2017 State of Origin Game 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't believe we lost that after the first half. I thought Pearce was good in Game 1, he went back into his shell in the second half tonight and we lost our way. Unfortunately the myth was his usual mercurial self.

On the positive side, Jake really looks like he belongs at this level. Great game, he'll end up with many more Blues caps. Can't wait till his brother joins him.

Hayne should be marked to never play origin again unless he can display some miraculous club form. Like Hopoate, he left the sport as a phenomenal player only to return as an average player. Walker should definitely get a shot

Was interesting watching On the Couch last night, with Corey Parker saying that stopping Fifita wouldn't be a problem. Called it 100%, saying that Fifita would catch the ball with his first movement being across field. Blocker took the p*ss out of him, showing how little idea he has of the modern game.
It's like boxing became when Don King got involved.
I stopped watching that and I'm done with this.
I only watched the first one because of Jake.
Fargo won't be missed next time.

Jake T 114 run meters 45 mins played
Fifita 91 run meters 42 mins played

Well done Jake at the game live even though the blues lost you made the night worth going out to watch.

You were NSW best tonight by a long way

Pearce cant kick. Puts up worthless bombs. Should try and kick deep in corners or in goal. Too predictable with the ball. Peats defense was good but service wasn't as good. He is not very dangerous at all compared to smith and cronk who were killing us at the end with their ball movement.

We didn't get and second phase play either tonight and lacked punch in that second half.

It's like boxing became when Don King got involved.
I stopped watching that and I'm done with this.
I only watched the first one because of Jake.
Fargo won't be missed next time.
Not sure about Fargo, but definitely starting to think there is more to life than rugby league. At a minimum, SOO has to be no more than one game a year, with the aim of getting back to a home and away competition, not the mickey mouse system we currently have.

Everytime QLD dropped the ball, it was a strip. The pass from the ground by Thruston was allowed to go on. The illegal blocks by QLD were allowed to stand. Lets not forget the first QLD try where there was no sideline camera shown, like there always is. How can players continue to keep getting bad calls and expected to still perform? Had NSW started to get on top, the ref's would still be roadblocks!

What if you just change the names of the players involved. Can you honestly see Smith being penalised for a similar "hit" on Tedesco?

Everytime QLD dropped the ball, it was a strip. The pass from the ground by Thruston was allowed to go on. The illegal blocks by QLD were allowed to stand. Lets not forget the first QLD try where there was no sideline camera shown, like there always is. How can players continue to keep getting bad calls and expected to still perform? Had NSW started to get on top, the ref's would still be roadblocks!
I was waiting for more footage of the Holmes try as well. If that was a club game you would've got seventeen different angles.

First game we have an even share of penalties and win well.

2ng game we have an even share of penalties in first half and lead 16-6.

2nd half qld suddenly perfect and win penalties 3-0 and come back to win the game to take it to a decider that nsw will NEVER be allowed to win.

You'd think someone was scripting it wouldn't you...of course that doesn't happen in the NRL.

The game as a whole is in the nose now.

I could cop it if it was fair but blind Freddy could see it was a stitch up.

Won't be watching game 3...we all know how it will end....

Last edited:
And that's why...(whilst I'll happily watch the games) I don't get too emotionally invested in the result anymore. Manufactured results just don't cut it for me on the enjoyment scale.

Go Manly!

Oh and well done Jake...awesome effort.

And get stuffed sports net, whose 'technical difficulties' meant I didn't even get to see nsw's first two tries until the half time highlights.!

I was waiting for more footage of the Holmes try as well. If that was a club game you would've got seventeen different angles.
100% agree but on my TV I seen him touch the line. The refs were **** as usual how bout there blokes just tackling our players trying to run through and contest bombs. lol origin is a farce

Jake T 114 run meters 45 mins played
Fifita 91 run meters 42 mins played

Well done Jake at the game live even though the blues lost you made the night worth going out to watch.

You were NSW best tonight by a long way
I thought that Jake has now cemented his place in all Rep Teams. Loz bought him on twice, showing his belief in Jake's impact.:clap:

The result is irrelevant to me, but the Ref bias on show is concerning. :cool:

I just wanted the 'Qld Immortals' to lose, and saw all but Cronk struggle through the game.@:cool:

Gagai's speed showed Bmoz up. Walks would be better in that aspect. But Bmoz is a bettet defender @:cool:

Hayne's defense was great. I think he forced 2 over the sideline tackles just on his own.
The mistake of the first half, led him to try high risk passes in the second. :confused:

Loz carrying Frizelle with a sternum injury was a huge error. Blues were down a player when Debellin could have played for 80 minutes :cool:

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4