2017 State of Origin Game 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hiya muffins.

I noticed there's no 'game' thread about game 2 and thought I'd create one here.

NSW team:

1. James Tedesco
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Dugan
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Blake Ferguson
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aaron Woods
9. Nathan Peats
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Josh Jackson
13. Tyson Frizell

Interchange:
14. David Klemmer
15. Wade Graham
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Jack Bird

Queensland team:

1. Billy Slater
2. Valentine Holmes
3. Will Chambers
4. Darius Boyd
5. Dane Gagai
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Jarrod Wallace
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

14. Michael Morgan
15. Josh Papalii
16. Coen Hess
17. Tim Glasby

As we know, it's being played in Sydney and a NSW win shall wrap up the series.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-...ury-scare-at-state-of-origin-training/8628868

Johnathan Thurston has sent a scare through the Queensland camp after going down twice at training at their Gold Coast State of Origin base on Sunday.

But Thurston bounced back from both incidents and finished the session along with the Maroons' other injury concern Josh Papalii (knee) in encouraging signs ahead of Wednesday night's Origin II in Sydney.

- at least QLD didn't try the usual "He is injured" smoke screen

THREE years ago at ANZ Stadium, Manly’s Jake Trbojevic was just one of the many thousand-strong hysterical Blatchys Blues.

On Wednesday night, he’s planning to help provide the party.

As if living the dream of every NSW fan, the one-time blue wig-wearing Trbojevic has told how he went “crazy” from the northern end of the Olympic stadium the night NSW broke their Origin drought in 2014.

“It’s pretty surreal,’’ Trbojevic, who was 20 at the time, said.

“I was there at ANZ in the Blatchys Blues when we last won. I went with a couple of mates. It was epic, everyone was going mental when we won.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/696d8789b0de3c51be091505ba24ad8f

Please don't call me muffin. I prefer Bagel.
Go the blues!
My work housemate and I dressed up as Cookie Monster and Elmo with matching state jerseys to represent NSW and QLD. We watched the game at the local hall and I can't understand why we were the only people dressed in that manner?:p
Anyway score is Cookie Monster 1 - Elmo nil.

http://www.nrl.com/nsw-v-queensland-origin-ii-schick-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/109025/default.aspx

Did we just witness the crumbling of a dynasty? Or merely a speed bump in the road for one of the most dominant rugby league teams ever assembled?

Plenty of people tipped the powerful NSW Blues team picked by coach Laurie Daley to find a way to win this year's Holden State of Origin series opener against a Queensland Maroons side missing a ton of experience through retirement and injury.

The ominous form of the returning Thurston last week will have the Blues on notice – however if they are able to replicate what they did at Suncorp and again bring their absolute best footy they should again be too strong. On that basis, we'll tip the Blues to wrap up the series with a four-point win.

Going to see some desperate stuff in this game; won't be the prettiest but it will be one of the toughest.

Both NSW and Queensland have been stacking their teams with fullbacks, I count 7 in total (though B Morris has mostly been a winger, he did have a season as Dogs fullback).
Makes me wonder if we might need a couple more at Manly, must be the way of the future.

Both NSW and Queensland have been stacking their teams with fullbacks, I count 7 in total (though B Morris has mostly been a winger, he did have a season as Dogs fullback).
Makes me wonder if we might need a couple more at Manly, must be the way of the future.
So Gutho it is then.

My prediction is that the same thing will happen as happened in 2008.

Game 1, 2008 the NSW got the better of QLD by playing a fast and energetic game that the QLD side simply couldn't handle.

Game 2, 2008 the referees allowed QLD to slow down the ruck to a snail's pace and QLD won 30-0.

The way this game is refereed will determine who wins. If there are never any penalties blown for slowing down the play the ball, I think QLD might be able to grind it out.

My prediction is that the same thing will happen as happened in 2008.

Game 1, 2008 the NSW got the better of QLD by playing a fast and energetic game that the QLD side simply couldn't handle.

Game 2, 2008 the referees allowed QLD to slow down the ruck to a snail's pace and QLD won 30-0.

The way this game is refereed will determine who wins. If there are never any penalties blown for slowing down the play the ball, I think QLD might be able to grind it out.

This is why glasby was picked. He has nailed the art of slowing it down

Watching Sterlo at the moment, good time to mention how much I hate Corey Parkers work on fox sports, he is absolutely terrible and I can't believe they gave him a gig, can stomach Tallis more than him

Good laugh tonight though as he was adamant how easy it is to contain Fifita

Really interesting game.
So much energy going in to Slater and JT....Slater will be everywhere and JT the usual step ahead....best way to shut them down to a degree, is dominate in the forwards, Qld will be frothing for payback in that middle third after game 1.
Hess is the beast who could easily make that BIG play to swing the game Maroons way...but think the NSW pack will JUST win the battle.
Will go to the wire, with the kicking game to set up victory.

Maxta's tips
Qld HT by 4
NSW FT by 2
Holmes 1st try
Pearce MOM

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4