2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know Maloney did the business to get us home in game 2 but he was woeful tonight. At 20-8 we should have closed that out - some bizarre football. Refs killed first half as a contest with ridiculous penalties. But nice to see grubs like chambers Maguire and Munster on the end of another series loss

For mine, especially in the second half Cherry seemed to get sick of being starved of the ball by Hunt and took it upon himself to push Hunt aside. And shock horror, Qld almost pulled out another miracle from there.
That’s exactly how I saw it as well. I actually said to qld supporter friends at 20-8, if you’re any hope, DCE needs to fuuck Hunt out of there, and stop him shovelling it to Norman on the short side. Then it happened and the tries came. And at 20 all, I’m like no,no,no, give it back to Hunt and Norman!. Tommy seemed to have his ‘ roam free’ card taken off him tonight,But he was there when it mattered most. As for Fergo, he would go well on a tight rope. Did it last start in Darwin too. I just hope they keep an eye on him and Ado-Carr for the next 24 hrs. They both looked like they’re ready for a massive bender on the town tonight. It’s not like you’d send Freddy and Joey to keep watch either.

Better over series, but if you re-watch the game whilst folding your kids laundry, sober like me, you will see the impact Murray had in both defensive impact and putting us ahead before and after half time you will see his impact on the game.

He absolutely put us back on the front foot
Laundry... I do the lawns mate...

That’s exactly how I saw it as well. I actually said to qld supporter friends at 20-8, if you’re any hope, DCE needs to fuuck Hunt out of there, and stop him shovelling it to Norman on the short side. Then it happened and the tries came. And at 20 all, I’m like no,no,no, give it back to Hunt and Norman!. Tommy seemed to have his ‘ roam free’ card taken off him tonight,But he was there when it mattered most. As for Fergo, he would go well on a tight rope. Did it last start in Darwin too. I just hope they keep an eye on him and Ado-Carr for the next 24 hrs. They both looked like they’re ready for a massive bender on the town tonight. It’s not like you’d send Freddy and Joey to keep watch either.
Fergo is on a booze ban and has credited that to his origin recall. As for Fitler he doesn’t drink anymore. Will have one or two beers but won’t get drunk. He is a reformed man I hear. It seems to be working for him.

For about the first 50 minutes, Hunt rarely passed it to DCE. It was either to his St Merge team mate Norman, or to Munster. Yet once Cherry decided enough was enough, Qld got back into the game when it looked like it was going to be Perth all over again.

A1682377-6DE0-489D-AC9A-6C34B74857B5.jpeg
I know Maloney did the business to get us home in game 2 but he was woeful tonight. At 20-8 we should have closed that out - some bizarre football. Refs killed first half as a contest with ridiculous penalties. But nice to see grubs like chambers Maguire and Munster on the end of another series loss
Agree. Funny how Chambers got caught up in the victory celebrations after Tedesco’s winning Try. :)

Better over series, but if you re-watch the game whilst folding your kids laundry, sober like me, you will see the impact Murray had in both defensive impact and putting us ahead before and after half time you will see his impact on the game.

He absolutely put us back on the front foot

When he was originally picked I thought there were better options i.e. Matterson but he was great last night ... great game young man

Teddy Fergo and Cook were better for me.
Murray had good impact when he was on but not mom.

Cook did a lot of good when at hooker but everytime he got the ball in the backline (typically after a break) he ran backwards in circles and screwed our advantage. Looked scared of getting tackled

Hunt appears to have a bug in his bum about DCE, always trying to exclude him from plays.
I believe he was preordained as the next Qld and Australian half by his mates "the big 4" and DCE dashed his hopes and dreams.
I'm glad Kevvie and Mal pick Thier sides and not the players
It comes across like that doesn't it. DCE stands in the back line postioning himself to run a play, and Hunt often dummies or goes the other way, and it happens when there is a play on or an over lap. Very weird.

Even when Hunt makes a half break and DCE looms up on the inside, he dummies to him?! QLD only looked good when DCE was getting his hands on the ball more often and pushed Hunt out wider.

QLD also miss a Jake type player who can ball play, McGuire cannot pass when a play is on, just dummies as well.

Apologise if this has been discussed ... but reading 49 pages to check was too much ...

With 2 minutes to go ... all locked up ... 4om out .... I thought Cherry would take the guts and glory shot at field goal ... I realise he probably didn't want to give the Blues a 7 set restart .... but when he put the bomb up I was dissapointed ....

I know it was the % option .... but SOO deciders aren't won by taking the safe option ..... for mine it was a shot at immortality wasted ...

Not bagging DCE ... just an observation ....

I thought the same Woodsie. He tried for a FG at the end of the first half, which would have given them the game if successful. Surprised he did not go for it again with 2 minutes to go, given he has a pretty good record with FGs. I don't know how far from the posts he was and if he had a clear shot.

DCE tried his guts out and seemed to be everywhere in defence, covered a lot of ground. Still only ran the ball once or twice all game and I think if he'd done that more it would have created more indecision in defence. Also woul have been good to see some end of set attacking kicks. I think the burden of captaincy at that level still weighs on him to some extent and has hindered the instinctive plays we usually see from him. Good to see him take more control from Hunt in the second half as other has said in this thread.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4