2018 YART time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Shaun Lane

HAS to be top 4.

I thought you’d post another YART after tonight’s news!

OK, my turn.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Dylan Walker (Brad Parker until Walker returns from injury)
CE - Brian Kelly
WG - Akuila Uate
FE - Lachlan Croker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Darcy Lussick
HK - Api Koroisau
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Joel Thompson
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

BE - Lewis Brown
BE - Frank Winterstein
BE - Lloyd Perrett
BE - Addin Fonua-Blake

I would have gone Shaun Lane or even Jackson Hastings instead of Brown, but for some reason I can still see him getting the nod for the #14 jumper.

How valid is picking a team without seeing a trial game ?
What is the message one would send to the players if they named a team before giving them the opportunity to display their skills in trial games ?

Trbojevic
Taufua
Thompson (until Walker is A-O-K)
Kelly
Uate
Croker/Hastings (paper scissors rock until Carney is available)
Cherry-Evans
A. Fonua-Blake
Api
Lussick
Taupau
Curtis
Trbojevic

Perret
Lane
Frankenstein
The loser of paper scissors rock.

I thought this was a YART about how in 2018 the tipping comp was going to have the most members it has ever had.

Best tipping comp out there you would be crazy not to join.
Well said feathered friend !!!
This is the best NRL forum thanks to the people that invest their time and money to make this forum possible for all of us to enjoy .
Its nice to give back a little of what we enjoy most by joining the Silvertails tipping comp and supporting this forum .
Join now !
Link -
2017 Tipping Comp - Account Upgrade Page

support-us.png

How valid is picking a team without seeing a trial game ?
What is the message one would send to the players if they named a team before giving them the opportunity to display their skills in trial games ?
Barrett would already have almost all positions locked in. Trials are not for selecting teams they are for gaining match fitness and an early hit out for players. The message it sends to players when a team is already locked in is that those who missed out need to wait for an opportunity, till then play well.

Bench needs work, or some big improvements in form, if we are going to be top 4

I don’t know if this is a retro idea, but it worked in 2007/8 but why not a second fresh hooker / reserve half off the bench and 3 big forwards in rotation?

Bring the reserve hooker/ half ( primarily a hooker but there if one of the halves gets injured) into the game about the 60th minute and let him run wild for 10 minutes, if it works he stays on if he doesn’t API subs back in after a 10 minute break.

Could that work and if not why?

I don’t know if this is a retro idea, but it worked in 2007/8 but why not a second fresh hooker / reserve half off the bench and 3 big forwards in rotation?

Bring the reserve hooker/ half ( primarily a hooker but there if one of the halves gets injured) into the game about the 60th minute and let him run wild for 10 minutes, if it works he stays on if he doesn’t API subs back in after a 10 minute break.

Hey Mark -
The reason that 9 off the bench can work is to give added thrust to lift the tempo of the game back end of halves.
The reason it probably wont, is Api is an 80 minute player who is more of a key to 2018 credentials than given credit for.
I am of the belief, 3 forwards and a utility will be used off the bench this season, with the option of the playmaker type, a substitute option for the halves, dummy half ect...but time will tell.

Barrett would already have almost all positions locked in. Trials are not for selecting teams they are for gaining match fitness and an early hit out for players. The message it sends to players when a team is already locked in is that those who missed out need to wait for an opportunity, till then play well.
Barrett has his top 17 like most coaches....thing is, this team is a long way from finalised and with any number of forwards battling for 2-3 positions and at least a centre - 5/8 spot up for grabs, if a players heats up the trials and the other player ahead on points today does not fire, 1 would have rocks in their head not to think players could easily play their way into a top 17 position based on these trials.

One of the differences from then til now is the reduction in interchanges ...

Before you could put a boofhead on for a 10min stint of mayhem and bugger the consequences a couple of times a game ... but now you need the replacement player to do a 25-30 min spell and be able to keep shape and performance at a level high in both attack and defence.

It is why I no longer like the 3 prop rotation on the bench ... I think it weakens rather than strengthens the side. Each replacement only gets a cameo and none really "own" the game .... props need time and a couple of whacks to get "into" it.

As for carrying a player like Hastings on the bench as utility cover and NOT using him ... why would you .... if he is not needed why disrupt a team simply to put him on? Buhrer spend 2 years on the bench without getting game time ......

We as a group have been fairly accurate in predicting Baz's actions to date ...... however I think this may be more due to the fact he has had limited options than any brilliance on our part ....

It will be interesting this year to see if he suddenly goes all left field on us.

Why does everyone automatically pick Lussick? He's had about 5 or 6 good games in his career. AFB to start for me....

Round 1 side:
  1. T Turbo
  2. Uate
  3. Parker
  4. Kelly
  5. Tafua
  6. Crocker
  7. DCE
  8. AFB
  9. Api
  10. Taupau
  11. Thompson
  12. Sironen
  13. J Turbo
  14. Brown (pressure from Hastings and Fainu)
  15. Lussick
  16. Perrett (pressure from Sipley)
  17. Winterstein (pressure from Gojeffski)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8