2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apologise if this has been discussed ... but reading 49 pages to check was too much ...

With 2 minutes to go ... all locked up ... 4om out .... I thought Cherry would take the guts and glory shot at field goal ... I realise he probably didn't want to give the Blues a 7 set restart .... but when he put the bomb up I was dissapointed ....

I know it was the % option .... but SOO deciders aren't won by taking the safe option ..... for mine it was a shot at immortality wasted ...

Not bagging DCE ... just an observation ....
I think Gus Gould did speak about it, saying after Mbye made the break down field, he took too long playing the ball, possibly looking for a penalty, which cut DCE’s reaction time down, big time.

I think Gus Gould did speak about it, saying after Mbye made the break down field, he took too long playing the ball, possibly looking for a penalty, which cut DCE’s reaction time down, big time.

I noticed that ... my view at the time was that it also gave DCE more time to set up .... we'll never know ... but I would be loving the conversation today if DCE had slotted over the winner .....

Apologise if this has been discussed ... but reading 49 pages to check was too much ...

With 2 minutes to go ... all locked up ... 4om out .... I thought Cherry would take the guts and glory shot at field goal ... I realise he probably didn't want to give the Blues a 7 set restart .... but when he put the bomb up I was dissapointed ....

I know it was the % option .... but SOO deciders aren't won by taking the safe option ..... for mine it was a shot at immortality wasted ...

This explains Mbye's glacial play the ball or more correctly flopping for a penalty :banghead:

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...be0f42b53629d843618?__twitter_impression=true

It was the 78th minute as Moses Mbye was brought down by Cameron Murray on the Blues’ 30 metre line.

“Cherry-Evans will fancy himself, ” said Phil Gould in commentary. “He’s a long way out, but he’ll fancy himself.”

Ben Hunt looked up towards his captain as Mbye struggled to his feet.

Cherry-Evans was ready, but his centre had yet to play the ball.

It was too slow, and with the Blues defensive line ready to charge him down, the Maroons skipper bombed the ball up in the air. Then, the Blues went up the other end and sealed the winner.

It comes across like that doesn't it. DCE stands in the back line postioning himself to run a play, and Hunt often dummies or goes the other way, and it happens when there is a play on or an over lap. Very weird.

Even when Hunt makes a half break and DCE looms up on the inside, he dummies to him?! QLD only looked good when DCE was getting his hands on the ball more often and pushed Hunt out wider.

QLD also miss a Jake type player who can ball play, McGuire cannot pass when a play is on, just dummies as well.

You just highlighted how QLD lost the match, and suck eggs to them. DCE was brilliant and if they learn to play as a team maybe some series will come their way.

I thought Corey Norman was really dangerous (although his kicks were woeful), and if they use him the right way I can see a dangerous QLD team in the future.

Hunt and Chambers were the twats of the night. DCE, Munster, Lowe and Papali the best.

NYEagle

He was ready but that flop moses mybe tried to milk a penalty instead of a quick play the ball... i was hoping as well it would of been pretty epic for him and his confidence moving forward for us. Theres an article on the league live app about it. I screamed at mybe when he got up bitching he ruined cherrys moment

Painful watching a maroon team go down in the last minute of the game . Our belief and resilience was evident when we came from behind to score 2 tries and nearly snatch the series . What was also evident was the superior speed that won the match for NSW . Very proud of our Turbo boys
Very proud also of our captain DCE who lead by example

imagev132d8eaf353592bb5de35d2d65f13cc4f-aim92prm3az1v5vdds2.jpg

With all the momentum and stability and home ground advantage nsw had, against all the team changes and in game player losses like Morgan, and all the articles about how Klemmer and Safiti, are just going to tear in and how Finecane (sp) was just soooo built for origin.......

It was still even with 20 seconds to go! Qld very nearly did a Qld again. Something just does not click in the nsw psyche. I'm happy nsw won, but the Qld powers (brewing..lol) that be would be sitting back, eyes half closed, index finger tapping their lip and thinking 'Hmmm, interesting.'

P.S. McGuire is a total grub. Should be banned from footy.

trbojevict-trbojevicj-2gp_0487.jpg

It was still even with 20 seconds to go! Qld very nearly did a Qld again. Something just does not click in the nsw psyche

I think the narrow margin will help the Blues preparation for the series next year. A bigger margin may have conditioned a little complacency.

Saying that, it should have been a bigger win! With a 12 point lead, it was mainly poor kicking & game management which allowed Qld back into the game. Over the series, the Blues were the better team, on top in 4 of 6 halves of football.

Last edited:
That's right! btw the time Mbye played the ball QLD already knew the play and rushed towards DCE.

He was ready but that flop moses mybe tried to milk a penalty instead of a quick play the ball... i was hoping as well it would of been pretty epic for him and his confidence moving forward for us. Theres an article on the league live app about it. I screamed at mybe when he got up bitching he ruined cherrys moment

Agree ... I know the play the ball was less than ideal, but that is the case in most field goal attempts .... but my whole point was that even if it was only a 10% chance of getting a good shot away .... he should probably have still gone for it .... that is the stuff Legends are made from ....

... and it appears that DCE in that article agrees with me .... hindsight and what could of been are wonderful ... but still a bit dissapointed he didn't go for glory ...

Hunt appears to have a bug in his bum about DCE, always trying to exclude him from plays.
I believe he was preordained as the next Qld and Australian half by his mates "the big 4" and DCE dashed his hopes and dreams.
I'm glad Kevvie and Mal pick Thier sides and not the players
Hunt is a choker, simple as that, he will never be the immortal he thinks he is.

Well if it was 'below the belt' it would be about gambling and ingesting addictive substances :cool:

Looking forward to The Man talking on Fergie's behalf as he sits there like a puppet :D

$5K /hr for the coach whisperer and promised a 3-0 series win. Money well spent Qld. I'm sure plenty of junior clubs could've done wonders with that sort of cash. What a fuking waste.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6