2018 Ladder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Astonishing. The only significant change backwards in the Sea Eagles camp is the loss of Green. The positives are a year of development for numerous players who promise to lift Manly and a couple of useful buys. Sure there is a big question mark regarding 5/8. I worry about that. But in every other quarter we will move forward. We've lost no one who was effectively doing the job but for Green. If we get Hastings or Croker achieving effectiveness at 5/8, we will perform better than '17

Send me those sausage rolls. I know nothing. Well I did know Mitchel Pearce was not joining us but apart from that I know nothing and really have nothing to add.

1 scum
2 cows
3 penriff (easy draw)
4 heels (easy draw)
5 Manly Warringah
6 faders
7 donkeys
8 coqs
9 st merge
10 puppies
11 soufs
12 gummies
13 balmain
14 nrl knights
15 tits
16 worriers

The Cowboys are only going to finish as high as predicted if they have a good run with injuries. They have Jordan McLean coming and an ageing squad. I think they'll be lucky to make the 8 - like they were this year.

I don't understand all the love for the Cowboys. They weren't actually all that good this year, and their best players are a year older and that much more injury-prone.

They have this bloke called Thurston who had a long term injury last year. Apparently some people think he's a bit of a big deal.

Very different scenario compared to last year. This year we have a lot of problems to deal with that we didnt have last year.

- Salary cap cheating
- Injuries to key players (Jake, Walkz, Parker)
- No five-eight
- No Goal kicker
- No noteable signings beside a few potential first graders
- Poor bench and backrow
- No depth

Top 4 is almost impossible, top 8 also looking a stretch. You have to look at the teams that have improved and the ones that have gone backwards. Plenty of teams have improved going into next season and we have gone backwards big time. The gamble on letting Green go and not having an attempt at signing any other players other than moylan and pearce will hurt us big time.
Everyone was saying the same about this year & look what happened!!

1. Cowboys
2. Roosters
3. Panthers
4. Eels
5. Storm
6. MWSE
7. Sharks
8. Knights
9. Dragons
10. Raiders
11. Warriors
12. Dogs
13. Broncos
14. Titans
15. Tigers
16. Rabbitohs

1: Roosters
Daylight
2-8: in no order: Manly, Cowboys, Storm, Sharks, Parra, Broncos, Panthers.

If the Roosters can't win the minor premiership with 2 salary caps and probably the easiest draw of the 16 teams uncle Nick will have Greenturd turning up to Centrelink come xmas 2018.

Does Joel Thompson change your prediction.

I was predicting Manly 5-8 ... Joel doesn't change it but he does confirm it.

Does Joel Thompson change your prediction.

I was predicting Manly 5-8 ... Joel doesn't change it but he does confirm it.
Joel Thompson is reported to be a leader on and off the field and he also leads by example . He comes "on" the field and turns it "on" and I believe Joel will make a difference . I consider Joel to be as an affective and inspiring leader as what Ben Kennedy was for the mighty Sea eagles .
DCE's 5/8 partner is the only missing link that will link us to being better placed than last year .

Trent .....

"Joel is a player I have admired for a long time. I coached him in the (NSW) Country team a couple of years ago," Barrett said.

"Not only is Joel a terrific bloke and a terrific leader but he is extremely competitive and very tough. He is a professional.

"Joel has played plenty of first-grade and his experience is something I thought our squad needed.

"Not only will the team benefit from it but also a lot of our young individuals will benefit too from having someone like Joel around."

r0_590_3078_2329_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Croker seems to have been brought over as a potential long term answer to our five eighth problem. Even if we had got Pearce, I think it was a stop gap measure until someone like Croker came along to be the future of the position. I hope he measures up.

Croker certainly seems to have the enthusiasm and is young enough to learn with a five eighth as his coach. I think, unless we get a stop gap like Hodkinson, Barrett seems likely to take the risk and go with Croker to start. Certainly seems to have the credentials. Age and experience are likely to be the only concerns. Hastings will be the bench back.

Croker seems to have been brought over as a potential long term answer to our five eighth problem. Even if we had got Pearce, I think it was a stop gap measure until someone like Croker came along to be the future of the position. I hope he measures up.

Croker certainly seems to have the enthusiasm and is young enough to learn with a five eighth as his coach. I think, unless we get a stop gap like Hodkinson, Barrett seems likely to take the risk and go with Croker to start. Certainly seems to have the credentials. Age and experience are likely to be the only concerns. Hastings will be the bench back.
Hasting has more NRL experienced than Croker and it will be a "slap in the face" for him if Croker gets the call but a good coach should only see what is best for the team . Hasting is the goal kicker we are missing so Croker must really stand out if he is to take the 5/8 spot.
Is Croker that much better player than Hastings ? He is a good trainer but that means jack sht as many can look like stars on the training paddock but few can make their mark and stand out in the tough NRL Colosseum where the superior are like the Gladiators and the inferior get eaten alive

Hasting has more NRL experienced than Croker and it will be a "slap in the face" for him if Croker gets the call but a good coach should only see what is best for the team . Hasting is the goal kicker we are missing so Croker must really stand out if he is to take the 5/8 spot.
Is Croker that much better player than Hastings ? He is a good trainer but that means jack sht as many can look like stars on the training paddock but few can make their mark and stand out in the tough NRL Colosseum where the superior are like the Gladiators and the inferior get eaten alive

Only time will answer that one Bozo. The trials I guess will start to answer it for us. They aren't far off.

The only way i can see Croker starting is if trent trys him in the early rounds and hooks him for Hastings if all fails . From what ive seen Hastings doesn't go to bad in the halves and with the addition of Thompson we should be well entrenched in the 8 . Hodkinson is no world beater but looked good behind a dogs pack that made metres , and thats the key to our halves go forward.

The only way i can see Croker starting is if trent trys him in the early rounds and hooks him for Hastings if all fails . From what ive seen Hastings doesn't go to bad in the halves and with the addition of Thompson we should be well entrenched in the 8 . Hodkinson is no world beater but looked good behind a dogs pack that made metres , and thats the key to our halves go forward.
Bozo i was using Hodkinson as an example mate.

The Raiders and Panthers both fell back to earth this year. Just because we made the 8 in 2017 means Jack $++t. By no means are we assured of 8th or better next year. Some will say we will finish where we deserve.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8