staggs, the rest of Broncos were pooh so easy for him to stand out and score points.
I do think the whole scoring system is wrong though!

Was Turbo our highest point scorer. If so what a slap in the face to the rest of them. The whole squad needs to be put through an SAS course and find some inner strength. They were a bunch of lay down lazy arse pussies after Turbo went out.

I think you answered your own question. Cleary was among a team of stars that all shared out the points and got votes instead of Cleary.
Wighton was Raiders best player and carried them all year and it's why he stood out and scored so well.
Same as staggs, the rest of Broncos were pooh so easy for him to stand out and score points.
I do think the whole scoring system is wrong though!
exactly my point. Its also based on the opinion of the judge for that particular game, rather than at the end of year having a whole host of judges break down the year and each round and give points awarded for the best and fairest and most consistent player which was easily Cleary IMO.

Thank fvck Priscilla didn’t win it!!!! Imagine him doing his dance when announced! Anyway congrats to Whighton......deserved winner although Cleary’s 2 game suspension for lying / ticktock came back to bite him!

Thank fvck Priscilla didn’t win it!!!! Imagine him doing his dance when announced! Anyway congrats to Whighton......deserved winner although Cleary’s 2 game suspension for lying / ticktock came back to bite him!
The moral of the story, don’t dance around like a clown.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4